1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

League One bound

Discussion in 'Coventry City' started by wheretogonow, Dec 19, 2011.

1. wheretogonow

wheretogonow Member

2. ThaiCanary

ThaiCanary Well-Known Member

While it is hard for a team that stayed in the top division for so many years (perhaps against the odds) to accept they are well and truly on their way down, it has been coming for some time. Season after season, following relegation they have never really threatened the top end of the Championship as many expected. Even I thought they would go back up inside 2 or 3 seasons.

Will Coventry City bounce back as other teams have managed? No idea. They probably will but it might not happen quickly.

3. DidcotOUFC

DidcotOUFC Member

As an Oxford United fan I know all about the heartache involved in following your local team but one thing I have noticed about Coventry is their ability to defy the odds as I found out by backing them to beat Bristol on Bet365. Thanks for the win guys and Good luck in continuing to defy the odds.

4. wheretogonow

wheretogonow Member

Ahhh i though tlast night we would bag our first away win of the season, thank goodness I changed my mind about travelling up to Blackpool, I hate that long depressing journey back listenting to local radio telling us how we almost could have won!!!!

5. OddRiverOakWizards

OddRiverOakWizards Well-Known Member

Do you think the move to the Ricoh has helped or exacerbated your struggles? The spirit of Cov is still strong you will return.

6. ive.seen.the.light

payback from Sunderland afc.

Bye bye jimmy hill ya t.at

7. the falcon

the falcon Active Member

Your demise has been a long time coming, but it has finally arrived. As a Sunderland fan who remembers being cheated by yourselves and Bristol City back in the 76/77 season the wait has been well worth it. Will you return to the upper echelons again, i sincerely bloody hope not. Time now for a celebratory drink.<cheers><bubbly><bubbly><bubbly><applause>

8. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

Apologies on behalf of the 2 Mackem lads above, they should be more considerate and rise above the cheating that occured to us twice from you.

Now **** off to League 2 and rot you awful, ****ty, pointless little club, you won't be back, and you won't be missed.

<ok>

9. robbiethemole

robbiethemole Well-Known Member

bunch of c*nts

10. Danger Fox

Danger Fox New Member

**** me its that **** robbie the tool - Get that ****ing taken off the board you **** like you used to on BBC 606 and while you're about it **** off to league 1 - On your way to league 2 - ****ing ****er

11. silksworthexile

Serves you right and I hope Jimmy F*****g Hill is chewing the carpet in despair you bunch of cheating f*****g midlands t***s !!

What goes around comes around !!

12. sandiacre_fox

sandiacre_fox Member

off you go bye bye, nobody will miss you by the looks of things<party>

13. grumpy old grandpa

Cheerio Chavs back to the where you belong and you will be there a very long time :emoticon-0172-mooni

14. SouthendSaint

SouthendSaint Member

Personally i'm disgusted at the gloating for Sunderland fans, cant really say anything to help you deal with it just been there done that.
    It may not seem like it now but when we went down it allowed us to rebuild and basically get born again, dont know how you will do it but you can try your youngsters.
    dont know what your board are upto, when we visited for the FA cup game it was awful, an empty ground with no atmosphere, grit your teeth and get behind your lads and maybe like us you will bounce back.

good lucky

15. SouthStand

SouthStand Active Member

Just read an account of the 1977 "incident". Not quite sure what the mackems are complaining about. If you and your opponents only need a draw for you both to stay up then why not just kill time to the final whistle, seems sensible to me. Besides, you don't get relegated because of the final day's results, you get relegated because of your results over the whole season.

16. Black Cat Kiwi

Black Cat Kiwi Well-Known Member

Keep reading lad.....delaying the kick off by 30 minutes certainly didn't help did it <doh>
    That said, I hope you have a better season 2012/13 <bubbly>

17. atcham jack

atcham jack Well-Known Member

nil desperandum, welcome to league one from those fabulous shrews. floreat salopia

18. AshbySaint

AshbySaint Well-Known Member

Such bitterness from the mackems and my o my it's only 35 years what a bunch of mean-spirited bitter degenerates. The likes of them don't deserve a club in the premiership. After all they kind of got back to the top league - they are utter morons

All the best Coventry you used to be our bogey team, hope you won't be on Saturday. Enjoy league one I did. It's nice to actually believe you will win a game. All the best

19. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I think it is more the delayed kick off and the announcement over the tannoy and the way they all stopped playing for the final 15 minutes that caused the concern.

I personally could not care either way in regards to Coventry staying up or going down, I think it will be hard for them to bounce back as they have flirted with danger season after season and it was coming, sad for the fans but been there and done that...

20. Archers Road

Archers Road Urban Spaceman

Just got back from watching the magnificent Saints get back to the prem, and wanted to give credit to Coventry's support. A good turn out from the visitors given the circumstances, and it must have taken real heart to still sing when you're relegated and losing 4-0. Decent supporters, good luck in League 1 (which isn't all bad btw)