1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Megson wants bodde

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Skeletors Wrath, Jan 26, 2012.

1. The Union Jack - RIP Bessian

Having just watched the highlights there wasn't anything to write home about re Bodde except that he completed the 60 minutes without any problems which having thought of it is actually a reason to write home. Dobbie looked good though injecting pace into the MF and Rory Donelly showed promise. It'd be good to see the Dobster back in the starting line up against Bolton!

2. mustyfrog

mustyfrog Well-Known Member

unfortunately i think Mr Dobbie wont get a run in the first team again

3. ivoralljack

ivoralljack Well-Known Member

Buck said in today's local paper that he wants to keep Dobbie and regards him as an integral part of the squad.

4. mustyfrog

lol integral and he never gets a game

5. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

I like dobbie and he does have a part to play abet as sub or games where we do not need our main players and would be happy to keep him. but id think he would be better off somewhere else if he wants regular first team football and his happiness must be paramount on what he wants. i will continue to follow his career if he does go as he was a great servant to our success and i wont forget that.....

6. mustyfrog

if i was Mr S Dobbie i would want reg first team football unless he is happy getting paid whatever he gets and playing for the reserves

7. Kifflom!

Kifflom! Well-Known Member

Thing is Musty, he's on a fair amount of money here. Dropping down a division will put a dent in that, and he does play occasionally for us (Spurs at home for exapmple and cup games). He loves the area and has a young child. All these factors may want him to stay and fight for a place, who knows?

8. Yankee_Jack

Yankee_Jack Well-Known Member

Dobbie is 29 years old. I have no idea of his intellect or his ability as a communicator; but he's approaching a point in his career where he should be starting to think about next steps. What he's going to do when playing at the level he wants is no longer an option. If he has any desire to stay in the game after his playing days this is where he needs to be. This is where he can observe and learn from one of the top coaching properties in English football. Our club is small enough that it should be possible to get good visibility into all management and coaching operations. As long as he can command a place in the squad, get paid good money, play Prem football from time to time or even in spells depending on his drive to perform and injury opportunities, why wouldn't he want to stay here.

9. Kifflom!

Kifflom! Well-Known Member

Fair point, YJ. I've no idea if he's interested in coaching but he could learn here. Players are tending to play a bit longer now though so that may be well off.

10. Scottswan

Scottswan Active Member

Firstly, by the time Bodde is back in the first team Dai will be claiming it was "15 years since he last played a competetive game, and that was in the conference and he was out of his depth there!".

Also, anyone ever heard of Ruud Van Nistelrooy? Fairly sure he did his cruciate twice, about the same age as Bodde, then made a big money transfer to Man Utd where he, let's be honest, did alright.

If a guy is fit enough to train every day (ish) and play 60 minutes in the reserves, we should have every hope he can regain full fitness, especially given the fact his injury hasn't recurred in, I think, over a year now. Choosing to believe he's never going to make it back/he's going to come back a much worse player says a lot about the person in question in my eyes. I'm happier believing things will go well, some people are happier believing everything will be ****, and that's their decision. Doesn't stop them being a miserable bastard though.

Also, if he goes on loan to Shef Wed that's mad. Years of rehab and careful baby steps, which could be ruined without us seeing Ferrie wear a Swans shirt in anger again! If he plays competitively again, it'll be directly for the Swans, surely?

11. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

Glad to see that Rodgers has come out and stated that Dobbie is going no where, time now though to get Dobbie up to some form, He needs developing at the top level, in my view, and I don't think we've seen the best from Steven yet, so here's hoping he gets his fair share of games!.......................
    please log in to view this image

Megson makes me laugh, can't believe he even tried this one on, to be honest, after all we've done over these last few years for Bodde, he thinks we are going to throw him into Megson's League 1 setup!!.........
    <laugh>

12. swanseaandproud

he might as well dragon as he has as much chance of playing regular football with the swans than you or me.....and i cant see you or me ever getting a game can you.......water carrier maybe......<laugh>

13. mustyfrog

if i was a fringe player on any side at the age of 28-34 i would be getting all my coaching badges, perhaps an avenue mr dobbie, mr monk and mr tate should look at

14. mustyfrog

harsh Dai, rather have dobbie who has a shot on goal than most of the midfielders playing tip tap tip tap

15. aswan_dam

aswan_dam Well-Known Member

As quoted in today's Evening Post from Brendan Rodgers:

"For now Ferrie can't go out on loan."

"He looks stronger day by day and week by week, but I still think he is some time away from playing".

"A loan could be something we look at further down the line, but he needs a few weeks to get up to speed."

[It's at the end of the 'Dobbie staying at the Liberty' feature]

16. swanseaandproud

im on about boddie musty im happy playing dobbie against bolton....<ok>

17. aswan_dam

aswan_dam Well-Known Member

Can the moderators encourage superswan99 to spell the players' names correctly? boddie just sounds wrong. <cheers>

18. mustyfrog

i would be happy playing dobbie rather than Gower or Sinclair atm

19. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

Bodde Dai, will get his chance, whether you like it or not, as for bottle carrying, no problems I do enough of that on a weekly basis, even do my Linesman bit now and again too!............. <cheers>

20. mustyfrog

assistant referee pls DPJ