1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Joe Allen

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by ShanghaiSwan, Jul 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mustyfrog

mustyfrog Well-Known Member

will troll through old posts

2. Kifflom!

Kifflom! Well-Known Member

Then he's wrong. You don't keep a player who doesn't want to be here. Personally, I'd have taken £12M. I know I'm in a very small minority but whereas Allen is a promising talent he's not world class and isn't consistent enough for me. Ramsey makes things happen and is the better player of the two imo. I know others disagree.

HJ is digging his heels in and is looking for around £14M-£15M imo and good luck to him. Fantastic bit of business if we get it.

3. swanee

swanee Well-Known Member

This is only the start for your lot, you`ll soon get fed up with it. When you have a poor/bad game you`ll find the players were magnificent & terrific plus a few other superlatives.

Is his "visionary statement" still at 180 pages or has he added a few more pages in the last few weeks?

4. mustyfrog

mustyfrog Well-Known Member

182, he idolised bob paisley

5. ivoralljack

ivoralljack Well-Known Member

I tend to agree with KJ. The more this drags on, the more I feel inclined to take £15 million for Joe PROVIDING the money is used to buy a quality replacement(s). As Lawro said in commentary, a very neat player but £15 million???

Joe is a an excellent link man. He keeps the rhythm and flow of our game going but I agree that Ramsey is the more penetrative player. He gets in positions that Joe rarely does. For me, Ramsey also creates more in the business third of the pitch and has a far better shot.

That said, if Joe decides to stay I will be quite happy. He is part of the scene and will provide continuity in midfield which can only help Laudrup, particularly in the opening games. If he has to go then the New Year transfer window would suit us far better.

6. Kifflom!

I do agree with your last para, ivor. Whereas I think Allen is very much replaceable we don't need the money and I'd rather keep him given a choice because the lad has talent and is a safe, 'tidy' player who is part of our excellent midfield unit.

7. Crackerjack

Crackerjack Active Member

In the long run , we will always need the money Aussie .... " buy low , sell high " , the small team motto IMO

8. ShanghaiSwan

ShanghaiSwan New Member

Swansea agreed to the release clause, so it is partly on their terms.

9. ShanghaiSwan

ShanghaiSwan New Member

Daily Mirror says deal is almost complete.

10. ShanghaiSwan

ShanghaiSwan New Member

11. Norway-jack

Norway-jack Well-Known Member

To coin a phrase you used toward me last week,shouldnt this be on the Liverpool board..<ok>

12. VETCHETARIAN

VETCHETARIAN Active Member

There are already three Joe Allen threads,so why start a new one?

13. Yankee_Jack

Yankee_Jack Well-Known Member

So let's presume that Team GB qualify for the next round ...... then if the report is true and Allen is going to join Liverpool THIS WEEK, Pearce is going to let Allen slip away and sign papers, take a medical etc, when Allen is not even permitted to talk about anything unrelated to Team GB in press conferences.

So BR's blarney has now affected the media like a virus.

14. Kifflom!

Agreed YJ. It's possible, but can't see anything happening until after the Games.

Said it before, but if we get £15M I'd be very happy indeed. If true, goes to show that Liverpool are still willing to pay way over the odds for their players imo.

15. MasterOfNone

MasterOfNone Active Member

what a waste of cyberspace. Who the hell are CrunchSports??

16. jackdan

jackdan Member

Exactly!! I read a report this morning saying that they had given up the chase for Allen and were bidding £14 million for Uruguayan youngster Garzon....(for those following the olympics the guy who smashed in the free kick against UAE) but the source was **** so didnt bother creating YET ANOTHER Allen thread!

17. Kifflom!

See Laudrup interview thread. "Nothing concrete" on Allen yet so how is it they're signing him this week? <doh>

18. Dilligaf

Dilligaf New Member

And some say he's not a Cardiff fan !!

19. Toela65

Toela65 Member

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/live...k-of-fiorentina-move-gallery-100252-31512012/

Echo and Neil Jones don't bullshit either.

If Swansea don't end up with the £15m though when thats his release clause questions should be asked of Jenkins and the board in regards to just how badly did he really want to keep Allen?

20. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

Joe is going for sure but the question is ...who too?? ....the release clause has been triggered now by either rodgers or someone else but the fact is its out of our hands and in joe's.. we cannot stop him leaving for the agreed release price and we dont know for sure what that price is.....I see spurs want him as well but even if they offer more for him than the agreed release price they may and us lose out in the extra cash if joe is adament in joining liverpool, so its all down to what joe wants to do now,
    stay another season with us.......we all want that.
    snub liverpool and join spurs.....we will get a few million more.
    or join liverpool at the release price........I think he will do this next week and i wish him all the best...and we move on....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.