1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Josh Wright

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by brb, Aug 26, 2017.

1. brb

brb CR250

If anyone has got a spare 10 minutes, watch this video of the great Brian Clough, he wouldn't mess about with players and even the first million pound transfer of Trevor Francis was clearly put in his place by ole big head, but back in them days you had no social media for players to go spitting their dummy out on.

Quote about Francis 'he get's his priorities wrong occasionally, but they've been put right very very quickly here' <laugh>

'He's won a medal by fluke in the European Cup, because if we had a full squad, there is no way he would've be playing!'

Now that's what you can call the greatest put down via media ^^^

OMG could you imagine if that was said about Wright!

Every fans favourite was clearly put in their place and Clough's views on trial by TV were absolutely astonishing and fantastic for the day, if you remember this was before Sky invented football...

He ripped Motson to shreds.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2017
  2. Lord Sondes Clock

Lord Sondes Clock Active Member

I guess we'll never know the complete truth.

Whilst getting some halftime respite from the sun on Saturday, standing next to the exit gate by the Medway Stand family entrance, who should walk by but JW - just moments after my old dad and I had been speculating about whether a deal had been done to sell him given his absence from the bench.

Josh was heading towards the car park behind the Rainham End, washbag in hand (which may or may not have been Louis Vuitton but at least he wasn't sporting the modern footballer's other comfort blanket of a pair of massive headphones). A minute or two later he drove past in a BMW.

I've been wondering ever since whether that half time departure was his decision or whether he was sent home by AP? Was there a half time exchange of views in the dressing room for all to see? As I said, we'll probably never know.