1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Thread: Watford v Southampton

Discussion in 'Watford' started by geitungur akureyrar, Feb 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tomw24

tomw24 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

<doh>. Glory hunters were we, when we were in administration and looking at going out of business and when we dropped to league 1.

2. ----HistoryRepeating----

----HistoryRepeating---- Well-Known Member

Watford fans seem to be rather ungracious in defeat, bad show James, bad show.

3. Hornette_TID

Hornette_TID Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

when you see a match that's crap, two teams not playing their best football, and the other team plays marginally better than you do, it's frustrating...i'm sure anyone would understand that. But...i can't see any of us being ungracious..i think most have wished Southampton a good rest of season.

4. Dan

Dan Well-Known Member

Stop being a mug. We beat you 3-0 - that shows if nothing else we're far more clinical than you, and that deserves to win games. You don't win 3-0 by being terrible. We deserved to win the game, whether we looked like world beaters or not is irrelevant. You were well beaten on the day, and that's all that matters in football. Nobody is going to take the points away for not looking better than Barcelona.

5. North North Watford

North North Watford Active Member

I've said repeatedly that Southampton were the better team but that neither team played remotely well. The blinkered, glory hunting scum on your boards take this as sour grapes, and would probably take it as heresy if I compared you to Barcelona. I point out that a large proportion of your posters are blinkered, glory hunting scum, and even those who previously came across as even-handed people refuse to accept that there is a larger than usual amount of this on your boards, and indeed chime in pretending that either team played remotely well. I therefore stand by what I've said.

Speak for yourself. I look forward to them going back to they belong: League One.

6. Dan

Dan Well-Known Member

Just sounding like a pissy loser to me. No "blinkered, glory hunting scum", just people wanting to see our team get credit for a comfortable victory, yet being denied it by deluded Watford fans who want to convince themselves they're on the same level as us ;)

7. st_brendy

st_brendy Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I couldn't give a monkies how well we played (tbh, listening to the radio, it often sounded like Watford vs Lambert, so I guess we indeed didn't play that well), because as I've said for a while now, the race to the finish line started this weekend. And in that race, it's all about results. Gone are the days where you can put in a decent perfomance, not win the game, and say "oh well, if we play like that every game we'll be alright". That was for earlier in the season. It's 100% about results now, and winning 3-0 is clearly a decent result. Performances come a distant second now.

But as for Watford fans saying about how they don't usually perform like that, and that they had an off-day, well how about looking at the table? We're top of table, we've been in top two all season. Is it not therefore even the slighest bit feasible that we too had an off-day? I mean, if we really are that poor on a regular basis, then it says a lot about Birmingham, Reading, Cardiff, Blackpool etc that we've spent the whole season above them despite playing so poorly each week.

8. North North Watford

We're not pretending we are. But blinkered, glory hunting scum such as yourselves are too busy demanding the extinction of Portsmouth and execution of its fans, watching United or whatever else it is you do on a Saints matchday to actually follow your team or take the opinions of those who can actually be ****ing bothered to follow the match. You instead resort to taking their comments out of context and pretending that you actually have a ****ing clue what you are on about.

9. North North Watford

Nobody was claiming that you didn't have one. At least, not until the blinkered, glory hunting scum among your ranks started making out that Saints played well.

10. CBK

CBK Well-Known Member

Bloody hell, some of these Watford types are right whoppers.

If only you made as much noise (actually... some noise) in your ground as you do on the internet.

11. North North Watford

This from a glory hunting **** that couldn't even be bothered to travel.

12. tomw24

tomw24 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

FFS we SOLD OUT!

13. saintrichie123

saintrichie123 Well-Known Member

Hard man behind a keyboard.....well done......you must be so proud...

14. CBK

CBK Well-Known Member

That's because, Elton, we ran out of tickets and your poxy club, despite being in deep financial ****, decided it didn't want another 2,000 away fans in to boost their income, they'd rather have 11,000 lifeless cardboard cut-outs.

15. CBK

CBK Well-Known Member

takes one to know one.

16. saintrichie123

saintrichie123 Well-Known Member

You have just made yourself look even more of a dick ....shame really some of real Watford fans are ok.....a so called foul mouthed fan like you will give your club a bad name....

17. ThatThereSaintsFan

ThatThereSaintsFan Well-Known Member

Stop your embarresing yourself.

18. SuperSchneid

SuperSchneid Well-Known Member

Why does he keep saying glory hunters... How are any of us glory hunters we were mid table league 1 about 2 years ago <doh>

19. Bolton's Boots

Bolton's Boots Well-Known Member

Did anyone watch Room 101 on Friday? This thread is degenerating into exactly what Nick Hewer meant about Eastenders and its effect on people.

I say again, good luck to Saints - there's no doubt that this season you are too good for this division. But - and there's always a but - IMO you'll need the luck. I suspect that you won't finish in the top two even though you've occupied those spots for most of the season. They're reserved for W.Ham (who will no doubt be back on top after our next away game :() and Reading, leaving you to battle it out with either Birmingham or Blackpool -too big an ask I suspect.

All in my opinion of course, but I reckon we'll be meeting again next season, when hopefully things may be different.

20. tomw24

tomw24 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Yeah, in the Carling Cup! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.