1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

joelinton

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Rex Kramer, Sep 29, 2019.

1. cronemeister

cronemeister Well-Known Member

WTF?

2. cronemeister

Precisely why people need to get off his back as well as Joe Lintons. Our whole team has been ****e from the get go this season. We scraped a lucky win against Spurs and people were losing their **** over it. We need to stop singling out individuals because the team are collectively at fault along with the bloke pulling the strings and picking the team.

As things stand, Bruce doesn't seem to have a clue how to set us up and where to play players, more worryingly he doesn't seem to have a Plan B when **** goes wrong. We are so defensive minded it's unreal and we're just inviting the opposition onto us at every opportunity. We can't keep hold of the ball, we can't string passes together, we can't play out from the back and we can't get crosses into the box or provide any kind of service to our front players.....all because we are on the back foot most of the game. Bruce talks about going back to basics, well that's it right ****ing there pal.

I saw a video this morning of ASM in training scoring a worldie and beating about 5 players before scoring. It looks impressive until you realise that he's training against our defenders and players have been doing that **** to us for years.

Flash and Munson. like this.
  3. G4rdToonArmy

G4rdToonArmy Well-Known Member

I think a lot of people forget he played as a striker last year in Germany but also out wide playing as an inside forward at times.

I'd like to see the same formation as last week 4-2-3-1 and with the players available:
    Dubravka
    Manquillo, Lacselles, Dummet, Willems
    Schar, Longstaff
    Joelinton, Miggy, Saint Maximin
    Carroll/Muto

I'd personally play Muto as in that formation you need to be able to press and press high and I'm not sure Carroll can do that for us, leave the 7 at the back to focus on defending and try to win the ball and get it forwards early and counter.

4. Rex Kramer

Rex Kramer Well-Known Member

clark has a goal in him tbf

5. Rex Kramer

but you said we had a much better strike force pre season

cronemeister likes this.
  6. Charlie Dogscock

Charlie Dogscock Well-Known Member

The annoying thing is Joelinton clearly has ability, but what we're asking him to do at the moment, i.e. be a lone striker with little to no support, is just ludicrous.

We did the same with Jon Dahl Tomasson, asked a very young striker to play up front by himself, and he was terrible for us....he leaves and gets the right support around him, and becomes one of Denmark's greatest ever players. Ditto Perez, who always had ability, but benefited massively from having a player like Rondon alongside him.

Joelinton and Almiron are too young and nowhere near physical enough to our sole attack force, a Shearer/Rondon physical figure is clearly needed, and these 2 would look massively better....with Carroll being our hope to be that physical striker, we might as well be relegated already.

7. cronemeister

I think you were in front of me the other day sat in traffic.

20191001_130731.jpg

Munson. likes this.
  8. cronemeister

Aye a ****ing own goal !

9. Roland Deschain

Roland Deschain Well-Known Member

For Joelinton, see Thauvin. We'll sell for less than we bought, but he'll go on to have a good career. He's a good player, but in our thick-as-mince "structure", is doesn't matter one iota. Again, how Ashley thinks this model works is beyond me. Klopp, Guardiola, although on a different planet have clear input and involvement in their recruitment process. On the other side, the likes of Arsenal and Man U have taken more and more involvement away from the manager and are suffering as a result.

Quite how any club executive, not just our double act, thinks it's a GOOD idea to bring in players without input from the manager who'll be playing them absolutely defies any logic and beggars belief. It's an ill-conceived, ignorant idea that doesn't apply to the very best in the world. let alone ****y no-marks like McLaren and Bruce.

10. Rex Kramer

scored a few important goals at the other end tbh can score from corners etc and its not like were scoring at all

11. Rex Kramer

so you didn't say it ? don't call me a wum because you know damn right you said it

if anything you are winding me up by claiming you didn't and im making it up

don't make me copy and paste it on here from the here we go thread just be a man and say you look to have been way off the mark

in the words of greta Thunberg HOW DARE YOU

cronemeister likes this.
  12. cronemeister

I think what you'll find I said was something along the lines of we need to give them a chance to prove either way. It's not looking good as things stand but we all know it took Rondon half a season to find his feet/lose some weight etc. I think I also said that we couldn't really judge until the end of this season so we could draw a meaningful comparison....i'll be damned if I'm watching this ****e week in week out though.

13. Rex Kramer

please log in to view this image

Start a Conversation
    Warm Pouch said:
    Joelinton/Almiron>Rondon/Perez

Simple as that really.
    t

You can milk anything with nipples.
    cronemeister, Jul 30, 2019

14. Rex Kramer

15. Charlie Dogscock

Charlie Dogscock Well-Known Member

Thauvin was soft as ****e though, and will only look good in a slack league like France or Holland.

The difference is Joelinton has far more potential, but we're literally pinning all our hopes on him by making him a loan striker with limited service. Bellamy excelled playing alongside Shearer, and Perez was excellent with Rondon as support.....but if we had either of them as sole strikers, they'd have been nowhere near as good.

Joelinton reminds me so much of Jon Dahl Tomasson, i.e. he could be a great player for us, but we're using him in completely the wrong way.

16. Southerner

Southerner Active Member

So despite the fact that Longstaff has been poor, people still want him to play, when the situation is crying out for more experienced heads. I hope he makes it but it will not happen just yet. I think you boys have too heavily bought into the romance of youth player made good.
    And we have a new myth about Almiron, he did not perform well last season, and has carried on where he left off. Reread the matchday threads.That is, looks fantastic but produces nothing. It is backs to the wall time - play for now, not the future. I love Lascelles defensive qualities, but his lack of mobility and poor distribution skills make him no longer an automatic choice.
    If we are in the bottom 3 come Christmas, then by all means call for Bruce's head, but **** me, give the man a chance.

17. Mowgli311080

Mowgli311080 Member

Anyone slagging off Joelinton, check out his heatmap for the 7 games he's played this season, he's basically been a central midfielder. Unless he's gonna start firing in 35 yarders or taking on a teams defence by himself, he's gonna be hung out to dry by the typical judgemental Newcastle fans.

NUFC London likes this.
  18. Howe's about that then?

Howe's about that then? Well-Known Member

I like the sound of that team especially given the players we are missing

19. Rex Kramer

none of them can hold the ball and play a bit in the middle

Southerner likes this.
  20. Rex Kramer