1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Manager Rumours

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by devonqprboy, Nov 9, 2015.

1. devonqprboy

devonqprboy Well-Known Member

There are now or about to be several managers looking for employment. Here are who I see are the main contenders.

Neil Warnock - not a lot to say but does he really want a long commute from Cornwall each day.

Ian Holloway - strong QPR connections but does he really have the calibre to take the club where it wants to be.

There is an old adage in football concerning managers that applies to both Warnock and Holloway, never return to a club for a second spell in charge.

Shaun Derry - another one with strong QPR connections. Started well at Notts County before it turned sour. Inexperienced.

Brendon Rodgers - very capable but would he be prepared to drop into the Championship. May bide his time for a Premiership job to become available.

Tim Sherwood - did well at Spurs but it was hard not to. His inexperience showed at Villa, lots of bad buys who have failed to deliver (sound familiar?).

David Moyes - same as Brendon Rodgers

Gary Monk - a good young manager and progressed Swansea very well but things have turned sour and looks to be on the brink.

Kyt Symons - done nothing to inspire

Jimmy Floyd Hasslebank. - Ambitious young manager and not technically on the market but is doing well at Burton and there are rumours we are interested (so are Fulham)

My choice I think would be JFH.

2. Sutfol

Sutfol Well-Known Member

Nigel Pearson?

3. devonqprboy

devonqprboy Well-Known Member

I forgot about Pearson, yes a possibility as long as he doesn't bring his son.

4. Rodney

Rodney Well-Known Member

Warburton? But why would he leave a big club (albeit in a "small" league) to join QPR?

5. Didley Squat

Didley Squat Well-Known Member

B
    Based in that, my first choice would be 'Bartender, give me something on the rocks, please'.
    Second choice be, ' another round while you still have the bottle in hand'
    Third choice, Pearson ...... To kick some butt at the club but as mention previously, with a DoF, he won't come. I trust we'll get another inexperienced youngster.

6. Ciarrai_Abu

Ciarrai_Abu Well-Known Member

If not Warnock, then definitely Pearson. Might be exactly what we need.

Jimbo ranger likes this.
  7. KentGaz

KentGaz Well-Known Member

Apparently us and Foolham are in a fight for Pearson but Moyes may be interested in joining us.

Didley Squat likes this.
  8. Hoopington

Hoopington Active Member

I'd take Moyes
    Didn't Pearson fall out with Hoos at Leicester?

9. Rangers Til I Die

Rangers Til I Die Well-Known Member

Why not keep Warnock until the nailed on, rock solid 'right man' becomes available?
    Saturday's team performance was unrecognisable from what we saw from teams that CR was putting out.
    What's the rush? Warnock more than capable of top six, assuming (and it is an assumption) that top two too much for us.

Didley Squat and Jimbo ranger like this.
  10. Hoopington

Hoopington Active Member

Warnock has said he doesn't want it, hasn't he?

11. GoldhawkRoad

GoldhawkRoad Well-Known Member

Not convincingly. He said taking it permanently would mean putting Sharon and the kids to the trouble of having to relocate back here from the West Country...

...he's also said coming back to QPR was better than going fishing. Now he's getting his teeth back into the role, I think he'd take it in a nano-second if it was offered (and take the flack from Sharon...)

12. TootingExcess

TootingExcess Well-Known Member

What about that bald bloke from Reading - Ellers would love that!

13. Ciarrai_Abu

Ciarrai_Abu Well-Known Member

Why the hell would Moyes be interested in joining us?

14. KentGaz

KentGaz Well-Known Member

I don't know, it's just a rumour I heard

15. QPAAAAAGH

QPAAAAAGH Well-Known Member

Warnock has all the credentials, gets teams playing decent football and is already at the club. The only reason to look anywhere else is if a) he doesn't want the job (and there really is a tooth fairy) or b) the club really are finally looking to the long term (and there really is a Santa Claus).

kiwiqpr likes this.
  16. kingdom hoop

kingdom hoop Active Member

Because he'll soon be redundant

17. seagullhoop

seagullhoop Well-Known Member

Not sure Alex Ferguson would be able to manage us at the moment. I fear that JFH is a terribly risky choice, and is he really that different from Chris Ramsay in the experience stakes - what guarantees are the that he would do any better? Just a quick look at the league 1 table shows an interesting statistic - out of the top 4 clubs goal differences Burton's is +3, the others are +14, +13 and +12 respectively - and they are yet to score more than 2 in a game.

I just wonder if it would be a case of out of the frying pan - for me Fulham can have him.

I think we as fans (including myself) have been wildly overestimating the potential of this squad and management structure. The owners (via TF) are guilty of whipping the fans into a frenzy of expectation by suggesting we are capable of promotion on the basis of keeping players who had almost certainly mentally left the building. None of these players appear to be playing to their potential and it wouldn't surprise me if they are simply looking to keep their heads down and avoid injury till January when they scoot off to greener fields. Charlie isn't fitting in to the squad because he gets no service, and our wide options appear non-existent unless you count Traore.

I just can't see how a manager will change any of this - for all of Chris Ramsay's faults, we were 12th... mid-table, which was the plan at the beginning of the season. As far as I'm concerned he was doing his job in pretty awful circumstances - appointments made above him, constant media speculation not addressed by the club, unpleasant and in some cases appalling abuse on twitter and at matches (by alleged fans) - it's a shambles... and as usual it's going be be an expensive one in payoffs, new manager/backroom team, January transfer window etc. etc.

Feeling very flat about all this.

18. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

So this afternoons gossip

Brendan Rogers (or look alike seen on a tube in London , Express I think)....are out of work Prem managers that short of cash to travel on tubes??

Pearson odds cut to evens at the Bookies (Hammersmith Junior...any truth?)

Fulham and QPR battle it out for JFH...(Standard)

Only good thing is that the name "Tim nice but Dim"... does not appear (or is that the worst possible sceanario, and it is all going on in the background......................oh the horror)

19. Sutfol

Sutfol Well-Known Member

Moyes now fully available

20. seagullhoop

seagullhoop Well-Known Member

Is there anything for him in the PL? Swansea or Newcastle are possible destinations at the moment.