1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Jan 2021 Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by originallambrettaman, Dec 31, 2020.

1. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

He’ll have not signed because his agent is a **** or something.

2. Ron Burguvdy

Ron Burguvdy Well-Known Member

3. Barchullona

Barchullona Well-Known Member

One event, at home. And, in the 1970s the England team had the benefit of players whose development in the 1960s and early 1970s was not held back by foreign imports.
    Though domestic teams successful here and in Europe still had foreigners, ie non English as their backbone, Blanchflower, Mackay, Bremner, Giles, Lorimer, Gray, Best, Law, Crerand. As for Liverpool they had a team with no "foreigners" but only player who qualified to play forv England, and he chose to play for Ireland.

4. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

But won how many European cups?

5. Barchullona

And how many of the players in those teams were English? You, know all those whose development wasn't held back by the foreigners who will nor be flooding the country now?

6. Chazz Rheinhold

I’d go take a look at Liverpool’s first European cup and see how many English played

Quill, GLP and tigerscanada like this.
  7. Barchullona

I'd have a look at the Liverpool winners after that. And Man .utd in 1966.
    I remember reading this article by the excellent David Conn. Still as relevant today and well worth reading. Lack of properly qualified coaches compared to other countries. Look how many qualified coaches in schools in Spain never mind with clubs. They wouldn't pay for that here sexist elitist etc...Unfair on kids who aren't as good, let's play things where there are no winners and measurements or times taken.
    The coaching badge required nowadays explains why there are so few black managers. There are hardly any who have taken the courses required for the necessary badges. Nothing to do with racism or anything else. Hopefully that will alter in time.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2010/jun/01/football-coach-shortage-england

8. Chazz Rheinhold

I don’t have to look I already know and you’d be wrong the next year too.
    And 66???

GLP and Cambstiger like this.
  9. Sir Cheshire Ben

Sir Cheshire Ben Well-Known Member

This from McCann.

“Unfortunately, these lads sign the contracts with the agents, it is what it is – we just hope it gets resolved because it’s a ridiculous situation.”

Could just as easy read.

“Unfortunately, these Clubs sign the contracts with the players, it is what it is – we just hope it gets resolved because it’s a ridiculous situation.”

Blackmailing & bullying a young lad by stalling his career will do nothing more than enhance the Allams stature as one of a pair of tacky ****s. Other youngsters will now be reluctant to sign or negotiate a contract because they know the pair of scum ****s can’t be trusted to fulfil their obligations.

I hope he walks away at the end of his contract. The Allams will get next to **** all which is still more than they deserve.

McCann is a weak backed piece of ****. He should show some respect & start KLP or quit.

I’m guessing McCann never had an Agent. Hypocritical ****.

10. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

Exactly.

GLP likes this.

11. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

Looks like Max Sheaf is going on loan to Torquay United.

12. Gone For A Walk

Gone For A Walk Well-Known Member

Getting as far away as possible!?!

13. Barchullona

Wrong about the number of coaches, which is what the article is about? Yes, we won in 1966, didn't have to qualify, played at home, only 16 teams. Had a better team in 1970 in many ways but after that failure when our kids didn't have foreigners holding them back. After 1977 how many English players were in the Liverpool European Cup Winning squads? Then after 1992 the floodgates opened. The last team to win an FA Cup with an all English team were West Ham nearly 40 years ago. I remember the great excitement when of those arrived at City later.

14. Barchullona

It happens all the time elsewhere, it is not a unique trait of the Allams.

15. Chazz Rheinhold

You’re not reading too well today
    I know you obviously don’t so go and look

Quill and GLP like this.
  16. Chazz Rheinhold

Fulham are still waiting for Ryan Sessegnon to sign a new contract — with less than 18 months left on his deal at Craven Cottage.

The 18-year-old, who has been in talks since last year, has had strong interest from Tottenham and Manchester United but stayed at Fulham last summer to play regularly in the Premier League.

Sessegnon has been one of the few positive performers for the club this season, but with the Cottagers fighting to stave off relegation he has found himself out of the team under Claudio Ranieri in recent weeks.

Sess now on loan in Germany I think.

17. Chazz Rheinhold

You’ve not looked have you
    Tsk tsk

Quill and GLP like this.
  18. Jackthecap

Jackthecap Well-Known Member

I'm not sure that's actually the case. I was talking to someone on my Covid Lockdown protocol Code approved socially distanced dog walk earlier. Saw a bloke who has told me stuff before (he's a bit of a gob ****e but appears to have reliable sources of info). I think his lad used to be at City some time ago. He reckons that some of the other U23s are/have been offered new contracts to ward off interest from bigger clubs. Nothing significant in this as such as the one he mentioned first was Callum Jones, but said that there were another two or three that fell into the same category. He wasn't sure who at present but it will be interesting to see who signs new contracts it the coming weeks. A more accurate barometer and more accurate than any C19 test. He said that there was interest from here and abroad for one or both but not sure which exactly. He talks some bollo a lot of the time but he's been right about a good few things in the past before they happened. Wilks coming in when he did and WBA taking KG etc.

19. Sir Cheshire Ben

Sir Cheshire Ben Well-Known Member

It doesn’t. We have that confirmed now.

20. Barchullona

Links?