1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread LIVERPOOL V TOTTENHAM

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by LuisDiazgamechanger, Apr 27, 2023.

1. LuisDiazgamechanger

Liverpool at home to Tottenham on 30 April 2023. Tottenham playing Manchester United tonight. Tottenham beaten Manchester United can be a good thing.

Game: Liverpool v Tottenham
    Venue: Anfield
    Date; 30 April
    Time; 16:30

REFEREE:pPAUL TIERNEY

please log in to view this image

Match officials in full:

• Assistants: Richard West, Matthew Wilkes.
    • Fourth official: John Brooks.
    • VAR: David Coote.
    • Assistant VAR: Wade Smith.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2023
    Solid_Air 2 likes this.
  2. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

So Spurs will go and get revenge for being **** Vs the Mancs then go back to being **** Vs us. All sounds plausible to me.

3. moreinjuredthanowen

it's almost assured the ref will try give a pen to Spurs. any issue and the karma of being on the right side of a call yesterday will be rebalanced.

that's refs for you.

I think we really want spurs to just go away now and don't bother. last thing we need is them losing badly to **** utd.

4. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

We'll ****ing smash'em :emoticon-0165-muscl

luvgonzo likes this.
  5. moreinjuredthanowen

When someone gets absolutely thumped and changes caretaker for another caretaker there really is little no no value in looking at past line ups.

Spurs play utd at home tonight and that I think will determine thier line up for the game sunday. I doubt they have the capacity to change the line up all that much really so its Going to be the usual 3 up top

Hopefully they are shagged out before they play us.

6. M!LK

M!LK Well-Known Member

Please still be crap Spurs.:emoticon-0172-mooni

7. Gerrardsitchyear

Gerrardsitchyear Well-Known Member

Whether they'll be crap or not, they'll still always be Spursy.

M!LK likes this.
  8. moreinjuredthanowen

remember guys, we only scored v Leeds off a handball. we had clear pen against waved away v west ham.

we are due a slobbery penalty. if I were alisson I'd dive the wrong way as no keeper should have to touch a ball after kane leans over it to place it.

9. saintKlopp

He could just boot the nasty slobbery thing.

And the ball.

10. LuisDiazgamechanger

For once or twice VAR is in our favour.

11. moreinjuredthanowen

Klopp press conference:

"We wanted to give the boys some chance to find some rhythm. The ticket into this team is the readiness to defend and counter-press. I liked a lot of what I saw, so I have to give credit."

the ticket into the side is readiness to defend (bother yourself to get back in) and counter press.

If people want to know why elliott, nunez and thaigo are sat on a bench klopp has given his reasons.

Jones and Henderson are in the chase about and close down. Klopp would rather a cheap foul up there than be waltzed past and then see you not get back.

12. LuisDiazgamechanger

Tottenham are going to be up for this one goal is not going to win it. We need to score two or three.

13. InBiscanWeTrust

InBiscanWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

Yeah I do like Nunez, just causes chaos but just needs to work tactically if going to play that wide left role. Would give him a bit more leeway if he was banging in the goals but not doing the pressing but just not quite clicked in front of goal yet.

Hopefully next year with season under his belt and a pre season and more settled team and tactics (we changed formation a lot this season so hard to get rhythm) he’ll pick things up. Have to remember his English isn’t brilliant so getting ideas across is harder as well - similar with diaz.

14. THE FOOL

THE FOOL Well-Known Member

You've read alot into a simple statement there lad.

15. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

He only scored 14 in his first season at Benfica, he got 34 in the second #settled

InBiscanWeTrust likes this.
  16. LuisDiazgamechanger

17. LuisDiazgamechanger

CHRIS SUTTON'S PREDICTION.

Liverpool v Tottenham (16:30)
    In some ways, Liverpool's approach will suit Tottenham because Jurgen Klopp's side will dominate the ball and Trent Alexander-Arnold will leave gaps behind him when he goes into the centre of midfield, as he does in his new inverted role.

Spurs showed a bit of character to fight back for a draw against Manchester United but I really can't back them to get anything here because they have been so disappointing all season.

Liverpool are on a roll with three successive wins and they still want a top-four spot.

To have any chance of that, the Reds need to win every game they have left - and even that probably won't be enough.

Chris Sutton's prediction: 3-1

Blanco's prediction: I just don't understand why Tottenham always beat us? How does that happen? I think they just treat it like a cup final when they play us - they have never won anything, so they just go for it! Liverpool always seem to beat them at Anfield though. 3-1

SKY SPORTS HAS GONE FOR 3:2
    Liverpool, who are on a three-match winning streak, are still not entirely getting the balance right between defence and their midfield and are offering up space on the counter-attack. West Ham's Jarrod Bowen almost exploited this on Wednesday but his goal was chalked off for a very tight offside call.

Spurs are very happy to play against such defences with quick, direct attacks suiting their forward players, like Son.

You can rest assured Son will be testing the Liverpool offside trap on regular occasions. In his last eight appearances against the Reds and Manchester City - two teams that play a high line - he has managed to break it and score six times, including scoring the first goal in the 1-1 draw at Anfield last season. That is a very healthy strike-rate against two of the best defences in Europe. He can add to his record at a juicy price.

SCORE PREDICTION: 3-2

Last edited: Apr 28, 2023
  18. moreinjuredthanowen

read what I wanted I to it?

the fact is he's been specific in who's got a game at the outset and has always said jota is a pressing machine.

he's calling Jones safe on the ball. as in windy light.

dance in it, turn around 3 times and back pass.

I find it interesting that the busy Elliott is not in but Jones is given the fact that ive commented Elliott doesn't actually get near or stop people playing through and get vilified for it.

19. THE FOOL

THE FOOL Well-Known Member

Again you've made a few throw away sentences do an awful lot of work.

20. moreinjuredthanowen

it'll be interesting to see who klopp turns to for first subs for rest of season

he's gone from nunez to diaz as first one on and thiago in midfield