1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Matchday Chat

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by Bluebaldee, Sep 26, 2020.

1. Bluebaldee

Bluebaldee Total Git

This is bloody hopeless. It’s going to be yet another defeat - and no goal again.

2. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Not surprised in the slightest about the defeat. The tactics and team selection was completely wrong. It was so obvious. Anyone with half a brain could see that.

Only thing im surprised about is that we only conceded 1.

3. old timer

old timer Well-Known Member

They announced 5 minutes of extra time and the commentator said plenty of time to draw level.

0 - 2 oxford

4. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

There we go, not surprised that have conceded another goal. Game over.

Tisdale, get the F out of our club.

5. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Goodnight everyone. Im done.

6. Bluebaldee

Bluebaldee Total Git

What an absolute shower of ****, again. Tisdale has no clue. His tactics are awful, his substitutions always make things worse and he cannot motivate the team.

Hilariously we’re still not in the bottom four despite taking two points from the last 24. Won’t be long at this rate though.

Quilllogic and GreatWesternGas like this.
  7. years ago

years ago Active Member

I repeat, Sack Tisdale, he offers nothing to make the best of what we have.
    I honestly feel that it will not be long before the board realises that we are going down and Tisdale will not bring us back up

8. old timer

Paul Tisdale thought it was a fabulous apart from the fact we didn't put the ball in the net. Did anybody else see this fabulous performance because I thought it was dire and we are stumbling into league 2. Wigan have started winning matches and they are 1 place below us. I am sue Paul Tisdale was watching a different match to me. We are a goal down with 4 minutes to play and we are passing it slowly along the halfway line as if we were trying to defend a lead rather than trying to level the scores. There doesn't appear to be any speed of thought in moving the ball forward. Playing hoofball with the shortest striker in the league is not going to get us goals
    Ehmer McCormick Baldwin and Williams had reasonable games Rodman tried hard and Daly owing to the normal C--- service being provided chased everything with no luck. I am not sure they would appreciate supporters being in the ground with performances like the last 2 or 3, I suspect they would notice we would not be very happy

Quilllogic and GreatWesternGas like this.
  9. GreatWesternGas

GreatWesternGas Well-Known Member

Is that our sum total from the last 8 games? - a measly 2 points! That's nothing short of disgraceful and nailed on relegation form. I see from the BBC stats that we had 4 shots on target and Oxford had 3. They score 2, we score 0 - does our management team not see what those stats indicate - we can't score goals, can't finish, and as nobody wins a football match without scoring a goal, we are frankly doomed!! It will be a miracle if we aren't in div 2 next season, and unless we have a bloody good clear out of the dross, and start from scratch again, I fear we will struggle there too!

old timer, Bluebaldee and Quilllogic like this.
  10. Gastronomic

Gastronomic Well-Known Member

We created quite a lot of chances. Daly should have got a couple, and there were others. It sounds obvious, but goals win games, and we don't have the quality to stick the ball in the net. Oxford converted a couple of the few chances they had. That was the difference really. We had lots of good possession, but that obviously counts for nothing if we give away goals and can't score. Oxford are a good side. They've won nine or ten recently, so anything out of this game was going to be tough. But we're in a right old dog fight at the foot now, so every game counts from now on in.

11. years ago

years ago Active Member

Just read Tisdale has gone and new manager/s from within club, I presume short term. Working on less haste more speed new management will offer new choices/system and the drop to Div 2 will still be a strong possibility, but we hope to see a change in format so we will be able to see what is with us. We ,with 20 games left will live in hope, that if we do go down we will have the basis of a quick bounce

12. Gastronomic

Gastronomic Well-Known Member

Coghlan did ok "from within", so perhaps there's a succession plan and things will pick up.

13. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Widdrington's pre match interview....

14. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Well I found that interview hard to watch. I thought he was arrogant and argumentative with his responses. Considering he was one of the major people involved with our signings and lack of signings, so a big chunk of the blame should be placed at his feet for where we are right now, he deflected away from that and was happy to throw Tisdale under the bus and laid the whole blame on to him.

What I like about this guy though regarding his attitude, some players may not like it but I don't think he will let players get away with doing the minimum. I don't think he will have a problem with getting them motivated!!

Bluebaldee likes this.
  15. old timer

CJS although Widdrington is in charge of the scouting the board have repeatedly stated the MANAGER is in charge of the incoming and outgoings of players.

16. Bluebaldee

Bluebaldee Total Git

Today’s game v Swindon postponed due to a frozen pitch. More time on the training ground for Widdrington and his players.

17. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

No way this game should have been called off!

18. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Listen to this...

19. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

20. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator