1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Jermaine Jenas interview

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by calmcumbrian, Nov 18, 2017.

1. Class of 73

Class of 73 Well-Known Member

I misread your comment and am not trying to steer you in any direction fella, each to their own. There will always be those kind of people and in all areas of sport, just as there are WUM's. I don't want supporters arguing among themselves, or booing, but no-one can tell them not to do so, they paid their money, its up to them. TBH it is though draining the spirit of the club, but the way to change things comes from both sides and maybe Colemen is the catalyst.

2. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

No but everyone has the right of opinion to think it's wrong just as much they have the right to boo.

3. rooch 3

rooch 3 Well-Known Member

The booing will automatically stop as soon as the team start to win some games and the fans can see the dead woods f ucked off.

4. Class of 73

what...
    YEP and I am of the opinion that booing is wrong. But as I said at the start, it is IMVHO not in any way the reason we are in the s**te we are in. 8-managers in six years has an awful lot to do with it. Anyway as an end to this strangely pointless argument, Moyes lost his first game at WHU, long may that continue, eh!:1980_boogie_down:

rooch 3 likes this.
  5. Brian Storm

So why argue with people you share opinion with and set an assumption we're telling people what to do when we're just expressing opinion? <confused>

There is not and never has been one single thing to blame for our plight imo, certainly not the crowd booing, it's a comedy of errors but other things at fault does not absolve other things at fault. The booing crowd is just one failing part in a big machine full of various failing parts.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2017
    Dorset and MrRAWhite like this.
  6. MrRAWhite

MrRAWhite Well-Known Member

Undoubtedly mate... The official figure was tickets sold including season ticket's and free tickets given out to sponsors etc... I did read somewhere that the actual number in the ground for the Bolton game was around the 17,000 mark, and this is a far more realistic figure..

Nads likes this.
  7. rooch 3

My opinion is booing is only wrong if they don't deserve it or do you think we should each write a letter after the match and tell them they aren't playing up to our expectations and could you try harder next time.<laugh>

8. Class of 73

Because the opinion was expressed that it was an underlying reason for the reason the club is in the ****e position it is in, which, IMVHO I didn't agree with.

9. Brian Storm

Was it? where? Certainly not by me. You can't show me anywhere where I've said that.

10. MrRAWhite

You are welcome to that opinion, but I don't agree with it.. My view is that no manager will have any chance of turning things around while the current utter negativity at home games continues..

Dorset and Nads like this.

11. Class of 73

No, not by you but by Mr R&W at the start of the debate. Don't really care any more whom said what, we're all mmmmmad, its in the blood and you have to be to continue to support a club spiraling as we are, but KTF helps. I've ended up discussing and being corrected on match attendances, but even 17,000 was a good turnout even if some in the crowd boo'd, if the crowd figures continues to spiral, the club stops getting sponsorship and will likely fold, so we have to keep that faith that things will change

12. MrRAWhite

13. Brian Storm

But I wasn't involved in that conversation at all, you responded to my individual post. So you're trying to reason with me on things I haven't said, finding it a bit bizarre <laugh>

14. Class of 73

Fair enough, it's your POV, but as I put earlier, we were in a horrible position before Stokoe came along. There was a lot of disgruntled booing at the start of that season and even when he was appointed, but look where it took us. From what I understand there has been a drinking culture among our players and a distinct lack of respect and commitment at times. That needs to be stamped out. I believe it will change and this argument will become hopefully irreverent. We KTF

rooch 3 likes this.
  15. MrRAWhite

I have heard that Catts likes a drink, but I have not heard of a drinking culture... I have saw the players out after training in Fat Buddha's at Seaburn, and almost all the players had soft drinks..

16. Class of 73

<laugh>, whatever fella

17. rooch 3

Shorts seem to hide well in soft drinks.<ok>

18. MrRAWhite

Ellis wasn't there..

rooch 3 likes this.
  19. rooch 3

Sorry mate I was talking about Bermuda.<laugh>

20. Class of 73

Well, I've heard that it was there and yes, that Catts likes a drink, but who knows. By the way that should have read all of the players had soft drinks, it is all about image at the end of the day. there is no doubt that the fans and the team seemed at odds.....9-managers in 6-years has not helped our cause. I just hope whatever was is in the past and this is the turn of the corner that's all. Agree to disagree? It's not as if we can change anything:emoticon-0102-bigsm