1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Leeds Utd v Millwall Match thread

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Sep 13, 2017.

?

SCORELINE: Millwall v Leeds Utd

Poll closed Sep 16, 2017.
  1. 0-0

6.5%
  2. 1-1

9.7%
  3. 2-2 or higher

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Wall by 1

6.5%
  5. Leeds by 1

16.1%
  6. Wall by 2 or more

9.7%
  7. Leeds by 2

29.0%
  8. Leeds by 3

16.1%
  9. Leeds by 4

9.7%
  10. Leeds by 5 or more

25.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

please log in to view this image

Millwall v Leeds Utd
    Saturday 16th September [email protected]
    Streaming links to follow

Top of the table Leeds, hang on.... let me repeat that; TOP OF THE TABLE LEEDS (that's better) travel down to Bermondsey (where the streets are paved with crap) on Saturday to face Neil Harris' Millwall!

The Wall, by their standards have had a steady start to the season gaining a credible 2-2 draw at Loftus Rd last night, losing by a single to to Wolves who are many people's favourites to go up and thumping Norwich 4-0 the week before, but will they be able to handle the division's pacesetters?

Leeds Captain Liam Cooper who picked up a knock in their 2-0 win over Brum will be fit to play, though Christiansen has a dilemma what he wants to do with Pennington and Berardi available again, having recovered from their respective injuries.

We tried to grab a word with Millwall Steve, but he wasn't in, but peering through his letterbox, look at his hallway!!!

I'm sure we all have a lot to say on this matter, so, over to you...

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
  2. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Unlimitless votes for all.....

3. Josh-LUFC

Josh-LUFC Well-Known Member

I think we should try freshen the team up a little (not too much). I'd personally choose to rest Hernandez and Lasogga could be a surprise rest as well. Maybe Roofe comes back in upfront and we go Dallas out wide instead of Hernandez (or maybe we wanna give Cibiki his first start against a pub team to build his confidence?)

I know that could be considered tinkering but I think its important to keep everyone fresh and involved. Especially as we have the Burnley game on the tuesday (which is when I expect Pennington and Berardi to feature next).

FORZA LEEDS likes this.
  4. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Morning all. Lovely feeling top of the table. By all accounts team looked tired so maybe Tommy should rest all of the players from last night and send the b team to Wally land. We’d still be plenty strong to win. The lads would be nice and fresh for the Burnley job

FORZA LEEDS likes this.
  5. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Lassoga will have loved being that fooked after last nights game, his body needed it as he aint played much before getting here. Im hoping his wife gives birth today so he can recover in Germany before flying back & starting in Bermondsey.

Cibicki can come in fresh, so too can Dallas. I would also start Pennington & CBJ with Berardi & Pontus, so rest given to Anita, Cooper, Hernandez......

3 points down there wont be easy but if we win we really send out a message

6. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Morning all...

For me, yesterday's midweek game was the most important so far this season. It's so easy to win comfortably and believe in your own hype, you take the foot off the gas expecting an easy ride and wallop.

Add to that the reports prior to the game of how well Birmingham have played and how unlucky Birmingham have been this could have derailed us.

After the game Harry said he felt Birmingham utterly dominated the second half at times? I've read a few reports that suggest a draw would have been a fair result, strange that as usually you see those kind of comments when there is just one goal in it.

Not that it matters, three points and another clean sheet and the day Leeds went top of the table are the only things yesterday's game will be remembered for. Someone else said yesterday they wish Boggers could have seen this and be part, a cruel world at times.

I'd hazzard a guess no more than one or two changes against Millwall, Roofe back in and maybe rest Hernandez.

Marcos Barber likes this.
  7. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Did you know in 2011, Millwall dished out 5 year banning orders to anyone taunting Leeds with the turkish flag.

At the time, Millwall chief executive Andy Ambler said: 'Following similar incidents at last year's game, we had a crackdown on people bringing such items to the game.

'Anybody caught with Turkey or Galatasaray flags were either denied entry or ejected. Their details were also taken and as a result three fans have been handed club bans, which last for five years at least. 'We do not condone this behaviour.'

8. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Evening Josh, Lasoggo looked a little jaded last night, perhaps use him as a second half sub. I'd like to see Grot start. He's a a big physical unit, and I think its going to be one of those games I believe.

9. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning Eire, good idea.

10. lifecheshirewhite

Wouldn't say they were tired m8,hard to play beautiful football in the pouring rain.We still played some good stuff but Brum will be a top half team and you can't expect to batter everyone.

11. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning Doc, would be good to see what Cibicki can do.

12. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning ristac, Birmingham had plenty of the ball, but rarely looked like scoring imo. We were definitely worth the win the the 2 goal cushion flattered us.

13. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning Chesh, when bearing in mind the weather, and the fact it was a midweek games, the size of crowd was great.

14. Marcos Barber

Marcos Barber Well-Known Member

If we are going to rest players, I'd sooner we did it against Burnley, don't care if we lose there but we have to seize the moment we have created in the league and keep putting points on the board.

If changes are made, I would far rather we brought in players like Dallas, Roofe and Viera and let the new guys like Klich, Grot and Cibicki get some experience in the cup game.

15. Eric Le Merde

Eric Le Merde Well-Known Member

Millwall are a bunch of thugs so the team should be physical to start with otherwise we will get kicked to death - just a thought :emoticon-0176-smoke

Evening everybody, including Ell :emoticon-0103-cool:

ellandback likes this.
  16. Eric Le Merde

Eric Le Merde Well-Known Member

I was there at 3 minutes to 4 in the morning and got no mention upset ......

Big hello's to

Sweep

Millwall Steve

WCD

1964 White

PatB

Simon

2Pennth

Daz

Old the Old Sea Dog

ellandback likes this.
  17. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Swimming in riches arn't we, as its difficult to get a consensus on who to drop/rest and who to bring in. In fairness I will go with what Tommy wants to do, I also agree with playing your best team in league matches up to the point some need resting. So if he wants to carry on with Hernandez great.

I am dezzy to see Pennington as I thought he was awesome before his injury, likewise with CBJ. I am a big Klich fan but O'Kane & Phillips are keeping him out as well as keeping Viera out. Cibicki & Grot will also be great but when and how is up to Tommy. I gave him advice yesterday, he didnt listen to me so fook him

Marcos Barber likes this.
  18. RCDM

RCDM Well-Known Member

Easy vote, 5+ <ok>

ellandback and bucks_is_leeds like this.
  19. w.c.dukenfieldesq

w.c.dukenfieldesq Well-Known Member

Morning Eric and all. I wouldn't say thugs but no doubt it will be physical it will be a different test for our new heroes.

Eric Le Merde likes this.
  20. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

we have scored 7 goals our last 2 home games and I fully expect us to double that Saturday easy 3 points for us <ok>

Ringo Lion likes this.