1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match day threads

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by PINKIE, Mar 15, 2017.

1. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Oxo is busy studying for his exams, so doesn't have the time to do the match threads at the moment.
    If anybody else wants to do them, with fancy pics and stats etc, it would be greatly appreciated, :)

2. Sanj

Sanj Well-Known Member

Mate, this board has died a slow death. I blame Wenger.

3. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

I thought you might <laugh> He'll be gone soon. Let's hope it brings what everybody hopes for, an improvement.

4. Sanj

Sanj Well-Known Member

It's true though, there is actually nothing new to say anymore about Arsenal, it's just the same **** every season, our fans have got bored of this ****. This board has become like the Chelsea board, even though we probably have way more fans, especially online.

Sign Da Ting, BobbyD and TheBear like this.
  5. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

We have way more fans, when this place first started the Arsenal board was by far the most popular. Even on Twitter Arsenal fans have just stopped trying.

6. Sanj

Sanj Well-Known Member

Yep, I remember the days when my match threads used to regularly reach 20 odd pages, and when we would get beat, all hell would break loose between those who wanted Wenger to stay and those who even then wanted him gone, now people just can't be bothered to even really argue about that topic on here anymore.

gooner4ever, Sign Da Ting and BobbyD like this.
  7. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

I think it's more a case of the fact that people are resigned to Wenger going now, just when is the question. Personally, I hope fans will unite when he goes and get behind the new manager. There's been far too much infighting at our club.

8. Sanj

Sanj Well-Known Member

I think Wenger will stay for another two years, personally. This is a guy that does not know what to do with his life post Arsenal, because for the past twenty years, this club has been his life, also he is deluded enough to think that he has the ability to still win major trophies and in doing so he would prove his doubters wrong, which must appeal to him massively.

Sadly, I fear we are in for two more years of the same ****.

Sign Da Ting likes this.
  9. remembercolinlee

remembercolinlee Well-Known Member

I thought my FA Cup thread went down well last Saturday. .. so in the spirit of helping out you bunch of miserable bastards...sorry, I mean, wonderful neighbours...I could write another in depth thread for this week.
    As aristotle once stated...

Sign Da Ting, TheBear and PINKIE like this.
  10. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

I think he'll be here next year, I'm not so sure about the season after that. Unless we've got somebody lined up to take over this summer (which is highly unlikely) then Wenger should stay next year and announce that it's his last year. That would give the club a full season to secure his successor, I also think fans would get behind Wenger for his last season to see him out on a high. At the moment, the people who want him out are making the atmosphere toxic at the club.

11. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Good, make yourself useful then and crack on. Also mine's with a dash of milk and no sugar. :)

remembercolinlee likes this.
  12. Sanj

Sanj Well-Known Member

Announcing your future a year in advance is pretty moronic, who the hell are we going to sign in terms of players in the summer under those conditions? No player would also fear a manager who they know will be gone in a year. Wenger would also never agree to those terms, he needs full control.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
  13. lazarus20000

lazarus20000 Well-Known Member

Yeah the Arsenal board was so much better a few years back with so many characters and debates on Wenger being in or out but at least we all got together and participated on Arsenal games and affairs. Now we've become utterly predicable and boring in our play and results.

I think this forum mirrors how Arsenal is going. I believe that it's popularity has plummeted with Wenger stubbornly holding onto power. The decline was on all those years back when we called for Wenger to leave but it's the power hungry and greedy that realise it too late. Unfortunately it's gone past that point and even with Wenger gone we will have quite some ground to make up and repair the damage that Wenger and Gazidis have brought in their last few years.

Sign Da Ting likes this.
  14. lazarus20000

It would be a huge mistake and short-sightedness from the management to pursue such short term plans. Are they that deluded that they think Wenger can ever win the league or CL or is top 4 really that important? Well they need to wake up and realise that both those things will never happen under Wenger and top 4 is soon coming to an end.

It's frustrating that they had a golden opportunity to make changes but they are so risk averse that we've been left behind by the rest.

Wenger was once one of the best managers in the world and vying to be the best in the PL, now he's around 5th or 6th best in the league. So many have over taken him but the management blindly stand by him.

With or without Wenger, Arsenal will not reach the highs of late 90s and early 2000s. Only real chance we have of reclaiming our past successes is by getting rid of the existing hierarchy but that won't happen without a fight or silent Stan sells on and moves on to different pastures.

15. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

Who do we think are the most incompetent organisation?

• The Arsenal board
    • FIFA
    • The FA

???

BobbyD likes this.
  16. SpursDisciple

SpursDisciple Booking: Mod abuse - overturned on appeal
    Forum Moderator

**** me, start with an easy one why don't you. This is up there with is there an afterlife?

17. SpursDisciple

SpursDisciple Booking: Mod abuse - overturned on appeal
    Forum Moderator

Then make him life President or General Manager or some such meaningless title. Keep him involved but hand the team management over to a different coach.

Sign Da Ting likes this.
  18. lazarus20000

I originally thought we should move him up but now I wouldn't let him anywhere near after he leaves the post . Make a statue of him and leave it at that.

He is too inflexible and rigid to be moved up in management. Last thing we want is him imposing his ideas and philosophies on the new coach.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
  19. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

Wenger isn't stubbornly holding on to power.
    He is being told by his bosses that he is doing a great job. That's why he gets constant pay rises and that's why he is being offered a contract extension.

Not many people would leave a high paying job they love, where their boss tells them they are doing everything right and they get offered regular pay increases.

20. lazarus20000

To take away any blame from Wenger is ridiculous. The management is to blame for constantly giving him contracts, but it's his delusional thought that he can ever win the league or CL with his outdated and limited methods. He genuinely thinks he still has it. Yes he makes a ridiculous amount of money but the guy is a multi millionaire, I doubt he is driven by money at his age but by his unrealistic desire of success.

I guess the fans are to blame too for living off Wenger's earlier achievements. A large slice of nostalgia and misguided sense of loyality has has allowed him to stay well over his recommended tenure. But those very same supporters that defended him to the hilt are now very quiet. Where are they now? Probably died out like this forum has.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2017