1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

January Transfer Window

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by GeminiSwiftgfc, Dec 29, 2011.

1. HOADIE_BOI

HOADIE_BOI Well-Known Member

That is good for the lads, it helps them to get a bit of first team experience.

2. gills4everandaday

gills4everandaday Active Member

something of note is that i've seen somewhere...can't remember where?... forster's dover don't have a game saturday and it's been sorted that they will play a gills Xl, maybe a trialist or two for the gills???
    though it could'nt be a worse day to pick for a player to have a trial!

3. gills4everandaday

from my previous thread, i hear we won the behind-closed-doors friendly vs dover yesterday 3-2 and we may have had a trialist or two on show!

also hear that swinedon town are showing alot of interest in cody mcdonald, who has not settled in at coventry city after his £500,000 move in the summer!

get him on loan hess...we needed someone like him yesterday !!! :cry:

4. HOADIE_BOI

HOADIE_BOI Well-Known Member

That would be bad if Cody went to Swindon, I am sure he would rather join us than them,

5. gillslad69

gillslad69 Member

I wouldn't enjoy it if he moved there but it all depends on where he's based now. Coventry's a lot closer to the swine than us :( not to mention that they probably have more financial clout than us as well....

6. WINDYROG

WINDYROG Well-Known Member

Swindon are on a roll and investing heavily. On this form and with their cheque book being waved around I would anticipate them being one of the autos.........although it hurts to admit it.

Gills aren't firing at the moment.....and the D&R defeat has to be one of the worst results of the season for us. Those three points were needed and should have been brought back to Kent.

7. gills4everandaday

did see something about the swine saying they want a loan with a view to a permanent deal!

hess step it up because if thats the sort of deal coventry fc except...surely we can come to that sort of deal, one in which we can make him a better player(which we know) and there is a profit to be made in him in the future paul scally...makes sense to me!!!

wheel & deal mr scally we know you can! <ok>

8. gills4everandaday

has anyone told swindon they can only field 11 players...it will all end in tears!
    also see southend have seven strikers now...i'm sure the gills would have some of that!!!

9. gillslad69

gillslad69 Member

With the Rooney bid being accepted now I can only speculate that Hess feels we can sell one and bring in multiple targets. Rooney was a good player but perhaps he was a luxury to a side that needs a more notable attacking drive and 100k would certainly help. I can't really see Cody coming down to league 2; he's just back from injury and Coventry have just lost their main hit man, so he should have extra game time and have the opportunity to step up and showcase his talents. If they were sending him out on loan I'm sure there would be a reasonable line of suitors in League 1.

10. gills4everandaday

looks like kwesi appiah of margate 32 goals in 29 games, who was worth a look at by the gills is on his way to sign for blackpool fc.

11. gillslad69

gillslad69 Member

Appiah has caught the attention of too many clubs higher up in the table, it's a shame that another rising star from a reasonably local team slipped past us but there's not much we can do now. Plus after paying out for Birchall as a non-league star already this season I'd prefer to give him a chance when he comes back into fitness. Once Kuffour and Keds are back at full fitness we should be okay on the attacking front, naturally it would be nice if we could have another out and out goalscorer other than Kuffour...

12. gills4everandaday

talk of us being interested in jennison myrie-williams (winger) 23 of stevenage fc, along with other clubs interested from div1/2 on sky sports.

still would rather we try for jermaine mcglashan, even if at a price!

13. GFCSTU

GFCSTU Member

14. Gills-man-Ant-Dog

Don't know anything unfortunately, and thanks to Wikipedia's blackout we won't until tomorrow!

15. superbob

superbob Member

Possible loan signing?

http://www.facebook.com/GillsNews

The top post popped up on my news feed. For those that can't be bothered to follow the link, it literally just says that apparently one of the reading players impressed the gills in the friendly the other day.

16. gills4everandaday

after swinedon signed luke rooney, they have now turned there thoughts towards other players and signed ronan murray from ipswich town and after having a bid excepted from oxford utd they are now talking to jamie constable at the clubs bitter rivals!
    what are they going to do with all these players they have???...i see it all ending ugly for the swine, lets hope they fail !!!

have seen blackpool have bid for tyron barnett of crawley, lets hope they sign him, feel he's a better player than tubbs!

hope we(gills) can do some more business as well !

if we end up staying in this division, players will want out, fans will want management out and it will be a whole lot harder next time round....lets get out of this division now & fast!

hess take note don't settle with just what we have...some may not agree but, not enough points in the team as it stands !!!