1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Ratings

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by JWP is the goal king, Dec 10, 2011.

1. Saints Fan4Life

Saints Fan4Life Well-Known Member

are you? none of us know what its like to be Bart, so we shouldnt be criticising him as only HE knows what goes on when he plays

2. SaintsForTheWin

SaintsForTheWin Any holes a goal

No I'm not, but with 25,000 people watching every move you make? Jesus, if you don't get nervous by that then you are not normal.

PS, I'm defending Bart here.

3. multiballsystem

Bart -3/4
    Richardson - 7
    Fonte - 6
    Hooiveld - 6
    Fox - 5 -
    Schneiderlin - 5
    Hammond - 5
    Cork - 6
    Lallana - 6
    Guly - 7
    Lambert - 8

Harding - 6 - Had a couple of bright moments.
    De Ridder - 5

Pretty sure that if Kelvin is injured next week then Bart will be the keeper. Who on earth would we get to cover and surely we wouldnt want an emergency loan keeper to play his 1st game away to Pompey! Bart would have done better if hed had more time to prepare and focus. Sure he will do better in the next.

The one thing Bart did do today was ensure that other poor performances wernt highlighted. Why has Adkins started with the 3 carbon copy midfielders in every one of our past 4 games? Schneiderlin is awful going forward and wasted so many good chances to pass the ball in the 1st half. Hammond is nowhere near creative enough and Cork is a similar player to Schneiderlin. Despite losing to BCity Doncaster having a terrible 1st half against Hull Adkins has continued to pick the same team and start with the same formation!
    De Ridder doesnt look that good but does work hard. Our squad lacks depth and I can only see the results continue to slide if the squad isnt reinforced... Pompey next week (with our away form) is a worry!
    I am a pessimistic Saints fan and always will be - I guess it makes winning more exciting though!

4. SAINTDON13

SAINTDON13 Well-Known Member

I can only repeat what I said on another thread, just what good do you think your slagging off is going to do, it may be that Barts is all that we have to play in goal, so surely you should be encouraging to make amends, a blinder at Nottarf and he would zero to hero instantly. Get behind him you numpties, one mistake won't wreck the season.

5. IMO Im ITK

IMO Im ITK Active Member

I'm sorry but there's no excusing Barts performance... He gets paid thousands to do a dream job and then cant catch a ball?? So what if he's not started in 2 years, the atmosphere was no where near it will be on Saturday and I fear humiliation if he plays. A five year old would have stopped that goal.

6. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

The defence is not rock solid anyway, but I bet any defence would play better with their usual goalie behind him. If Bart had made a couple of decent collections, the defence would have relaxed and so would he. The team had to chase a goal which made their usual passing game desert them. Taking all that into account...the team carried on to the end (a feature of Adkins team) and got the equaliser which we definately deserved. Guly tried all match, as did Lambert. Richardson played his usual important part in the game.

7. saintlyhero

saintlyhero Well-Known Member

Although I'm pleased Blackpool didn't have a shot on target after the 2nd goal in a way that hurt and compounded Barts error even further as he had no chance to make amends. I think he is a decent shot stopper, but he never recovered from that blunder in the opening minutes and he got himself the jips.

I think Hooiveld had a very solid game and held the defence together especially considering the performances from Fonte & Fox that were far from convincing.

As far as the midfield is concerned, all four worked hard and we did well to restrict Blackpool as an attacking force and kept a credible high line throughout. Schneiderlin is not comfortable on the right hand side, but again he found himself in some good shooting situations and he just needs the confidence to simply the pass the ball into the net rather than try and welly it in.

Lallana had a much improved game on recent performances and looked more like the player at the start of the season. Showed some impressive skills and involved in both goals.

Lambert by his own admission was frustrated by the quality being delivered, but he was again excellent and anything good from Southampton will go through him

8. Gabriel's Boots

Can't understand people defending Bart because he hasn't played a league game for two years. Such is the life of the reserve goalie unfortunately. He trains every day and has played a few carling Cup games this season, so it's not like he was completely ring rusty. If it was just the goal that was his only error then I wouldn't be too bothered, but his overall play was poor and some of his ditribution was wayward (a la Kelvin, I know). But it's only one game, and while I hope Kelvin is back for Sunday, I've not got a problem with Bart as back-up.

Elsewhere, yes, Fox had his worst game for us. Him or Harding left back, not worried either way. Scneiderlin flattered to deceive again. Oh how we miss Chaplow.

9. Beef

Beef Well-Known Member

Morgan playing on the wing doesn't help him tbh.

10. JWP is the goal king

JWP is the goal king Active Member

He's not being used to his full potential out there but still manages to put in a good performance. Just shows the quality he has.

11. Saint-Harry

Saint-Harry Member

I thought we looked a lot better once he went into central midfield instead of Hammond.

12. WilcoRice

WilcoRice Member

Bialkowski - 2, Put us under pressure with his kicking, can't use his hands, didn't command his box. Made a few blocks so I've given him a couple of points.
    Richardson - 6.5, Offered some decent suppost going forward but often lost the ball in his attempt to beat Crainey. Got an extra .5 for his assist.
    Fonte - 6, Most of their attacks came through our right hand channel.
    Hooiveld - 7, Won a lot in the air.
    Fox - 6, Fairly quiet but his set pieces are such a threat. We should be getting at least a goal a game from his delivery from corners.
    Lallana - 6, Lively in the first half, quiet in the second.
    Hammond - 5, I can't think of one single contribution (probably my fault, I consumed a fair amount of alcohol this weekend).
    Cork - 6.5, Showed some very good touches and worked hard.
    Schneiderlin - 7, Reminds me of Charlie Adam with some of the passes he makes. He's got the ability to be a beast when he peaks in his mid - late 20s!
    Guly - 6.5, Links up well Lambert, some good touches, sadly he failed to convert his half chances today though.
    Lambert - 8 MOM, Great in the air, good hold up play and 2 good goals. Dropped points for failing to beat Gilks at 1-0.

De Ridder - 6, Some idiots on here are now saying he's not good enough because he f$%ked up the 4 on 3 at the end but it was De Ridder's pace and strength that got us in that position. He'll continue to learn and with that the end product will come.
    Harding - 6, He did ok going forward.

Referee - 3, This whole weekend was filled with poor refs and ours was no different. So inconsistent! Chose to penalise Lambert for backing in but when Taylor-Fletcher did it he was rewarded a freekick on several occasions! Penalty all day too for the barge in the back on Schneiderlin. Didn't play the correct amount of added time after stoppages were taken into account.

Holloway is a giant Bell3nd aswell. Complaining about 5 minutes of extra time but in reality we only played 3 (if that) after the goal and their substituion. Also, comments like "We deserved to win it" and "We probably had most of the posession" can't really be backed up by the stats! Can't stand him.