1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

January Transfer Window

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by GeminiSwiftgfc, Dec 29, 2011.

1. GeminiSwiftgfc

GeminiSwiftgfc Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

It is fast approaching the time for the transfer window to re open. Usually a quiet period for us but this year I feel a few additions may be required. With Nouble and Koffour having both finished their respective loan periods, when the window reopens, we will once again be lacking up front. I would love to see a deal to bring either, or indeed both, back for the rest of the season but if not hopefully we'll be able to get someone else in.

As for other areas of the squad that could do with additions, for me, it has to be a defender or 2. Maybe someone with a bit of pace in the centre and a right back. But would this be on loan or a short term deal? Not sure.

I believe the midfield is well covered and now starting to gell well. Could just do with a bit more stability (fewer) in the number of squad changes game to game.

I think the squad took a little bit of time to gell but we are starting to see the potential of some great additions to the squad in the summer and during the season so far.

What do you feel is required to see us progress?

Bring on 2012 UTG!

2. brb

brb Guest

Ok, I am going to sticky this thread, can I please ask that ALL January transfer discussions are placed here in the following weeks, save me merging them.

3. Born Again Gill

Don't reckon there will be anything in the budget other than hopefully getting Kuffour and maybe Nouble back on loan . The squad is large enough with a number of players able to play different positions. Failing that we have another good crop of youngsters chomping at the bit to get a game.
    I'm happy with the way things are going !!!

4. AshfordGill

AshfordGill Active Member

I think that it would be great to sign Kuffour and get Nouble back for the rest of the season and we may even see Birchall play towards the end of the season too. I also agree that a right back would be nice, someone with a bit of pace, but maybe also with a bit of experience but with Lee now playing there perhaps the money would be best spent on Jo and Frank if thats all we can afford. I would also like to see Oli leave and if Birchall is making progress maybe Stefan Payne could go out on loan. I think Richards has been one of the surprises of the season and as such I think that as long as we are getting either Lawrence or Frampton on the pitch with him (and with King and Davies in reserve) we should be ok, I am not sure the budget will strect to another centre half, Fish and Lee could also both play there in an emergency. We are going along nicely just now so if we can get these 2 palyers back in the squad, we just need to avoid any more serious injuries and silly suspensions and this squad can still make the automatic promotion places

5. HOADIE_BOI

HOADIE_BOI Well-Known Member

6. brb

brb Guest

Frank Nouble scored today for West Ham in their 2-1 defeat at Derby.

7. HOADIE_BOI

Yeah, I think that ends our chances of getting him back as he started and to get a goal great for him, sure that is his first one for them,

8. HOADIE_BOI

I pronounce the Transfer window open.

9. WINDYROG

WINDYROG Well-Known Member

So we'll have to get Jo Kuffour in now. It's been good to see Frank Nouble in Gills colours......we certainly won't be seeing him in those again.
    Good luck to him.

10. HOADIE_BOI

Looks like we have our eye on someone else, Gavlin Tomlin, not a bad player, but my mind tells me that he is being lined up as we can't get Jo Kuffour, he is a good player but not amazing, don't get loads of goals, but is good down the wing, free and also as I remember he is from Gillingham and he come through our academy.
    http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12691/7405379/Trio-target-Tomlin

11. Born Again Gill

12. vinney

vinney Well-Known Member

13. HOADIE_BOI

I have already posted it in the January Transfer thread.

14. brb

brb Guest

Someone please tell me this rumoured Tomlin interest is a joke <doh>

15. HOADIE_BOI

No sorry to say that but it isn't, he is fast though which is good, but I hope we don't go and sign him and they tell us to forget about Kuffour.

16. brb

brb Guest

Hoadie - I will explain it the way I know best through stats:

Goal scoring ratio in the league:
    Tomlin - 0.14
    Oli - 0.10

Kedwell - 0.42

Based on players over 100 appearances.

17. big-silv

big-silv Member

Stuart King is on fire for Folkestone Invicta (my local team) at the moment, he's strong and is a natural finisher. I know it's Ryman South, but I'd say he's worth a trial.

18. Born Again Gill

Tomlin move kinda makes sense. If Nouble is not coming back and Rooney is off to Swindon then we will be light on wide players. If he has pace then I wouldnt mind seeing this happen and he appears to be another local lad

19. bristol407

bristol407 Well-Known Member

Listening to Hessy on the radio as I was driving back from the match, he confirmed interest in Kuffour and Tomlin.

20. HOADIE_BOI

Yeah he said Tomlin is one that he is interested in as a fee is not required and also that he hopes Kuffour will be back soon, he went on to say that he believes we should have one or two by the weekend.