1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Jordan Rhodes

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by DUNCAN DONUTS, May 2, 2019.

?

Renew or release?

1. Renew

81.0%
  2. Release

19.0%
  1. DUNCAN DONUTS

DUNCAN DONUTS SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIOR

The second in the series of renew or release this time it's on loan Sheffield Wednesday forward Jordan Rhodes

2. DUNCAN DONUTS

This one for me is slightly more tricky than Klose as we only have him on loan , as far as I'm aware his contract with Wednesday expires in the summer so he could be available on a free transfer.

I for one would like to see him given a chance in the Premier League as back up to Pukki so long as it doesn't cost too much .

He didn't play much due to Pukki being Pukki and starting nearly every game limiting Jordan to a five minute run out at the end if he was lucky , he scored some big goals and missed a few sitters but I still rate the guy and for a club on a small budget he is ideal.

Verdict renew

3. Hairy Mary Quite Canary

Hairy Mary Quite Canary Well-Known Member

He's a great character, very supportive of others and appears to be really enjoying himself at Norwich despite the lack of action. He's shown he's still got it when called upon. Unsurprising he's missed a few potential goals with the lack of game time and he's looked very sharp on other occasions. This will boil down to who Webber has in the pipeline i think. Some of the rumoured attacking players sound quite exciting too. I just hope if anyone comes in to replace Rhodes, they bring with them the same positive character. If we can get him on a 'free' then I think that swings it for me. As things stand it's a "renew" for me.

DUNCAN DONUTS likes this.
  4. DUNCAN DONUTS

I believe his Sheffield Wednesday contract expires 31st May 2019 and I have no idea if we are tied into paying a fee for him, I'm hoping as you say he is a free agent and we can keep hold of him for a relatively small sum that wouldn't put much of a dent in our £20m war chest .
    The numbers bandied about for some of the other firward targets have been upwards of £7m and come with a far greater risk .

Agreed that we should renew.

Felix Passlack will be sent packing he failed to impress due to the incredible form of young Max and when called upon in the cups looked pretty dodgy so he won't be getting a thread or a contract.
    Best of luck to him though in the future.

Last edited: May 3, 2019
    JM Fan likes this.
  5. Hairy Mary Quite Canary

Hairy Mary Quite Canary Well-Known Member

Passlack is a real shame for me. He came with such high expectations with so many Euro experts flagging his enormous potential. Just has not clicked! Wish him luck next season though as you say, can't see that being at Norwich. That said if Pinto goes too, we defo need some back up for that "Starman playing down the right" :emoticon-0159-music

Back to Rhodes...

6. DUNCAN DONUTS

Pinched from transfer market

Screenshot_20190503-081425_Chrome.jpg

7. General Melchett

General Melchett Well-Known Member

I started with release, but then went for renew once I saw he would be available on a free. With that said, like with Tim, we should offer what we offer and let them walk if they have better offers elsewhere. I think both were on wages that perhaps even now with promotion we won't be interested in matching (Unless of course they would accept the mother of all relegation clauses).
    Really though, I'm not too bothered, a great squad player undoubtedly, but we have squad players and up n comers, what we need really is someone who might genuinely threaten Teemu's starting role. i would be more comfortable with.
    TP starting off as main man, then a 20-23 yr old Webber identified, (ready/virtually ready) prospect who might cost £6-7m but will be worth £20m+ once Herr Farke has done with him.
    And of course we'll need a 2nd/3rd choice striker. At the right price Jordan fits the bill.
    Could Morris or Srbeny be considered? Only the training ground will answer that, Wouldn't want to rely on Morris with his recent injury record though.
    Of course you then have Idah. Again dependant on what they see on the training ground, he might be ready? But I think we should look to get him a good loan, he needs to play proper competitive football. I expect to see him loaned to a Championship/lge1/Eredivisie til January and have him return if ready for us. A good loan is probably what Srbeny and Morris need too.
    But who are we then left with? A tricky balancing act to be sure, I reckon Godfrey could fill in in a bind!

Bah!

chinacanary likes this.
  8. Canary Rob

Canary Rob Well-Known Member

I think his contract with Wednesday is until Summer 2020 (looking at that screenshot from transfermarkt I think that means the Norwich loan expiry date).

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/shef...-jordan-rhodes-time-at-hillsborough-1-9244520

I agree with Duncan and others going for renew. We might have to pay a small amount, but for me it is totally worth it - he is obviously happy enough being on the bench, the PL will require older heads to take on that role, he will be eager to test himself in the PL as he wasn't given much of a chance at 'Boro and he genuinely offers something very different.

A striker of his calibre and record will cost a hell of a lot more, so for me it is a definite renew unless Wednesday are really difficult on the price.

DUNCAN DONUTS and Walsh.i.am like this.
  9. Canary Rob

Canary Rob Well-Known Member

Think Pinto was confirmed today - he said very nice things about Norwich - shame as he has been for me a real hero for us but these things come to an end

10. DUNCAN DONUTS

Can someone with more competence than me try and fathom when these ****ers are contracted until ?

I wasted 20 odd minutes compiling that list , time better spent making a dozen match day threads .<steam>

11. ncgandy

ncgandy Well-Known Member

Haha!

Well, Franke and Raggett are both also contracted until the end of next season. It's their loan contracts that are about to expire. Darmstadt have an option to buy Franke. <ok>

12. DUNCAN DONUTS

**** you transfer market .com you are dead to me <grr>

Canary Spring likes this.
  13. ncgandy

ncgandy Well-Known Member

<laugh><ok>

14. Canary Spring

Canary Spring Well-Known Member

upload_2019-5-3_10-26-22.png

The home club contract is shown at the bottom of the column on the left. I did the same as you at first. :emoticon-0111-blush

15. Forgot_My_Lines

Forgot_My_Lines Well-Known Member

I'm sure Rhodes is not out of contract. Hense why there was a lot of talk of whether we should try and buy him, and how he would cost a fair fee.

If he was on a Free, I'd love to see him given a contract. He is such a lovely man, he loves it here, he loves the Club, the City, his team mates.

The thing is, he's played very little in the Championship. Is he going to offer us enough in a much tougher league.

I like him as a player, he works hard, he's strong, he can hold the ball up.

If we have to pay a fair few million for him, then I just don't think we can afford to.

16. RiverEndRick

RiverEndRick Well-Known Member

I doubt that he'll be available on a free transfer with a year left on his contract. There was some mention of £2-3m but it may depend on who we might get for that sort of money. The latest rumour is Sergi Enrich from the Spanish league, for whom we're said to have made an approach, but there is a lot of competition for him. Then there's Wriedt from Bayern for around £3m apparently. Rhodes may have to wait to see what happens elsewhere, which leaves me on the fence about renew/release.

17. DHCanary

DHCanary Very Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Rhodes definitely has a year left on his Wednesday deal.

As RER says, if Rhodes is available for £2-3m and sensible wages then I think it makes sense as long as he's happy to be 3rd choice.
    I'd like us to keep him as he can score goals in our set up, and I'd rather have at least one known quantity as backup to Pukki - but he's not challenged Pukki for a starting berth this season, and we need that competition going forwards. His agent was on Radio Norfolk a while ago talking about how Jordan is at a point in his career where he needs to be playing games, so much as he's "the nicest man in football", if he wants to play then he'll want to go elsewhere. How much that's his agent looking for his next slice of the pie, who knows.

JM Fan likes this.
  18. RiverEndRick

RiverEndRick Well-Known Member

I think that's about right, DH, unless he has a burning desire to have a shot at the PL.

19. chinacanary

chinacanary Well-Known Member

I think he'll go to whomsoever misses out on the play offs.

20. Bravo_Win_or_Die

Bravo_Win_or_Die Active Member

I was thinking he would be a good option for Leeds, if we were not prepared to splash out.