1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Loan Watch

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by Wandering Yid, Feb 13, 2013.

1. The Huddlefro

The Huddlefro Well-Known Member

2. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

He hasn't been getting enough time on the pitch. Scored a couple for the U21s against Everton the other day, though.
    Not sure if a loan elsewhere or even a permanent move is on the cards. MLS, maybe?

3. PleaseNotPoll

Forum Moderator

Holtby still thinking of Spurs:
    please log in to view this image

Flashback evening to remember the nice Moments at the lane! Love to our Spurs Fans and of course our SV Fans!!
    Coys/nur der HSV :))))))))

Don't think that he's going to come back, but it's nice to know that he remembers the club fondly.
    Van der Vaart's out of contract in the summer and it looks like he's heading to the MLS.

SpursDisciple likes this.
  4. SpursDisciple

SpursDisciple Booking: Mod abuse - overturned on appeal
    Forum Moderator

I really don't understand why he's (Holtby) is not favoured by Poch. You'd think he was exactly his type of player.

Seeing Rafa just makes me sad.Such a good player when fit.

5. Spurm

Spurm Well-Known Member

I hope Rafa is teaching Holtby some tricks. Rafa's guile with Holtby's enthusiasm could be quite a player

6. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

The issue was that we didn't have a non-HG spot in the squad for him, so the options were to loan him out so he'd get games or to have him stagnate in our reserves/only play COC and Europa League games.

In retrospect it would have been a much better idea to move on one of Adebayor or Kaboul so that Holtby could stay as an understudy to Eriksen, but if we're going to play the retrospect game then we may as well argue that Falque should've stayed as his record this season is six goals and three assists in nineteen appearances for Genoa.

7. The Huddlefro

I think there is a strong possibility that we couldn't rather than wouldn't offload players like Paulinho (Kabs and Ade should be off in the Summer but Pochettino did seem keen enough on them at the start to make them official leaders in the squad) for acceptable prices/loan terms whereas Holtby was a bit more desirable and thus was easier to loan out.

8. SpursDisciple

SpursDisciple Booking: Mod abuse - overturned on appeal
    Forum Moderator

I get that, but it was apparently a loan with option to buy. If it was just for a year, then so be it.

9. PleaseNotPoll

Forum Moderator

Mark Warburton has really been talking up Alex Pritchard, who he's currently managing at Brentford.
    I doubt he'd be quite so keen to point out that we should keep him, if he wasn't leaving at the end of the season.
    He is a Spurs fan though, which might go some way to explain his side's style of attacking football.

"He can dominate a football. Alex is at his best with the ball at his feet.
    "He sees a pass. He's the best player I've seen in this division, certainly, to receive the ball on the half-turn at pace.
    "Left or right side, he has the ability to take it on the half-turn and for us, how we play, that hurts the opposition.
    "Technically he's outstanding. For me, Pritch is nailed on Premier League. I'd never be disrespectful enough to speak about what Spurs should do or could do with him.
    "But in my opinion – and I'm a Spurs fan, by the way – I think he is more than good enough to go and positively impact their playing squad."

I wholeheartedly agree with him, from what I've seen of the lad. Looks to be quite a Pochettino player, too.
    Bright, energetic, good on the ball, two-footed, dangerous on set-pieces and versatile.
    Hope he's given the chance to step up. If we make the Europa again, then he could learn a lot from playing in it regularly and challenge for a place.

10. PleaseNotPoll

Forum Moderator

Grant Ward has joined Coventry City until the end of the season.
    He goes straight into their squad for their game against Chesterfield tomorrow.
    Shaquille Coulthirst has joined York City and is available to play against Carlisle.

11. PleaseNotPoll

Forum Moderator

Bongani Khumalo has joined Colchester on loan for the rest of the season.
    They're in deep relegation trouble in League One, so he's got his work cut out.

12. PleaseNotPoll

Forum Moderator

Khumalo made his debut for Colchester in their bottom of the table clash against Yeovil Town last night.
    He played a full 90 minutes as they won 2-0 and drew praise from his manager for his composure and leadership.
    Can we have him back?

Grant Ward completed his second full game for Coventry and chalked up his second win with them.
    They nicked a couple of late goals to earn a surprise victory over Fleetwood at Highbury.

Brentford won again, but Pritchard didn't manage any goals or assists and was subbed off near the end, prior to a late winner.
    Still hanging in there for a play-off place.

13. The Huddlefro

Alli is fit for MK Dons and is straight back into the starting XI away to Swindon today. Apparently he came to us for treatment.

14. The Huddlefro

Alli played the whole match and the Dons won 3-0 away. Hopefully he has a strong end to his season, good to see him make a winning return.

15. The Huddlefro

Pritch played 90 mins and claimed an assist as Brentford came back late on from 2-0 down to draw at home against Forest.

16. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

Brentford seem to appreciate Pritch's contributions this season

...even though Brentford fan Greg Dyke says loaning players to lower division clubs will stunt their development.

17. PleaseNotPoll

Forum Moderator

Greg Dyke's an idiot. How many of the current England squad didn't either go out on loan to the lower leagues or start there?
    I'll save people a lot of time and tell you. 2: Wayne Rooney and Raheem Sterling.
    Adding the most recent 26 players who've been called up to the squad only gives you another 2: Steven Gerrard and Jon Flanagan.
    That's less than 10% of the total in both instances.

Ludicrous, baseless assertion.

18. The Huddlefro

Loan moves help when they're used in the right way, having a club monopolise young talent and have umpteen loanees out playing at other clubs is not good at all, loaning a few players out to give them experience of League football when they're ready for the step up from the U21 leagues but not quite ready for the 1st team is commendable. But its easier for the FA to make sweeping statements than it is for them to single out clubs who abuse the system.

19. PleaseNotPoll

Forum Moderator

Khumalo joined Colchester when they were on a run of four defeats, having lost 7 in 9.
    They've played four games since, winning 3 and drawing 1.
    He'll face Grant Ward's Coventry side on the weekend, who've also done well since taking on one of our loanees.
    Big relegation battle.

20. No Kane No Gain

No Kane No Gain Well-Known Member

Brentford have been really good in the first half against Derby with Pritchard scoring the opener and playing a key role in most of their attacks.

He's got to be in our squad next season.