1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Luton Town - Away

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by BrizzleBluebird, Jan 30, 2023.

1. BrizzleBluebird

BrizzleBluebird Well-Known Member

Fug me.... You lot string 2 results together and suddenly we're getting a little cocky aren't we???

Though I suppose you lot think you're going to make the playoffs again now and Nige is the best manager since Gary Johnson eh??

clingo likes this.
  2. clingo

clingo Well-Known Member

Another comment - same sh1te <laugh><laugh><laugh>

3. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

Same wurzel WUM.

BrizzleBluebird and clingo like this.
  4. clingo

clingo Well-Known Member

Won't take anything away from Luton as they won but my goodness they were nothing. Yet there they are in the playoff places. Shows how poor the Championship is this season with just the top two looking slightly above average.
    There we go, I don't think many of us expected a win tonight but the manner of the loss was a bit hard to take. Let's hope the management team can make the necessary tweaks.

5. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

Just got in after our fishing club AGM. Doesn't seem that I missed much.

6. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

Just another impotent display with some particularly woeful displays - Sawyers, Ralls, Simpson & Harris take a bow - and another solitary goal defeat.

BrizzleBluebird likes this.
  7. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

You didn't.

McGuinness easly man of the match only because there was no competition from the rest of them out there.

The whole thing is a complete mess and needs sorting especially in midfield - we've got no quality on the ball at all.

ccfcremotesupport likes this.
  8. BrizzleBluebird

BrizzleBluebird Well-Known Member

Yet another very frustrating evening... in all honesty I don't think we deserved anything from the game on the balance of play.

First half was ok and pretty even in truth. Second half was just dire and we looked like rabbits in headlights for far too long.

I think Sabri has summed it up perfectly here:

Cardiff boss Sabri Lamouchi said:

"We tried to put one plan. We didn't start very, very well, I saw the team losing a lot of simple things - control, passes, duels as well in the beginning, and even at the end.
    "I don't know if we deserved even this result because the team (fought) right until the end, but in the small details we were not there.
    "I don't want to say we controlled Luton, but we disturbed Luton.
    "Unfortunately, offensively we didn't believe we can do better, so step by step, we will try to do it."

Very much a case of re-instilling confidence and composure as quickly as possible. I can't remember who said it (was it Nin??) but we're not getting battered by anyone and it always seems to be 1 goal, fine margins, bit of poor luck, or just the odd bit of poor decision making that is costing us more often than not.

My glass feels a little half empty this morning but I'm hopeful that we can turn it around... I just hope that Sabri has learnt very quickly that Simpson is not a left back... :emoticon-0145-shake

BluefromBridgend likes this.
  9. BluefromBridgend

Very true Sparks but where will we find that with the current squad? Colwill has ability but seems unable to impose himself on whoever is managing us and not on the opposition in the limited time he gets.

Could be a risk but he needs to start a few games in his favoured position and give him a chance to develop his game.

10. BluefromBridgend

We could suffer from not signing a left back. Bagan and O'Dowda being our only real options unless Ng plays on his wrong side. Got to be better than Simpson.

That can only happen once Alfa is fit again as Sang and Campbell are not up to it.

BrizzleBluebird likes this.