1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Mars

Discussion in 'The Premier League' started by Libby, Feb 19, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. duggie2000

duggie2000 Well-Known Member

brb likes this.
  2. aberdude

aberdude Well-Known Member

Not really sure they did tbf..... the southwest tribes carry the story of being saved from a meteor shower by the reptilian race that lived underground, these they claim came from another star close to earth.

Anyways whatever, history is always being proved to be a bit of fake news on a grand scale

3. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Pictures coming in of first lizard to discover America...

please log in to view this image

Diego likes this.
  4. Edelman

Edelman Well-Known Member

Now here's a staggering statistic .
    If you put all of the world's water into cups , then times it by 10 you still wouldn't have the same amount of cups of water as stars in the universe, just the observable Universe <yikes>

BobbyD and brb like this.
  5. brb

brb CR250

I tend to follow a lot of space exploration stuff and it is of no surprise. Humans really don't realise how insignificant we are, the best way to explain it is imagine planet earth as a grain of sand, and even that wouldn't be small enough to explain how insignificant we are. We are part of something that is too big for our human brains contemplate. It's part reason I've struggled with the concept of global warming, because we are insignificant to the bigger picture, outside that of human life. If you think cattle now account for 100 million tonnes of CO2 but dinosaurs accounted for 500 million tonnes and increased global warming by 10 degrees, it starts to put things into perspective. Dinosaurs were supposedly destroyed by a meteorite, but would have eventually destroyed themselves, much like we will destroy ourselves, and the Earth will recover without human life and we will become but a grain of sand that will eventually be eroded from ever having existed. Like a Martian landscape becoming windswept of evidence of any previous existence.

duggie2000 likes this.
  6. Edelman

The earth has to be struck by a large meteorite at some point .
    That may well erase us from earth's footprint .
    Wether there are plans for human preservation with this in mind I don't know .

7. Sucky

Sucky peoples champ & forum saviour

Universe on bbc iplayer with brian cox, watched the 1st 2 last night, brilliant stuff, recommend it if you've not seen

Edelman and duggie2000 like this.
  8. brb

brb CR250

I would assume that is what human exploration is about, to ensure we live on as a species beyond the next inevitable threat to out existence, I've never assumed it's for any other reason. If we fail to do that, then any future life may never know we ever existed.

Sucky likes this.
  9. Edelman

When you watch some of these programmes and see the extraordinary events that brought about our existence I think more and more towards the theory that we. Are alone .
    I certainly don't think the vast distances between planets even if found can be breached .There's also the timeline of life existing elsewhere .
    It took well over 4 Billion years for any meaningful life to evolve here 4 .6 billion for us and we where almost an accident brought about by mass extinction .
    It's all rather mind twisting

brb likes this.
  10. Sucky

We'll eventually need to evolve ourselves with technology, especially if were talking space travel beyond our own solar system.

Like the borg in star trek kinda <laugh>

brb likes this.

11. brb

brb CR250

I don't believe we are alone in the true sense of the word, we maybe just alone in our explorable universe. So I do believe other life exists, I don't perceive that as human life, I don't have a thought to what I perceive it as, whether it be microscopic or life equal or more intelligent than us. If we are but a grain of sand, we can never know what is beyond our reach, and as I'm not a religious person, that perceives no boundaries.

duggie2000 likes this.
  12. brb

brb CR250

I think we will eventually, maybe, discover something within the universe itself that will allow us to transport beyond current boundaries, but maybe I've just watched too much star trek as a kid.

duggie2000, Edelman and Sucky like this.
  13. Edelman

Oh yeah I think there will be a form of life but not as we are .
    I suppose a planet populated only by. Some kind of alien insects and definitely microbe life will exist

brb likes this.
  14. Edelman

It would have to be within the milky way as the distances between galaxies us even more mind bending and increasing

brb likes this.
  15. Sucky

Nothings impossible, or perhaps we will be invited into some kind of space federation of more intelligent species once we hit a certain technological stage, perhaps that would explain the many instances of uap/ufo sightings near nuclear silos and messing with thier equipment & such.

Perhaps were on the cusp of this "space group" and they are watching to see what we do with such power.

I fully believe that we are not alone, not at all.

duggie2000 and brb like this.
  16. Sucky

You say that but it depends on how far you wanna go or how fsr you can go cyborg style.

Full transfer of your consciousness into a synthetic body. For example.

17. Edelman

What's Cyborg ?

18. Sucky

noun
    a fictional or hypothetical person whose physical abilities are extended beyond normal human limitations by mechanical elements built into the body.

brb likes this.
  19. brb

brb CR250

You been watching doctor who mate? :cheesy:

duggie2000, Sucky and Edelman like this.
  20. Sucky

Nah i dont watch tv mate lol, i do however watcg some mad youtube things about such things<laugh>

brb likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.