1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Manager Rumours

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by devonqprboy, Nov 9, 2015.

1. Quality Passing Rules

Quality Passing Rules Well-Known Member

That would be nice.

2. Quality Passing Rules

Quality Passing Rules Well-Known Member

Cool. :emoticon-0148-yes:

3. seahoop

seahoop Well-Known Member

4. Sutfol

Sutfol Well-Known Member

If he is appointed I will wholeheartedly back him and hope for the best

5. Tonythomas123

Tonythomas123 Active Member

If JFH takes charge it is another gamble. But we never know if might come good. The one thing that we should make happen is KEEP NW in a role where he can work with the new manager and the players.

NW lives and breaths football , he knows howto get the best out of players , man management one of the best, the players like him the fans want him , this time the club has to get it right , only TF knows the answer , so i dont hold much hope with that thought and with LF as DoF that is another complication. I for one will be so frustrated/angry if we dont keep NW we need him more than ever if a new man comes in , even just for the remainder ofthis season. TF the club is in your hands, surprise us in a positive way

seahoop likes this.
  6. Didley Squat

Didley Squat Well-Known Member

LF is the reason we're not getting a quality, experienced manager, hence the reason why Warnock isn't up for it.
    It's going to be JFK .... sorry, JFH everyday of the week.

7. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

I will be very disappointed if Neil is not manager, and unfortunately and more importantly I think the team will feel the same.
    JFH is at least a better bet than Powell.

He will of course have my total support...but at this precise moment in time....I think the board have got it wrong again

ELLERS and Sudbury Hoop like this.
  8. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

SSN just said we have made an official approach to talk to JFH and that we expect to announce a new manager by the weekend.

9. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

So you don't think he might not be up for it because he is old, experienced enough to know how it will end, and above all because his wife apparently has cancer and she is at his home, a place he loves, which in UK terms is about as far away from LR as you can get?

10. Frome-Ranger

Frome-Ranger Well-Known Member

Getting sick of this anti LF ****e, stop pretending you know exactly what his role is, none of us do. And warnock is up for it, he is a well versed bullshitter when it comes to interviews and whilst I want him to stay on he knows exactly how to manipulate press and fan feeling in his favour.

11. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

agree with this.

12. Didley Squat

No, nothing to do with age or ability, nor did l know his wife had cancer. If that's the case, Neil will no doubt want to give as much time and support to her.
    No, my point was / is, having a DoF, I don't see Neil fitting the clubs requirements, bit like Pearson really. I think LF would fill threatened.
    Me, I would love to have him permanently.

QPR Oslo likes this.
  13. Didley Squat

Sorry Frome Ranger ......... not looking to peev you or anyone off, I just don't see what good LF is doing for the club. I wish I could.
    I think he is holding the club back from the direction I think it should be going, that's all.
    Again, sorry to harping on it.

14. Sutfol

Sutfol Well-Known Member

I think it would be fair for LF to explain his role - no one knows what he actually does. DOF has to be the sweetest job in football - they don't seem to be accountable for anything

GoldhawkRoad and Didley Squat like this.
  15. EscapeGoat

EscapeGoat Well-Known Member

I think it's important we get perspective on our more pressing long term issues.
    We were all upset with results and performances because we're understandably impatient, and we've put up with a lot of dross for quite some time.

Neil Warnock is not the long term solution, and whilst I'm very much in the camp of giving him the job until the end of the season, I understand the board looking for a younger man with some longevity.
    We don't know the full extent of Warnock's off field issues, and I'm sure we all wish him well in that regard. Would love the club to find a role for him which I'm sure he'd be happy with.

It looks likely to be Hasselbaink, and whilst I'm not overly happy about a Chelsea man coming in to the club, he'll have my full support and I'm looking forward to seeing how he sets the team up.

KooPeeArr and Didley Squat like this.
  16. BlindFaith

BlindFaith Well-Known Member

Have to agree unfortunately, would love to be able to say he's doing a great job but so far his contribution appears to include:
    • Instigating or contributing to the downfall of HR at a time when should have been working to strengthening the team to fight relegation.
    • Installing CR as manager who clearly wasn't up to the job & failed the chance he was given when temp manager.
    • Not recommending more experienced/suitable managers who would have been available.
    • Clearing out too many players included 1 or 2 who would have been assets this season whilst potentially not selling 1 or 2 others who could have brought fees which could have been spent further strengthening.
    • Questionable transfer dealings during the summer with bringing in a number who aren't really Championship level let alone future Prem players + not bring in defenders until very late so pre-season was wasted (again).
    • Putting a shortlist of pretty poor replacements (hopefully will somehow come good) even though again more experienced/suitable managers are available (including one currently in temp charge).

I'll still be supporting whoever comes in but potentially having 3 different managers during the season is no recipe for any success at the club.

Didley Squat and Peter Damage like this.
  17. Shawswood

Shawswood Well-Known Member

Just putting the finishing touches to my Hasselhoff out placard

Hoopington likes this.
  18. loomo

loomo Active Member

I cant find any odds for next QPR manager. I can get Yeovil or Chesterfield even Walsall but not us.. must be a done deal

19. Queens Park Stranger

Queens Park Stranger Well-Known Member

20. NorwayRanger

NorwayRanger Well-Known Member

QPR open talks with Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink

please log in to view this image

Queens Park Rangers have opened talks with Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink about the Burton manager becoming their new boss.

The Championship club made an official approach to Burton for the 43-year-old ex-Leeds and Chelsea striker and are now in negotiations.

Neil Warnock has been in interim charge at Loftus Road since Chris Ramsey was sacked on 4 November.

Hasselbaink won League Two with Burton last season and the Brewers are two points clear at the top of League One.

QPR are attempting to secure an immediate return to the Premier League following relegation last season, but are currently 12th in the Championship table, five points off the play-off places.

Former boss Warnock was in an advisory role to Ramsey before the latter's dismissal, and the west London club have taken four points from three games since the 67-year-old took over.

Hasselbaink, a former Netherlands international, was appointed by Burton in November 2014 after Gary Rowett left the Pirelli Stadium for Birmingham City.

The Dutchman, who also had playing spells in Britain with Middlesbrough, Charlton and Cardiff, has won 33 of his 54 games in charge of the Brewers.

He was previously manager of Belgian side Royal Antwerp and also spent time on the coaching staff at Nottingham Forest before joining Albion.

Asked about speculation that he may leave Burton after Tuesday's 2-1 win over Millwall, which took them to the top of League One, Hasselbaink told BBC Radio Derby: "They can speculate, but I can't stop people doing that or control that.

"The only thing I can do is make my players work as hard as possible and work with them.

"I make sure I give them everything I have got and they give everything they have got for this club. That is what we will keep on doing."

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/34983225