1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Match Chat

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by 2whitestripes, Oct 17, 2020.

1. Surlyc

Surlyc Well-Known Member

Lookman wastes so many chances and opportunities. It's so frustrating to watch.

2. Super Brian McBride

Super Brian McBride Well-Known Member

It was a game that highlighted our poor goal scoring record at home with only 9 goals scored all season. Again our lack of creating and taking our scoring opportunities puts too much pressure on the defence when we let in two goals and we never seem to be able to recover.

Fulham COYW likes this.
  3. 2whitestripes

2whitestripes Well-Known Member

Mitro got a brace for Serbia last night and ends his goal drought!
    Could this be the start of our scoring problems coming to an end, maybe, just maybe!

4. 2whitestripes

Mitro, 5 goals in 3 international matches!
    Mitro is back on FIRE <party>

Fabulous Fabio likes this.
  5. Fulham COYW

Fulham COYW Well-Known Member

Good news on Mitro. Gives the manager a headache.

6. 2whitestripes

I'm frustrated, not with FFC as we are doing our best. But the frustration is with the ridiculous standard of referee's and their assistants, what are they doing. Players are diving, even grabbing the ball, and sometimes the refs doesn't award a free kick, but they give no cards for doing so, there's no deterrent. Players now stand on the ball when the opponent has a free kick, the ref ignores it, why, who got rid of that rule? You come up behind a player, and he falls to the floor, the ref gives a foul. We had 2 instances where our players we shoved to the ground in front of the ref, nothing given. It's farcical, we need some theatre training, or we go to the Championship.
    Rant over but I feel very sore about what's happening, not only our game but in general.

7. Fulham COYW

A case of what might have been. Started well and eventually got the goal we needed, didn't think Villa were likely to score but then came 3 and there went a glorious chance to make things interesting for these closing games.

Good to see Mitro score, worrying that Lookman went off injured, let's just hope heads haven't dropped too much.

2whitestripes likes this.
  8. Surlyc

Surlyc Well-Known Member

Yesterday was the first time when I thought we might be in trouble. We completely fell away after conceding and it went from a game where we were the better team with a lead to a comprehensive defeat in 3 minutes.

We need to pick ourselves up and get a win against Wolves. We're in a straight shoot out with Newcastle and we have to keep our heads up.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2021
  9. Super Brian McBride

Super Brian McBride Well-Known Member

We were doing fine till Trezugeze came on. Not sure where either Tete or BDCR were for the last two goals, one of them should have been covering the right side runs. Wasteful with our chances again, we had very little creativity or lucky from midfield, only Mitro's goal instinct of shooting with either foot had Martinez worried.

It will be interesting to me to see at the end of the season the explanation that Parker has for not giving Bryan a chance. I know he's not the best fullback but is one of our better crosses of the ball and creates assists. And again I'd like to know why Kebano was loaned out when he has potential with his freekicks and crossing better than some of the players Parker puts in the team.

10. 2whitestripes

7th from last game of the season, Wolves at the Cottage, ko 8pm and on BT Sports.
    A must win game, nothing else will do tonight.
    I think we may have a bit of a shake up in defence, it hasn't been doing as well in recent weeks and some confidence has evaporated. I'd be looking at having a back 3, with Robinson coming in. Scott says everyone is fit, so Lookman is available, although I though Cav looked good when he replaced him against Villa.
    I hope the teams nerves are a lot better than mine.

Fulham COYW likes this.

11. Fulham COYW

That was gutting. We needed to win tonight but again did not do enough in the final third. Missed Lookman's creativity. It's going to be a hard task now - come on Burnley I suppose.

12. 2whitestripes

Indeed, done by a worldie in the last moments, it's just our fortune this season............

Fulham COYW likes this.
  13. Fulham COYW

We're down but credit to the team for the fight they are showing. This season has been a case of "so nearly" Ah well.

I prefer this agony that a no relegation European Super league any day. Will be interesting to see what happens but it is a disappointing to see even more greed. Glad Fulham are nothing to do with it.

14. 2whitestripes

Very much my sentiments too.
    I'm a bit lost for words really, the team just needs to keep showing the fight and skills it has, they are in fact plentiful, unlike our good fortunes.

15. 2whitestripes

It's the Darkside today at 5pm, live on Sky.

We must win.

16. Fulham COYW

We gave it a good shot but wasn't to be. Pleased to see the team still playing and Parker not giving up hope.

17. 2whitestripes

It's Burnley at the Cottage at 8pm tonight, live on Sky.
    You will know the permutations come win, lose or draw, but it looks very much like delaying the inevitable to be fair.
    I've little else to say other than, I'm desperately trying to believe............
    Have a good evening all.

18. Fulham COYW

Started lively again. Can we score ? It's win or bust.

19. Fulham COYW

Well that's that.

20. Fabulous Fabio

Fabulous Fabio Well-Known Member

It wasn't to be this season, I suppose the one thing you can say is that we already have a ready made squad for the championship. Obviously none of our loan players will stay, but they will be replaced by our own returning, the likes of Betts, Knockaert, Kebano, Kamara. Have no idea what the future holds for the likes of Mitro, Anguissa, Tete, would they stay for the championship? Re Mitro, is it time for a change? For him and the club.

Maybe its just me, but I enjoy watching us in the championship a lot more than in the Premier League. A Championship season is always very enjoyable I feel, loads of ups and downs, every game is competitive. The Premier League, as much as we want to be there, our last few visits have just been massively draining, we just haven't been ready for it either time.

There will also no doubt be talk about Parkers future, I'm most definitely in the “parker in” camp. I think we've played some great stuff under him this season and last season, we definitely need to improve on our end product and creating/finishing of chances, but I think hes earned his chance to right the wrongs of this season.