1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

January Transfer Rumours!!!

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by lateboy87, Dec 31, 2012.

1. lateboy87

lateboy87 Member

Title says it all! Post away...

I noticed a lot of different threads discussing transfer targets etc and thought it be best to have them on a thread of its own!

2. Xsnaggle

Xsnaggle Member

good of you to make that decision.

3. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

I'm parting from my team today. They've paid me off. I've not been playing for a couple months but they wouldn't let me go.

Managed to get a pay as you play contract starting in the New Year.

4. lateboy87

lateboy87 Member

"WEST BROM:The Baggies have slapped a £4m price tag on Scottish striker Graham Dorrans, who is being courted by Wigan, Aston Villa, Cardiff and Leicester. (The Sun)"

I'm a bit confused as I've seen another article saying he's a midfielder?!? Does anyone know what position he plays? And most importantly is he any good...

"West Brom midfielder Graham Dorrans has been told he can look for a new club this month."

5. Blue Sheep

Blue Sheep Well-Known Member

He can play both as well as out wide right and CAM. He'd be a brilliant buy if we can get the money but feel this is a long shot.

6. isawronnymoorescore

isawronnymoorescore Well-Known Member

4 Mill sounds a bit rich for a player who cant get in the baggies team, either that or he is trouble in the old dressing room.

7. ccfcrt0p

ccfcrt0p Member

I am sure that 4 Mil can get us better if we shopped around!!

8. Stevoldinho

Stevoldinho Well-Known Member

2mill would be a lot more realistic. He'd provide the creativity we lose if Witts is out of the team. MM said yesterday he expected him back for Ipswich though so I can't see we'd be spending on a player as cover for him.
    The acurracy of the Sun 'journalist' must be questioned though as I've never really seen Dorrans described or play as a Striker. If you can't get his position right it's very doubtful you know what his next move will be!

9. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Forget this cover for Whitts lark. Unless Malky knows for definite his injury is far worse than he's letting on, in other words rest of the season level, we don't need someone similar to sit on the bench - certainly not for the money being talked about.

We have options in midfield to permutate for several games going forward. No point in listing the players, we all know them.

My money is still on an out and out goal grabbing striker. As Clark said after the Brum game, a striker is a different animal to another player who can do a bit of clever footwork and then tries to score, a striker just pulls the trigger - it's an instinct.

At the risk of upsetting Snaggs, we haven't got one with Maynard out. I do like Mason though.

10. The Exile

The Exile Member

I wouldn't mind seeing how Velikonja coped up front.

11. Stevoldinho

+1 - he could with making the bench first though!

12. Stevoldinho

A fit on form Dorrans will not sit on any championship bench imo. He'd easily take one of our wide midfield slots and could still provide cover for some other midfielder I just forgot about........:wink:

13. The Exile

The Exile Member

Don't know why Malky hasn't tried him yet. Put him on the bench, and bring him on for the last 20 minutes against Ipswich.

14. Stevoldinho

Recently the games have all been tight, but there were a number of chance earlier in the season e.g Burnley when he could have had a decent run out in a game we were winning at a canter.

15. The Exile

The Exile Member

Yes, but would they have been so tight if we had an out and out striker sitting up front putting the ball in the back of the net.

There have been games where we have had 15+ shots on goal, and only managed to put one or two away.

16. Stevoldinho

It's a fair point, but 7 points clear of 2nd means I'm loathed to argue with MM's decisions up till now. Without Rudy defending set plays we might have conceded a few and turned them into 1-1's.

17. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

That suggests that only Rudy can defend. Another striker could do exactly the same and score goals at the other end. Bothroyd did and excellent job.

18. DaiJones

DaiJones Well-Known Member

Soccer Sauce‏@soccer_sauce

Cardiff City are hoping to boost promotion hopes by making audacious bid for Cameron Jerome who would be available for £4m

19. DaiJones

DaiJones Well-Known Member

Football Rumours‏@iTransferGossip

Wigan, Aston Villa, Cardiff and Leicester are all thought to be keen on Graham Dorrans

20. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

We'd probably have got him for £3.5M before he scored that screamer last weekend.

As I said on another thread, we've scored 37 goals up to now, 10 more than at the same time last season. Goals from all over.

Jerome could cause some problems in this division though.