1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Thread: Watford v Southampton

Discussion in 'Watford' started by geitungur akureyrar, Feb 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. saint-jenny

saint-jenny Active Member

I popped in to see what people thought of Rickie's hat trick, and low and behold what do I see? Someone who gets off on calling people "scum" and "paedofiles" is a welcome participant.

I guess things haven't improved here any then? Pity.

2. MMJ

MMJ Well-Known Member

The amount of bitterness in this post is ridiculous.

3. MODS: can we close this thread now? It is becoming trite, insipid and dull. Everyone let's just draw a line under it and move on and stop being so infantile.

4. LuxWFC

LuxWFC Member

I think that a lot of away fans come on this board and instantly think that they will win, which when it happens so often (and quite often hasn't come to fruition) it gets annoying.

On the other hand.....I do think that some Watford fans take it a bit too personally. When you're top of the league it's fair enough that you can go around predicting a victory. Likewise...we have the right to think otherwise. There's no need for insults....it just gets out of hand like now.

But in this case I can see what has happened.

-Southampton fans think they will win, and proclaim so.

-Watford fans perhaps don't disagree that you're favourites, but don't like the arrogance.

-Southampton go on to win...whilst it was deserved the scoreline told a tale of our mistakes (and you being clinical) so understandably we were disappointed to gift you some goals (and maybe the ref too?).

-Some Southampton fans go on to gloat, say "What did I tell you?" etc etc. For me....even if you actually did completely outplay us (which I don't think you did, though you did play better so however the goals came..that's to your credit) e.g. when we lost to West Ham 4-0 at home.....then that would still be out of taste. Some Southampton fans call Watford fans bemoaning our teams mistakes and the ref "sourgrapes". Some Watford fans do the unnecessary and instead of talking about our mistakes, talk about Southampton "not being good" etc.....something which is uncalled for.

It's one of those awkward games you know......when a losing team doesn't think the scoreline was fair/due to the opposing team being good....it can get out of hand. I know because a lot of Watford fans get on the backs of other fans when they moan about it "being their worst game all season" etc. Southampton fans want to celebrate, be proud of their team's performance and victory...so there's no doubt going to be a clashing of opinions.

But...why not keep it amicable? I don't think either team played that well....but we made the mistakes and paid the price. There is credit to be given to Southampton for not making the same mistakes we did....and in being clinical when gifted the opportunities to score. Well done to Southampton....you brought good support and on our pitch not that many teams play amazingly anyway. So if you don't go up.....I'll look forward to seeing you next season.

5. RSS

RSS Well-Known Member

<applause> Well said. Good luck for the rest of the season and all that Jazz!

6. JDub

JDub Well-Known Member

Hah. The hypocrisy is baffling. You have piss-poor attendances, in a ****hole of a ground, and yet have the temerity to abuse one of our fans for not travelling to a game that sold out weeks ago. I'm sure if you actually allowed us more tickets instead of having empty seats here there and everywhere, he, and many others, would have gone to see the team top of the league piss all over the hornets without reaching second gear.

Now jog on and enjoy your relegation scrap, minnow.

7. WilcoRice

WilcoRice Member

Life's too short to spend time arguing on internet forums and wading knee deep in John Smith's. Just accept the fact that people see things in a different light and that no amount of name calling and time spent telling them they're wrong will change their opinion.

8. AdamBanana20

AdamBanana20 New Member

That's never gonna happen,sorry xx.

9. AdamBanana20

AdamBanana20 New Member

It looked shocking on TV.

10. North North Watford

North North Watford Active Member

Enjoy your club going extinct in 3-5 years. Glory hunting scum.

11. tomw24

tomw24 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

There's more chance of Saints being in Europe in 3-5 years time then going extinct

12. North North Watford

North North Watford Active Member

Pompey were saying the same thing 3-5 years ago. And it's becoming increasingly clear that a large proportion of your fanbase are cut from the same cloth. <ok>

13. tomw24

tomw24 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

But unlike Portsmouth, we have a chairman who knows what he is doing and has a sensible wage structure in place <ok>

14. redandwhitecomrade

redandwhitecomrade New Member

You are clearly a deluded individual. We're top of the league but you claim that's a fluke, we annihilated your team 3-0, but this was 'just an off day', what exactly do we have to do to show that we are a quality side?

is it possible that perhaps, we are simply a cut above? it's more plausible than saying that every team that plays us automatically has an 'off' day and that in reality, we're a poor side?

People like you are the sort who make me scream and shout on this forum, fact is that we are a better team managed by a better manager, we have louder fans, a bigger fanbase, a larger stadium, and more prospects... and that's difficult for you to admit, that you support a side that are mid table at best, 13,000 at home, and you are envious of our size.

you know the most hated team in the prem? Man Utd, then Liverpool, chelsea et al... you see the coincidences between these sides? they win, they sign good players, and other clubs such as everton are envious of their success, you can't accept that we are a good side.

We play good football, don't have problems with referees, don't kick teams off the park and dive in like a rugby team and we play positive attacking football... but we also have the ability to grind out results - the criteria for a successful side. I said before the game that we would prove ourselves and we did, but how many times do we keep having to destroy sides before they start to show us a little bit of respect?

good day, and I hope you do well this year... but don't get ideas above your station because your side really aren't that good, even on a bad day for us we still won 3-0.

15. Hornette_TID

Hornette_TID Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

This thread is now closing. Thanks for the banter Saints fans, we'll ignore the rest, as you should to. :) Enjoy the rest of your season.

16. babyhornetdan

babyhornetdan Well-Known Member

I will just add my two-penneth and post the pictures of autographs as promised.

We were 100% at fault for the first goals. No1 Kuszczak lost the plot and came for a ball which he did not need to. If he had stayed on the line he would have saved it. No2 we did not close down fast enough and allowed the best striker in the league to slide it into the bottom corner. No3 WAS NOT a penalty. As you can see Dickinson is just stronger than Lee who then throws himself to the ground doing a comical somersault in the process.
    Lee.jpg

As i promised, here are the photos of the autographs i managed to get.
    There is Nigel Adkins- Nice man, got to have a quick chat and wish him luck.
    25-2-12 006.jpg

Rickie Lambert, Jose Fonte, Danny Fox, Jos Hooiveld, Jack Cork, 2 unknown (one signed for Schneiderlin but was not him i dont think and the other signed for Lambert, but was not him)
    25-2-12 010.jpg

Dean Hammond, Billy Sharpe, Tadanari Lee.
    25-2-12 011.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.