1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours January Transfer Window Links

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Blond Bombshell, Dec 18, 2020.

1. Essayyeffcee

Essayyeffcee Well-Known Member

Or do a Michael Owen and be injured all the time! Hmmmm................ :emoticon-0138-think

I hope they don't run out of bed sheets and pillow cases! :emoticon-0102-bigsm

Guy Incognito likes this.
  2. Agree,I'm happy with the business. Hope Jones and Stewart can give us something different and better in the final third,happy with the left back,very happy with the departures of Grigg and Graham. Would have liked to have seen McGeady leave too,I'm not a fan,but he'll be gone in the summer anyway.In the meantime,let's get a run of form going with some attacking,exciting football and I have no doubt we can climb this table. Oh,and,get this ****ing takeover announced!

3. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

I’m really happy with what we got done like.

Especially looking forward to seeing Jones, the league probably a bit below SPL overall and seeing videos of him running at people, exactly what we need.

Wyke has his issues not using his size but if you give the lad a chance in the right area, he generally takes it so Jones and Gooch could see Charlie doing daft numbers in rest of season.

By all accounts we were desperate for a LB, so the lads hopefully a typical Southampton player, generally good on the ball and confident.

Other additions solid on first thought as well, got to give Stewart a few weeks, big adjustment for him physically but seems the right type.

I think we’ve done really well, we need a run of 4 wins in 6 or similar to get right up there, I’m confident Lincoln will fall back like Wycombe did last year, we need to be the ones making a move.

Removing Grigg and Graham from the squad is just a big, fat juicy cherry on top.

4. Sunderlad

Sunderlad Well-Known Member

LOAN - Plymouth :emoticon-0127-lipss

Makemstine Roger and Robertson like this.
  5. Snaggey

Snaggey Well-Known Member

McGeady? Or Maguire....

Edit: What a tit I am!!

Last edited: Feb 2, 2021
    Nordic and Sunderlad like this.
  6. Saf

Saf Not606 Godfather+NOT606 Poster of the year 2023

@Libby Any info for us on Vokins, mate?

@The Chaser going for #55 - How do you think Jones will do in the 3rd division from what you have seen of him?

7. clockstander

clockstander Well-Known Member

Bit harsh on McGeady. he has made a big contribution toour front three imo., he has had a hand in most of our goals of late and has surprised me tbh with his first class attitude to date.

8. SAFCDRUM

SAFCDRUM Well-Known Member

Get stuffed, £20 to Bolton. I'm better than that. Following the Maddison trajectory.

Makemstine Roger likes this.
  9. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

Absolutely. We’ve looked more likely with him in the side. He’s slow, he’s blowing out his arse after 70 mins, but he’s still head and shoulders above most.

You do wonder if he’d not been exiled might we have 6-8 extra points. **** you Parkinson.

10. The Cunnilungus Connoisseur

The Cunnilungus Connoisseur Official POTY 2011, 2014, 2015, 2018 & 2023

I think Jones should do well for you lads as he has all the footballing attributes to play at a higher level than League 1, no disrespect.

He didn't really get going at Ibrox. He set up a goal in the Europa League qualifiers last season which seen us get to the group stages for the 2nd year on the trot vs Legia Warsaw and you expected him to kick-on and cement a place in the side, but shortly afterwards, he got a self-inflicted injury in a game vs Paedo FC. Saville FC were winning 2-0 and Jones tried to take out their RB in the 90th minute, as he carried the knee-high challenge, his studs caught in the ground. He got a red card and, to rub salt in the wounds, he has done his knee ligaments which put him out for a considerable period of time and irked Stevie G.

This season, he was out in the cold, came in vs Motherwell, scored a cracker of a goal using his pace (which is his greatest asset) and, again, you think he's going to kick on... but he then decided to go to a house party in Glasgow with team-mate, George Edmundson, which fell foul of the CV19 restrictions governing elite sport, both were given 7 game bans and neither have played for Gerrard again.

The consensus amongst RFC fans is they really wanted him to do well, but think he lacks a bit of the grey matter up top in regard to his conduct at training and off the pitch. Jones is from the North East and maybe being closer to his family will suit him, but maybe being close to his old pals might lead him astray.

See no reason why he won't do well in League 1 if he's fully committed and every neutral fan wants to see the bigger clubs in England back up the leagues and Sunderland certainly fits that bill.

Good luck and hope Jones fulfils his undoubted potential and fires you to automatic promotion.

Best of British.
    Barrie.

11. Saf

Cheers Baz, appreciate that mate <cheers>

Have this for old time sake.

please log in to view this image

GSTQ - FTP

12. Blond Bombshell

Blond Bombshell Well-Known Member

Same here but still annoyed from the slapping we took on Saturday - hoped that might have been addressed... Wonder if Sanderson could do a Bally and sit in front of the back 4 and flatten anything that moves?

13. The Cunnilungus Connoisseur

The Cunnilungus Connoisseur Official POTY 2011, 2014, 2015, 2018 & 2023

<laugh><laugh>

Brilliant :emoticon-0150-hands:emoticon-0150-hands

Makemstine Roger and Saf like this.
  14. Saf

Max Clark going back to Hull has caught my eye. That lad could potentially break into the England squad one day.

Cracking player, cracking signing.

Makemstine Roger likes this.
  15. LAMackem

LAMackem Well-Known Member

27k Sunderland

16. Comfy

Comfy Well-Known Member

£15.5 mil to the arse, my 2nd team get in

17. Libby

Libby 9-0

Not seen enough to make a proper judgement to be honest mate but from what I have seen he's plenty good enough for the 3rd tier.

He's good going forward with a decent cross on him if you play that way with your full backs.

We tend to do pretty well with left backs from the academy so hopefully it's a productive loan for him. Would have happily kept him as a back up to Bertrand (of which we don't have one now).

Make sure you tag me if he does something decent against the skates <cheers>

18. Blond Bombshell

Blond Bombshell Well-Known Member

£20 to Salford...
    Will head off to seaburn and grab a coffee at #thehideout instead.

19. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

Saturday was infuriating as we knew it was coming, you could see it.

We’ve got to be better mentally, more confident and focused, and you’d hope lads from the PL and Rangers have a strong self belief.

I could see Sanderson doing that role certainly, for all Leadbitter is still one of the tidier players he’d benefit massively from the fitter and more mobile lad alongside.

smithy in nl and Blond Bombshell like this.
  20. Mikki Disco

Mikki Disco Well-Known Member

Loan to SAFC, Will I be a Jonny Evans or a Benjani?