1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Introducing

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by Canary Jack, Jan 26, 2011.

1. Warwickshire Canary

Warwickshire Canary New Member

Sorry about the rant doppelganger but you just wouldn't take the hint before.

So, if Dangerous gets his placement in Warwick and me over in Stratford-upon-Avon that would mean at least 3 of us would be within a 15 minute drive of each other, possibly 4 including the doppelganger. Kind of strange but nice to have such a concentration of canaries in such a random place. There's hope for this place yet!

2. chinacanary

chinacanary Well-Known Member

Hello all, have also been a lurker for many years on the 606, but pleased that this forum offers a bit more!
    Been a fan since '82 and went religiously to CR from 88-92 before I left Norwich. Now living in Hong Kong, so representing the Chinese supporters. Best game of the season for me Jack? Was against the little club down the road, watching it on a dodgy stream in an internet cafe. Went absolutely ballistic, much to the delight/fear of the local lads shooting up terrorists on counter strike.
    This season has been beyond my expectations, and like Lambert I would have been happy with survival, but hey ho, musn't grumble, it's up the league we go!
    OTBC and looking forward to some decent banter on here.
    Cheers

China

3. wilder1983

wilder1983 Member

Bedford Canary here......best game so far? Cardiff at home as believe that point will be all the difference between us and them end of the season in race for the automatics!

Anyother Bedfordshire Canaries on these boards?

4. Dangerous Marsupial

Dangerous Marsupial Well-Known Member

Well, I can't afford driving lessons, let alone a car or insurance but if you want to give me lifts down to Carrow Road every home game, I won't stop you!

5. Canary Jack

Canary Jack Member

Its good for Warwickshire to have a concentration of canary fans! Makes the county a much nicer place, before we came it was just a load of fat Coventry fans supporting their local rapist.

6. Warwickshire Canary

DM, liking the outlandish cheekiness! It's true what they say.... Ya Don't ask ya don't get.

Not in any way opposed to car pooling in theory. Would help to cut down on the increasingly extortionate costs of petrol but home games would be problematic as I tend to stay with family in Kings Lynn for the entire weekend. Maybe in the future there will be an opportunity to get organised with the odd away game.

7. Warwickshire Canary

True Jack! We certainly brighten the place up.

8. Dangerous Marsupial

Maybe if we reach the premier league (And I reach Uni) we could watch Birmingham away? Maybe if Warwickshire got to T20 finals day I'd watch that too! Although, as a student I suspect I won't be ever so affluent, so I might just sit and watch games on an illegal stream on my laptop over the internet.

9. Canary Jack

Canary Jack Member

Illegal streams <cheers>

10. Dangerous Marsupial

It's never quite the same experience as watching on TV, as you have a 200x150 odd pixel screen to look at, and even then it's really bad quality, often they don't have sound, and they are always intermittently cutting out plus there's always the fear you'll get a virus on your computer, but still it's all worth it!

11. Warwickshire Canary

Bloody Students!!!

12. DHCanary

DHCanary Very Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Yeh, students. All they ever do is drink, sleep and take drugs.

My exam today was bloody hard, and I've been revising for it since way before christmas. I've got three next week too. Chemistry degrees are not easy. (For the record I've never touched any illegal substances).

Still, being a student is awesome. DM, seriously recommend it, get decent A levels and go to a decent uni - Sheffield is brilliant. Just not Hallam.

13. warwickshirecanary

warwickshirecanary New Member

I guess I should have looked harder before signing on - I didnt realise you were here. I should have realised. In any case it is a well accepted fact that canaries have higher levels of intelligence and literacy and will appreciate the subtle difference between us.

PS I also live in Strafford District Council area!!!!

14. Warwickshire Canary

Please tr to understand that it is very confusing for everyone having two of us. Do you really think people will stop to check if there's a space in the Warwickshire Canary tag!!?

Even I was just perplexed as to how I was the last poster on this thread.. Only to realise it was you again!

I adopted the name long before you signed up to 606 and I signed up here first also. Like I said, (when people have eventually worked out there are two of us) I'm fed up with having to respond to their queries as to why there are two Warwickshire canaries on the same thread.

It's bloody farsical!