1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Lalan....

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by C19RK73, Aug 15, 2013.

1. C19RK73

C19RK73 Red & White army!

Not a dig at the nags but what type of DOF hires a player formally charged with rape but who is also injured and expected to be out until mid october?

Its absolute lunacy

This could be any club but wtf?

For the purpose of mag posters lets pretent remy went to liverpool

2. jdsafc

jdsafc Well-Known Member

I never knew he was injured like

3. C19RK73

No i dont think they did either, calf injury

4. jdsafc

jdsafc Well-Known Member

Their director of football must have decided that medical s are a waste of time then

5. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

Na, it's not about newcastle or the fans it's about a DoF whose ego dwarfs his own cock. Why they hired him I don't know but I'm sure most Mags will be annoyed by the standard of work performance he's putting in. It's not good enough and they'll be quite right to be vexed.

6. C19RK73

Sounds like it mate

I'd be fuming me if it were my club

7. Tickler

Tickler Well-Known Member

and they still paid £2m for the loan…dear me

utter desperation for a player who will miss at least 1-2 months of the season

8. Graham Carr's Binoculars

Graham Carr's Binoculars Well-Known Member

West Ham paid 15m for Carroll and he's out until October.

I could be wrong by my understanding are that medicals are there to highlight any long standing weaknesses ranging from joints/potentially weak ligaments to heart conditions. It's not ideal that he's out, but the bottom lne is that this wouldn't have been Kinnear's fault anyway. It would be down to the club doctor to spot any injury etc.

Real Madrid are currently trying to buy Bale for anywhere up to 100m and he's currently injured. It's quite common in football nowadays. As long as the injury isn't believed to be long term and is unlikely have future repurcussions regarding the players future fitness/availabillity then 99% of transfers will pass the medical regardless and the signing will be completed.

9. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

You're right mate - but we still find it funny!! It's all well and good if a player is out for a few weeks of a 5 year deal but he's only there for the season and then no guarantees after that - if his trial goes the wrong way then he might not even be there for that long!

If QPR come back up then the liklihood is he'll go back to them - even with the "option to buy" in the loan it'll be claused up to the eyeballs so that QPR have a player who (you hope and they hope) has been at the top of his game in the PL - just like a brand new signing for free

10. C19RK73

I get what your saying but haway, this is no dead leg :

Remy has been running at the club’s Benton HQ, but Pardew does not want to risk his only summer signing.

The 26-year-old reported from QPR at Newcastle nursing an injury having not featured in any of the London club’s pre-season fixtures.

Pardew added: “He has not kicked a ball yet and only been running.

“It is very important that we make sure he is right.”

11. Graham Carr's Binoculars

Graham Carr's Binoculars Well-Known Member

Again I could be wrong, but I think with the option to buy it's nearly always down to the club that have loaned the player whether it goes ahead. I think the fee get's agreed beforehand and then it's acts as a minimum fee realease clause (for that club only) until a certain expiry date passed. As I said that's purely an assumption, but it would seem odd to pay a loan fee of 2m to fix a future fee that can then be amended by the selling club. As you've said transfers are probably much more detailed/complicated than us fans realise and we're all kind of second guessing.

He's likely to miss the first 3 games accoring to Pardew so there's still 35 league games to go after that so hopefully he won't be missing too much of the league campaign. Having said that 99% of what comes out of Pardew's mouth is utter garbage so who knows <laugh>

12. C19RK73

I reckon bri is spot on here, it will depend on if qpr come back up, if they dont he'll be yours. Remember its saggy chops your dealing with

13. Brian Storm

I think you're wrong mate, vast majority of squads don't have Real's quality and depth, most teams can't afford to wait on new signings. A knock is one thing but missing the first two months of a season loan? Added to that he's got a trial early next year which will disrupt his training schedule at the absolute minimum? It's bad business. The bloke is doing an awful job. I don't believe for one second that your doctor missed his injury on medical only to discover it as soon as he'd signed. Joking knew full well he was injured and okayed the signing anyway. You're not real Madrid, you can't afford to wait two months for him to come back. His very first signing and Newcastle United are already a victim of the man's delusion. Pulled out the Gomas(spelling?) deal, and bent having a medical at fulham. it's looking a mess for you at that man's hands.

Not saying it because of our rivalry, it's just how it looks to me. As much as I hate you's ;) I have respect for you lot and you don't deserve this ****.

14. Cest Advocaat

Cest Advocaat Well-Known Member

So long as its not longer term and it wouldnt surprisse me to find out Joke didnt bother asking medical experts as he obviously will have a Doctorate and PhD in his bag and know more than anyone so no need to ask anyone?

At least you have the Shola brothers, Gouffran and Cisse to rely on? :emoticon-0116-evilg

15. C19RK73

16. Brian Storm

17. Pardiola

Pardiola Member

Think loan to buy deals are always in the favour of the team wanting to buy (i.e us). Why would we take him off QPR payroll for a season and pay 2mil if QPR could then say no. The option to buy surely cant be turned down by QPR otherwise theres no point in having the option included at this stage of the deal.

Assuming we had some information about the case hes involved in as well and we arent worried about it, im not too fussed about an injury for a couple of games. Obviously if hes our only player then its ridiculous but hes a player i wanted us to sign.

18. C19RK73

I thought it was a formal charge but raking around it seems there is confusion between the two, tbf they happened within a week of each other

19. C19RK73

Its different in english footy for some stupid reason, foreign players are written in stone, fee agreed at point of loan, like our caluska (apparent £1.7m fee agreed) qpr could have negotiated anything they want as a permanent deal does not have to be a condition of the deal like the rest of europe

20. Pardiola

Pardiola Member

So the 6m permanent deal quoted can be withdrawn by QPR? Dont see Mike agreeing to that to be honest.

Hopefully QPR get relegated anyway so can see what excuses the media will make for Harry.