1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Marlon King

Discussion in 'The Championship' started by Boothferry2Wembley, Jan 25, 2011.

1. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Unfortunately, while we were singing it to him a while back(he was playing for Boro at the time), he went and scored.:emoticon-0120-doh:

2. thephatone

thephatone Member

When we won 4-1 at the ricoh this season "she said no marlon" was sang so many times he lost his rag and got himself sent off! The guy should never be allowed to be cheered or admired in any way. If he wants to know how the rest of the men in the country feel about him raping and hitting women Bring him to ashtongate put him in the eastend and let him try and fight his way out! Sorry to say it but Ray Ranson and coventry city should never have paid this perv a penny or given him a second chance. And before any one else mentions it i feel the same way about Lee Hughes too. Professional football is a highly paid highly respected career that my kids look upto, pervs and killers should never be cheered by anyone.

3. Norwayhornet

Norwayhornet Well-Known Member

You love us really Northolt! Thats why you keep visiting us! plus we like the new improved version of Northolt! proves responsibility does make people grow up<ok><laugh>

4. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

So Marlon is not really a popular guy then ? :)

5. yorkshirehornet

yorkshirehornet Well-Known Member

Hate to say it... but a great player.

6. DevAdvocate

DevAdvocate Gigging bassist

Is this your first attempt at wummery?

7. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

DevAd - great might be too strong - but he is very good certainly at Championship level - had we been able to keep him we would for sure have returned to the Prem at the first attempt - we missed his goals if not his personality

8. DevAdvocate

I honestly don't care about his footballing ability I just feel no club should employ him.

9. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

I am sure he is a rotten obnoxious bloke - however do you take the position that anyone who commits a crime and serves a punishment should then pay a further punishment? For me he has done time and like a thief or someone who committed GBH he starts again with a clean slate

10. DevAdvocate

Is he still protesting his innocence?

As far as I recall he intended to appeal the sentence so despite being guilty as sin he has shown absolutely no remorse whatsoever. Why should he be granted a "clean slate" when he refuses to take responsibility for his heinous actions?

It matters not a jot to me that he's a footballer, I would use the same argument for anyone as bad as him.

Before someone is forgiven for a crime he should apologise for it, he has not done so.

11. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

Look - we all agree he is a nasty knob - but how many criminals actually do admit their error - the object of a punishment is to close that particular chapter. If every criminal who fails to admit guilt were to be denied a job we would have even more on the dole.

I am really not defending King but just the principle that if you serve your sentence then you have "paid" for your crime

12. Elixir69

Elixir69 Member

The truth about Marlon is whilst he is on his game he is an effective player on the pitch.

However in the dressing room he is a "disruptive influence", that is an official quote from Alec Chamberlain. Alec's off the record comment cannot be used, but it started "he was a complete ****". He did a job for Watford, but he had to leave - any "if he had stayed" comment was never going to happen - he had to go.

Coventry know they are sitting on a ticking time bomb - it will go off.

13. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

Fair enough - you seem to have "inside" knowledge on him - still maintain though that once a punishment is served then it is served - you can't go through life paying for all your past mistakes

14. MFC_Lion

MFC_Lion Well-Known Member

As many have suggested a synonym for Marlon King is indeed **** <ok>

He may have 'paid' for his crime in the eyes of the law but I suspect many would think him getting a good kicking, preferably in the facial area, would be more fitting ;)

15. Norwayhornet

Norwayhornet Well-Known Member

I have a certain sympathy with that Lion!

16. DevAdvocate

If I could point out the injustice of a world where Neil Lennon has received the treatment he has and Marlon King is basically allowed to go about his daily life - with doubtless the odd insult in the street - with no ignorant scumbags threatening his life.

I would not wish what has happened to Lennon on Marlon King, I would not wish it on my worst enemy but is'nt life just downright unfair at times?

17. MFC_Lion

Rumour has it Marlon King is Neil Lennon in disguise <whistle>

18. DevAdvocate

If Neil Lennon could only don a Marlon King disguise his life would be a damn sight easier.

19. mjw6150

mjw6150 Member

He made a mistake, did his time. Should we ignore everyone who has ever made a mistake? This is sheer hypocrisy my friend :)

20. MFC_Lion

Yes we all make mistakes, myself included. One of my mistakes however didn't involve my fist connecting with the face of a 5ft women!

It's not the 1st time he's been convicted for violence either so why would you give this scumbag any kind of defense?