1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

loan players

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by old timer, Jan 9, 2019.

1. old timer

old timer Well-Known Member

Joe Martin has returned to Stevenage and Sam Slocombe is back at the Rovers. There were rumours that Smith was wanted by several clubs on loan so at least we have a GK on the bench if he goes out on loan

2. Gastronomic

Gastronomic Well-Known Member

Mo Eisa and Leanardo Da Silva are on the radar for loan deals apparently. Bu that doesn't mean we'll get either of them.

3. Delsy

Delsy Active Member

Would be good to get a loaner in, if anything just to 'freshen things up' a bit, perhaps one of these young lads from a top prem' team and with GC now at the helm we might even play him !

4. old timer

Gastro are you serious about Da Silva, he only joined Wigan in the Summer for about £11Million would have thought he would have gone back to Peterborough would be a quality signing

5. Sapphire

Sapphire Well-Known Member

IMO we would benefit from a target man up front.
    It's interesting that DC went for Bakayoko and lost him to Coventry at the last minute.
    The late comers were probably low on the priority list.
    This was the season where DC's luck ran out.
    UWE, Training ground all went pear shaped.
    To cap it he signed a left sided player pretty much Day One in the window who remained on the injury list for the remainder of DC's reign. Not just that but this player becomes available to GC for his first League game and looks to be a good addition.

6. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Dont need Martin now that Tareiq is fit. Slocombe cant go back out on loan as cant play for more than 2 teams in a season. So either Smith has to go or Bonham goes back to Brentford. Otherwise we will have 4 keepers at the club! Hopefully its Smith who goes.

Before DC went, we looked like we were in need of a few changes as players were not performing. But recent results shows that we are actually doing ok. Players confidence and form is picking up and all of a sudden, the thought of new players could now disrupt the good run we are on. I rather now see us use what we have in the full squad as we have a big squad available.

We have 4 GK's: Bonham, Smith, Slocombe and Andre

We have 3 players who can play RB: Leadbitter, Partington and J.Clarke

We have 3 players who can play LB.: Tareiq, Kelly and Craig

We have 6 players who can play CB: Lockyer, Craig, J.Clarke, Broadbent, Menayese and Kilgour

We have 12 players who can play in Midfield including out wide: Lines, Sercombe, Upson, O.Clarke, Sinclair, Bennett, Matthews, Tareiq, Rodman, Russe, Hargreaves and Baghdadi

We have 6 players who can play CF: Jakubiak, Reilly, Nichols, Payne, Bennett and Rodman

Each position is filled and has cover for it and even extra cover for it.

Our weakest link is our forwards and this should be where our attention should be focused in this window. As you can see, we have a big squad with enough cover. We have been told players need to go to get players in. We can let Smith, Menayese and Nichols go out on loan without that actually hurting us at all. Then bring in a striker who can play with Jaks and score goals too. 3 players out and thats enough wage allowance gone to bring in a good striker, either on a permanent deal or loan.

7. Gastronomic

It was there in black and white on Twitter, and the Posh fans were saying he was rubbish. He's probably carrying an injury if they're sending him out on loan. Seems unlikely...no idea where these rumours come from.

8. Gastronomic

This is the tweet

9. Delsy

Delsy Active Member

Kind of draws a similie with another team up towards the North West Eh ?

Captain Jack Sparrow likes this.
  10. smhbcfc

smhbcfc Well-Known Member

I could see Eisa happening.

11. Delsy

Delsy Active Member

Might need another full back now as it is reported that the happy hammers are sniffing around Kelly.

12. old timer

Delsy You beat me to the post about Kelly, apparently he is out of contract in the summer, saw the info on the BBC sports transfer rumours last night

Just looked on the WHU FC web page no mention of anything there

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
  13. Gastronomic

Would be a shame if we lost Kelly to The Hammers, because he probably won't get many games for them. They've obviously seen something I haven't!

14. old timer

Having seen Kelly a number of times for the Development squad and the first team I think he will become a very good player hopefully for us. On what was BBC teletext it states that WHU have opened talk with Bristol Rovers. I suppose that will give GC 50p to spend on a new LB and for the fourth window in succession we will have lost a very good player for not a lot

15. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Not just West Ham. Apparently Millwall and Palace are sniffing around for his signature.

16. Gastronomic

Interesting how he's on the radar so soon. Has he been MoM yet?

17. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Don't think so but I guess its because he is young, English and playing a lot of first team football. They probably see him as someone who can help fill their home grown quotas and someone who is gaining a lot of experience and they see him young enough to nurture and improve and worse case scenario for them is they make a profit and sell him. He apparently has 6 months left on his contract. If we offer him a new deal and he turns us down, whoever signs him will have to pay us compo.

18. old timer

CJS Kelly is Scottish will that make a difference to being homegrown thought he had to be here for 3 years before being classed as homegrown

19. Delsy

Delsy Active Member

I've seen him play a couple of times, a few flashes of potential I suppose but nothing that I have seen to excite one too much, I think if one of the top clubs does come calling for him then they might be taking a little bit of a gamble.
    Having said that though, who would of thought that Tanner would of made the mark at Liverpool ?..........................Whooooosh !

20. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Homegrown is British, so Scotland is included for now, until they get their wish and leave the UK <ok>
    Hasn't Kelly been with Rovers for 3 years? I don't know. I presumed he had through the youth levels?