1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

KLD Interview

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Norman Stanley Fletcher, Feb 24, 2021.

1. Norman Stanley Fletcher

Norman Stanley Fletcher Well-Known Member

Got to say I was impressed by the short interview with KLD which was aired at half time during the streaming match last night. He seems to have his finger on the pulse straightaway. The main points I picked up were

1. The club has had no long term vision for a long time.
    2. Cost cutting has led to asset stripping across all departments.
    3. Its a long term project and we need a sustainable structure in place to bring success
    4. Appointments to deliver this are already happening and more to come this week ( I think he said )
    5. Engagement with the fans needs to start now.
    6. Losses due to the Pandemic will need investment from the owners
    7. Promotion this season is still achievable, but if we don't achieve it, we don't panic and we stick to the long term plan
    8. The Club, and the Foundation of Light have work to do in the Community to bring it all together.

He seems to have picked up quite a lot of the important points already and now he has control I think we are going to see positive action sooner rather than later. For a relatively young man he has a very sensible head on his shoulders.

Wait until he experiences the atmosphere of a 3-2 v Chelsea and the 3-0 v Everton under Big Sam!

2. Nordic

Nordic Well-Known Member

Point 6 is v. interesting. Let's see if this forces Donald, Charlie & Sartori out.

If they don't stick their hand in their pockets, surely their shares are diluted.

3. Smug in Boots

Smug in Boots Well-Known Member

Excellent post mate.

This spells out why I went off the deep end when RAWA were saying they wanted to see KLD asap to ask for his plans and to explain things to him.

I think we can all see he should be allowed to just get on with things, do it his way and judge afterwards ...

... not beforehand.

Guy Incognito and John 11:35 like this.
  4. samwise_new

samwise_new Well-Known Member

thought he would talk betta england lyk hew...

seriously, seemed a wee bit on the nervous side which is no bad thing, shows he is more than aware of the task ahead, personally i do not care if he was 18 or 88 as he has a solid background and plenty of 'in the know' associates which is where Mr Short let himself down, he had no football knowledge to speak of and hired people who just took his eyes out, i get the impression that this lad will not suffer fools and anyone not up to scratch will soon be shown the door.

also, no over the top wild claims, just a sensible 'we know there is work to do'...i think this could be the start of a long and loving relationship :D

5. Norman Stanley Fletcher

Norman Stanley Fletcher Well-Known Member

That's good point. It could be an early test of their willingness to support KLD's plans.

6. Mav3rick

Mav3rick Well-Known Member

Talked very well and sometimes when English isn't there first language they pull no punches as it doesn't translate. He seemed very very intelligent and knows what we need for sure. And by his words I don't think he will be shy to spend a few quid also. I'm super happy with him taking over the club it's a massive step in the right direction

TopClub, young2077 and Smug in Boots like this.
  7. young2077

young2077 Well-Known Member

He has already done more in his few months of being unannounced owner and plenty since the announcement that blows our previous owners out if the water with his obvious level of professionalism, knowledge (business and football wise) and willingness to spend on improvements (Short was happy to spend early doors but had no idea where to spend this lad has the experience to know where improvements will help).

I have said it time and again since the rumours of him improving the ground and academy came out, a run down and neglected infrastructure can only rub off on the staff from the first team to the cleaners. If the business is run down and neglected it sets a unprofessional and half arsed attitude. Maybe thos has been part of the 'gremlins, something wrong at the club or piss taken party' or whatever else it has been referred to over the years that's had prevented us reaching our potential?

farnboromackem and smithy in nl like this.
  8. Paperback Ruiter

Paperback Ruiter Well-Known Member

Just watched it in full. Missed first few mins yesterday. I'm saying it now, Europe before that lad is 30! (if we go up this season)

smithy in nl likes this.