1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Thread: Everton vs SAINTS

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by - Doing The Lambert Walk, Dec 27, 2013.

1. VVD

VVD Well-Known Member

Everton are looking very strong under Martinez, afraid to say it but 2-1 loss.

2. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

Analysis on Sky suggested that Sunderland beat them by defending deep...so that's us jiggered.

3. - Doing The Lambert Walk

- Doing The Lambert Walk Well-Known Member

The win against Cardiff gives us a little bit of wriggle room. If we lose the next two, I'll be fine with it.

4. Qwerty

Qwerty Well-Known Member

There's a decent chance we could never leave 9th for the rest of the season.

5. Qwerty

Qwerty Well-Known Member

Anyone know any pubs that the game might be on in? City Centre ish area. Oceana? Or whatever it's called.

6. angleseysaint

angleseysaint Member

I will be at Goodison tomorrow and looking forward to a cracking match. Everton must be favorites but they are in for a battle to get the points! COYR

7. Joe!

Joe! Well-Known Member

They lost to Sunderland at home two days ago. I wouldn't say they look that strong.

8. RelentlessPressure

I can tell you've never played any sport at a high level with that attitude. We are capable of getting something from both games. If we lose the next two I would be very disappointed. If you said it wouldn't be a disaster then fair enough. But to say you'd be fine with it is a bad attitude to take.

9. - Doing The Lambert Walk

You're right, I haven't played sport at a high level. However, to suggest being 'fine' with losing away to the team in 5th and losing to the team in 3rd is bad attitude, I disagree with. As well as, in my opinion, both squads being better than ours, we have several players missing. As you say, it wouldn't be a disaster. It wouldn't even be bad. To lose to those teams is no disgrace.

Of course I think we can potentially get something. But I won't be upset if we don't, because I see the squad situation and our upcoming run of fixtures, and our placing in the table, and feel secure.

If a player was saying that, fine. But I'm just a supporter, and I don't see that being fine with the team losing to two very good teams with squad restrictions is any sort of indictment on my persona.

10. saintlyhero

saintlyhero Well-Known Member

Chambers shows every game as does the royal oak or as you say Oceana

11. ImpSaint

ImpSaint Well-Known Member

Bit of an OTT reply?? Second thread you've replied in this tone? Chill. DTLW wasn't saying he is happy for us to lose, just that he would be fine with it. Fine in this context meaning something you could live with due to the teams we are playing.

I am hoping for 6, I think we can achieve it too however 3 or 4 points would be a good return (based on the fixtures presented.) If it turned out to be 1 or 2 points I would dare say that would be about the same as most pundits would put us down for, yet if we lose both games then we'd all be disappointed but not entirely surprised due to our opponents.

Calm down and stop snapping away at people's posts.

12. Lovelocum

Lovelocum Well-Known Member

Stay away from chambers!

The fox and hound in bitterne shows every match (yokels) so does the crap bar in leisure world (twats).

13. MorgansBitOnTheSchneid

MorgansBitOnTheSchneid Well-Known Member

The Dorchester Arms in Bevois valley, cheap beer and great atmosphere. Also a free bar for 2 hours if it finishes 4-4!

14. RelentlessPressure

It seems 'I'll be fine with it' was/is just a poor choice of words. You probably understand where I am coming from. I think we can potentially win one of the two games if we play well or at least get a draw from one of them. Everton are off the back of a loss to Sunderland and we can hold our own against anyone at home. So losing both would be disappointing for me.

15. terrypaine

terrypaine Member

"Relentless pressure" !! Medication can control your cholesterol. Give us a break.

16. - Doing The Lambert Walk

On another note...

Rickie is on 99 league goals for Saints. He's a Liverpool fan. Reckon he'd fancy one at Goodison for the century?

17. terrypaine

terrypaine Member

"I'm trying but I
    Just don't gesshure,
    Whatdja mean,
    "Relentless Pressure"?

Come on mate,
    Shout out loud,
    Just why are you
    So ruddy proud?

As a name it's
    Something rotten,
    Relentless pressure,
    Up your bottom!"

18. Le Tissier's Laces

Le Tissier's Laces Well-Known Member

It's a hell of a tough game, and much like Villa against us, their result against Sunderland, even with 10 men was a bit of a freak. A point is a great result to be honest, and before I get accused of a bad attitude, I don't beliebe i'm playing in the team tomorrow either (though that rather depends on how many of our defenders are ill....)

19. lamby

lamby Needs a cold shower

Matchday COYR!

20. Archers Road

Archers Road Urban Spaceman

Lovren will hopefully be back, which gets us somewhere close to a first choice back four. Clyne is "closing in on a return" whatever the hell that means, but Chambers is an able deputy anyway. Will we miss Artur more than they'll miss Tim Howard? Probably.

Morgan's suspension is a significant blow. But the loss of Barry won't help Everton either. Osvaldo is another one *closing in on a return" but Rickie seems to have rediscovered his shooting boots, and Rodriguez has now scored more than the pair of them put together, so if we can create opportunities we can score goals.

We can get something from this game. If by some miracle we can keep another clean sheet, we can even nick all 3 points, but I'd be delighted with a draw, as I expect us to beat Chelsea (we should be looking to win all our home games).