1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Klose Signs

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by RedorDead, Jan 27, 2022.

1. Supcon72

Supcon72 Well-Known Member

As happened with Bobby Reid.

2. realred1952

realred1952 Well-Known Member

I wonder with CM not scoring many [ hindsight ] FAMMY would have been able to have taken more honours and along with Andi being on song we had another 6 0r 7 goals AS would likely have gotten a chance anyways as FD would be CM!

3. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

Indeed injuries to Diedhiou and Taylor at the start of the 17/18 meant that he was played as a striker and even though the waste of money signing Engvall was still at the club and crappy loaners like Woodrow, Diony and Leko were brought in and another sick note Duric signed, Reid saw them all off one by one.

"Some time out of adversity players grab their chances with both hands", I always liked Reid but I think he was at times a very average midfielder, his chance to play as a striker gave his career a new dimension and us a tidy profit.

4. AshtonRed

AshtonRed Well-Known Member

Reid was an odd one, even when he played n midfield you could see he had something, but often was a bit light weight and lost possession, which in turn affected his confidence, pushing him further forward meant it didn’t matter so much if he lost possession, which in turn gave him confidence to try things, the more confidence he got the better player he became.

Jiffie likes this.
  5. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

Think we can all guess on who has never seen Fammy play live.

AW banging them in start of his career here, guess who was out injured / suspended at that time. Then move onto this season and guess who’s not here now.

Jiffie likes this.
  6. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

Yep but I bet he could prepare a formula or potion to prove his theory.

RedorDead likes this.
  7. realred1952

NOT IN THE BEEEB LIST.. Beeb has a problem with info exchange with BCFC!?

8. AshtonRed

??

9. realred1952

I can sort of see where you are trying to be coming from ROD, although Ashton seems to struggle? ....... you have to put everything into the bigger picture though, so easy to "read something" and pick out 2 "items" and make a comparison or try to justify what you think!
    last 4 seasons however flawed assumptions I did see Fammy play a few times .. not many live but quite a few on pay ...
    comparison based on fact not on thought .................

SEASONS ......... 17 / 18 ........... 18 / 19 .......... 19 / 20 .......... 20 / 21 .............21 / 22
    Weimann .................................. 44 for 10 ........ 45 for 9 ........... 7 for 2 .........29 for 14
    Fammy .......... 32 for 13 ............ 41 for 13 ....... 41 for 12 .. ........ 40 for 8 ..........0 / 0..........
    Martin........................................................................................ 26 for 2 .......... 28 for 7

and of course the outfields of the other 8 players in all those games varied immensely!!!!

10. AshtonRed

I was questioning who RoD was talking about, I assume from your reply it was you. He’s a point if you’ve not seen him live often it’s difficult to make an informed judgement,,TV you only get a partial view of a game.

RedorDead likes this.

11. realred1952

ROD likes a snipe! cant really add this one to the 5 he has missed out on previously as like you say seeing him 7 or 8 times over 3 seasons in the flesh is nowt really but having had a couple dozen recorded games to peruse allows slo mo rewind freeze. watching game live you tend to follow the ball .. or if not a split second thing happens and you miss it.. thats why I always watch from the ends. THEY DID WELL ....

12. AshtonRed

You can only rewind and freeze what the camera shows, that’s the point.

13. realred1952

Usually as much as you see live due to using less but wider angle camera's because not SKY BT OR BEEB who have 4 or more camera points all being edited, almost in real time, then re broadcast! [ real time is what your eye is focus'd on ] your peripheral vision at that moment [ out of corner of eye! ] can interupt that ...

14. AshtonRed

The camera obviously follows you play, live you see the whole thing, why do you think actually scouting players in person is preferable to watching clips.

15. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

How did Weimann miss that one? We need to put these chances away when they arrive and not keep missing them. Come on City.

16. invermeremike

I had a late wake up call and missed the goal but overall I would say we have had a comfortable first half. With the chances we have created the score could easily be 0-3 but some shooting boots need polishing. To use an old adage - put some welly in to it lad. If we could raise our goal scoring rate per chance then we could be a couple of places further up the table.

17. realred1952

because scouting you are their to observe a player or player ..no concern on who wins or loses ..and guess what every game now has cameras or camera and the follow up to scouting can be done from VT Scouting has moved on from a pair of wellies thick scarf, notebook, a pair of wooly gloves with tips of index and thumb ends cut off .... and a south wester..

18. invermeremike

We just never learn and here we are again falling through the same trap door as usual. Poor defending will always cost us dear.

19. invermeremike

Our play coming out through the mid-field is somewhat off key and we miss out on some good opportunities. Williams is now on and let's see if he can make the difference.

20. invermeremike

Magical finish by Semenyo gets us back in front. Now lads let's keep this one at 3 points.