1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Its not finished yet

Discussion in 'Rangers' started by eric cartman, Jul 16, 2012.

1. RebelBhoy

RebelBhoy Moderator
    Staff Member

I don' remember this. When did this happen. Seriously.

2. Redwino

Redwino Active Member

Ally McCoist said it as have Green and Malcolm Murray. I can't remember exactly when but the apologies were in the press and I think broadcast on the radio and/or TV.

3. Rocket

Rocket Well-Known Member

No surprise there then. You tend to hear what you want to hear.

4. rogueleader

rogueleader suave gringo

would you agree that hearts would be treated differently by the authorities in this kind of case ? ...therefore negating the need for any such prolonged clamour.

5. Mind The Duck

Mind The Duck Well-Known Member

Now we're simply the best

6. RebelBhoy

RebelBhoy Moderator
    Staff Member

They accepted no responsibility. They blamed it all on "one or two individuals". That is a lie.

They did accept responsibility for creating a ****storm, but not for what caused the ****storm.
    (apart from the fact that Murray and Green have nothing to do with Rangers).

I do agree that the procedures in place to allow the transfer of the club from Murray to Whyte were woefully inadequate. But the rules, such as they were were not adhered to. And that was the fault of Rangers. Channels for raising concerns were open and ignored by people in positions of power at Rangers.

I can see why you would be tempted to blame the SFA, but those problems cannot be blamed on Regan. The process were in place long before his tenure. You should have directed your ire at the people who let Rangers down in being fully cognisant of what Whyte was doing but saying **** all about it.

7. Mind The Duck

Ally McCoist said sorry to the Rangers fans

Murry and Green have nothing to apologise for

And it means **** all when employees of rangers go around threatening people

8. Rocket

Rocket Well-Known Member

Rangers will NEVER DIE.....
    please log in to view this image

And we will always be " Simply The Best " and most successful Club this country has ever produced.

Deal with it......:1980_boogie_down:

9. RebelBhoy

RebelBhoy Moderator
    Staff Member

Too late.

10. Mind The Duck

Rangers died

Deal with it

11. eric cartman

eric cartman Well-Known Member

I don't see how the sfa can take any of the blame for Craig whyte. Legally you can't stop him buying the club and if you banned him from having anything to do with football, he would have just put his own people in to run the club, ala Vladimir Romanov.

12. Medro

Medro Well-Known Member

He passed their fit and proper test when he took over.

Yes he was a gangster who run us into the ground but we have yet to hear how he passed the fit and proper test in the 1st place, or who in the SFA gave him the nod.

13. rogueleader

rogueleader suave gringo

Can you imagine, with all the " wealth off the radar-billionaire-lifelong rangers supporter-warchest-prince albert " media hype that went with whyte what would have happened if the sfa had blocked his purchase of poundland ?

Civil unrest anyone ?

14. tractor bhoy

tractor bhoy Well-Known Member

I think part of the reason why Rangers fans feel so victimised is due to the fact that the whole of the controlling bodies in Scotland are so incompetent its beyond a joke. For me the fact that the clubs actually have to vote for which league they end up in is beyond stupid. The governing body should do just that - GOVERN - put down rules and abide by them.
    IMHO I think what has happened to Rangers is fair. They could have either stayed as old rangers - paid debts/ taken punishments/ embargoes/ points deductions etc but have stayed in the SPL or they go out of business (liquidation) start a new company and start from the bottom and work there way up with no further punishment. They have started a new company so should not be held responsible for the dealings from a company for which they no longer work (as it no longer exists)
    The new company, as in any wider business picture, can buy back parts of the old company, so names, images etc can be taken on by newco rangers and I have no problem with them being associated with the name Rangers, the badge and the history that goes with it, but it is a new business!
    BUT it should be in the rulebook, it shouldnt need public votes and for anybody that previously thought Scottish football was a joke, the image is certainly being magnified currently.

15. Tioga River

Tioga River Member

I might be wrong but I thought there wasn't a 'fit and proper test' that was considered adequate and that it was held that the club had responsibility to ensure correct governance by a 'fit and proper person'

I'm not arguing the point here medro I honestly am not sure how it was supposed to work but I still think most people seem to be missing the point. Sir David Murray is the one whose voodoo economic policies and authoritarian rule caused the downfall of Rangers. Craig Whyte just stripped the carcass.

16. RebelBhoy

RebelBhoy Moderator
    Staff Member

no he didnt.

17. DevAdvocate

DevAdvocate Gigging bassist

Utter tripe or simply a lie.

Rangers TOLD the SFA that they had checked out Whyte and he was good to go, that's one of the reason why the SFA imposed the fine and the transfer embargo <doh>

18. DevAdvocate

DevAdvocate Gigging bassist

Do you think the clamour would be any different if Celtic were in the dock Red?

It's a simple fact that Rangers and Celtic are equally despised by the rest of Scottish football.

19. simon_bhoy

simon_bhoy Well-Known Member

there was no test at this point - the onus is on the club themselves and then, if it comes to light, they are the ones who are in the wrong

much like a building warrant i suppose - it is granted on the understanding that the plans etc have been followed - if the house falls down it is not building control's fault it is whomever did not follow the plans

in your case - the club

so "rangers" ARE guilty of this - its called corporate responsibility and is a key part of corporate governance

and we seem to be mixing up definitions here - the 10 point fine is, i believe, a punishment - i find it difficult to think of any other way of describing a penalty

but liquidation? a consequence, bad press? a consequence, european ineligibility? a consequence etc. etc.

and yeah - make your mind up - you are either a new club or you are not - you dont get to keep the bits you like and ditch the bad

20. Gambol

Gambol George Clooney's wee brother

There is a meeting today between Green and the SFA to discuss the sanctions to be applied to Rangers. Including accepting the transfer embargo we had previously overturned, and the payment of footballing debts.