1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

LOVELL SACKED

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by Gills_Steve, Apr 26, 2019.

1. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

grumpygit - what we DO know is ---- the identity of the common denominator in ALL of the shambles at GFC over the last quarter of a century !
    (( smoke - fire etc ))

2. The Gills PegLeg

The Gills PegLeg Up yer Harris

There are probably a number of variables to what happened. The only facts we have is that he had done the press conference for the Charlton game on Thursday, took training on Friday and only then had the meeting with the chairman on Friday afternoon. From there the club then submitted two contradictory statements. On Friday the statement stating that Lovell had been relieved of his duties and then on Saturday morning claiming that the decision was not of the club's choosing.

So they may have fallen out over the budgets for next season, being told that he would play second fiddle to someone else, being told he would be moved on at the end of the season or something else entirely. None of the players have taken to social media at all to wish him well or comment that they should have done more, unlike when JED was sacked so maybe something else happened behind closed doors?

Until Mr Scally does an interview at some point confirming exactly what happened, I guess we never will know for sure unless Lovell becomes very bitter about the whole thing and speaks to a paper which for me, is unlikely.

Last edited: May 1, 2019
  3. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

I shall believe every word that Mr.Scally tells me...................... I sometimes tell lies -- but I'm not on my own !
    The two contradictory statements is just another example of the appalling communication skills at GFC - speak before thinking - I find it difficult to believe anything that is generated by Mr.Scally - and what saddens me is that the real damage is to the Club - and never to Mr.Teflon.

The Gills PegLeg likes this.
  4. Resurgam

Resurgam Top Analyst
    Staff Member

brb? <whistle>