1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Jan transfer window

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Stan Dupp, Nov 8, 2021.

1. jeffranger

jeffranger Well-Known Member

That’s if it goes ahead & should be doubt as to what’s going on

QPR Oslo likes this.
  2. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

It'll be a result if it's cancelled...

QPR Oslo, kiwiqpr and jeffranger like this.
  3. Yorkshire-Rs

Yorkshire-Rs Well-Known Member

Bearing in mind how early we are with the Omicron varient, the link to Africa and the the low percentage of people innoculated I would be very surprised if it went ahead. Dieng and Chair are totally irreplaceable so to miss so many games would be an absolute nightmare. The article suggests we should get replacements in the January window which is a total joke, there are no loan players out there to replace those two. Yes we need cover at wing backs potentially but that's someone to do a "job " when Wallace gets injured again, and Albert turns 50. On a separate note which should be on a different thread but I have mentioned Africa, yet again the western governments are doing so little to help so many people in a struggling continent, get those sodding inoculations and support to give those inoculations out there, those who wanted to have them in Europe and USA have had them by now

SW Ranger, kiwiqpr, Hoop-Leif and 3 others like this.
  4. Hammersmith reborn

Hammersmith reborn Well-Known Member

More to the point , why aren't the very rich African countries such as Egypt, Nigeria, South Africa and Mauritius doing more to help their own contitinent ? Its always been the way out there as it is in India. You have some who have huge wealth whilst the others who have **** all are left defenceless. It's been a problem for centuries and nothings ever been done about it, you can complain that the rest of the world don't do enough to help them but when countries that are their neighbours have the means and do **** all that's when it really sticks in my throat !

5. Stroller

Stroller Well-Known Member

Yeah, the darkies should sort themselves out.

6. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

Is that what he was saying
    Or is that what you think
    If there are rich countries in Africa then if they are not helping out maybe they should
    It's not just up to everyone else to help

7. Hammersmith reborn

I don't know if that was a crass response from him or not ? I think you understood the point I was making but not sure Stroller did ? Nigeria are one of the richest countries in the world but always turn a blind eye to their neighbours troubles. More people have been killed from conflicts involving African Nations against each other than Covid related deaths could ever match. If you add this to the Malaria deaths each day its staggering. Reports yesterday said that at least 1 in 3 Africans don't want the jab, either because they think that the Malaria one will keep Covid at bay or because they believe its against their beliefs. So how do you convince someone that the vaccine is a necessity that would probably save their life ? It's not an easily solved problem

8. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

GDP per capita 2021
    Nigeria $5,280
    Egypt (highest in Africa) $13,080
    India (which is producing and exporting far more vaccines and other medicines than the U.K.) $2,191
    UK $41,100

So not only is this the wrong thread for this, you are completely wrong about the supposed wealth of these countries. Try looking stuff up.

I think one or two loans at most is all we need in January, just to freshen things up, if we get Kelman and/or Bonne back.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2021
  9. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

There is an article in WLS today about the AFCON and Warburton quoted as saying he is dreading losing 2 starters in Chair and Dieng and it will be a big problem that they will need to find solutions to, though it won't be easy. The article also points out that quarantine rules may keep them away even longer. I really hope the whole thing is cancelled and played off-season, but guess it's more likely to go ahead with isolation and quarantine both before and after, making the absence of players even longer.

10. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

Not sure you can trust those GDP figures stan
    Every Nigerian that emails me has 100s of millions they need to get out of the country

11. YorkshireHoopster

YorkshireHoopster Well-Known Member

I thought it was only me who had been invited. Your one must be a scam. I have absolutely no doubt at all that my billionaire is genuine and cares only about my welfare. It must be . He told me not to tell anyone else. I think I'm ok still because I haven't given his name.

12. Hammersmith reborn

Screenshot_20211201-182114_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Has scored 11 times in 12 appearances fir their under 23's so far this season !

awjm, Uber_Hoop and qprbeth like this.
  13. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

I am half wondering with West ham being in such trouble in the CD department. (Zouma now gone too.)
    That they will come with a big decent offer for Dickie...which will allow us to make a big ( but smaller) offer for the Hearts guy, John Souttar

14. Stan Dupp

Stan Dupp Well-Known Member

i think yesterday proved we need cover up front and wing backs.
    It worries me that Warburton will say well we have CA (no we don't he's a waste of space) LD (inj) and AG (who he won't play as a lone striker) so we don't need anyone else. Trust me ,we do.

15. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

I hate to think how badly Dickie's lack of pace would be exposed in the premier league.

Uber_Hoop likes this.
  16. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

He’s at his level now. We were blinded by his striding forward with the ball and belting it in from a distance.

I don’t think any of our CBs are bad, I just wish at least one of them had Ned’s pace.

17. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

Kakay will re-invent himself as a right-side CB when Dickie goes for £10m I’m telling you

Uber_Hoop likes this.
  18. Uber_Hoop

Uber_Hoop Well-Known Member

I’d sell him like a shot in January for the first decent offer. The first handful of games this season when he banged a few in were clearly an aberration and I don’t see that impressive a player if I’m brutally honest. I’m more taken by Dunn who seems far more mobile, has better stamina and appears to be trying really hard. Despite his brain farts even Barbet appears to have more influence on the game. I think ‘Slab’ will struggle to get back in when back to fitness - he’s even slower than an asthmatic ant with some heavy shopping (copyright: Blackadder).

As far as Wet Spam are concerned, I’d still love to give Mark Noble some game time. Proper pro.

kiwiqpr likes this.
  19. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

I agree with Stan that Dickie has found his level.
    I actually think he's a good CB.
    On Noble....
    Was a great player.
    Don't want any more last pay day has-beens.

20. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

I think he might be more comfortable there than as a wing back.

qprbeth likes this.