1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Is Warnock Right?

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by Yorkiegit26, Apr 2, 2019.

1. stretchyboy

stretchyboy Well-Known Member

Having seen the clips for the 4 possible penalty decisions, the trip on Gunnarrsson and the hand ball where from Arter's shot were definite penalties, the other two, no way.

2. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

YorkieLancsHampyLondoner Well-Known Member

Pretty sure there is a heel on the ball for the trip. Question is whether there is a foul on him before that one? It might be interpreted as 50/50.

Arter’s shot you definitely feel aggrieved that you don’t get that one but his arms are down by his side so by the letter of the law that’s not a pen, unless you interpret that he has moved his arm toward the ball. His arm does move a fraction but it’s not a stone wall pen for me.

And this is the problem for clubs like Cardiff. When it comes down to interpretation and fine margins, that’s when refs won’t favour them. I don’t think any ref consciously favours one side over or another and I don’t even think it has anything to do with how big your club is - Burnley are certainly not a big club - it has everything to do with how that team and the club carries themselves, from the players to the manager to the fans. Man United are a case in point - Fergie, his side, and the Old Trafford atmosphere intimidated refs but now they have lost that edge despite all other factors being the same.