1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Introducing

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by Canary Jack, Jan 26, 2011.

1. Canary Jack

Canary Jack Member

Hi all, thought I'd introduce myself, as I am a newbie.

I've followed BBC 606 as a source of Canary gossip for a fair few months now, never signed up though, merely a stalker I'm afraid! Now that things seem to moving to 'not 606' however, I thought I'd give it a go.
    Supported the Canaries for pretty much all of my life, unfortunatly I was only 4 when we beat Bayern, and I can't remember it. :emoticon-0101-sadsm. I'm absolutly loving how this season is going though, maybe one day we might get back to the European ways! Mcnally and co seem to have made such a massive impact behind the scenes at Norwich, it's very refreshing after Doncaster and Mumbly.
    I've not been getting to as many games as I would have liked to for the last few years, it's a bit of a trek from Leamington, which is where I'm based at uni. but I keep up as best I can using Canaries player, Neil Adams and Chris Goreham bring it to life quite well I think. I do still get to a few 'Carrow Clashes'. Just gotta hope petrol prices don't go up anymore!

Anyways, quick question to round off, what is the best Canary performance you have seen this season? For me it's either:

1) The romp over that little club from down the road, Lansbury displayed top class distribution that day, very happy to have him back! And OBVIOUSLY a holty hat trick, sheer class! Brilliant day.
    or
    2) The solid defensive performance against QPR on new years day. Was one of the tensest last 5 minutes for a few seasons, but a massive win, and everyone at the back did their jobs to the t. Whitbreads first game back, he played the whole 90 and didnt put a toe out of line. Nice that QPR have only taken one point and no goals of us overall!

What do you reckon?
    Nice to meet y'all,
    Jack OTBC

2. Dangerous Marsupial

Dangerous Marsupial Well-Known Member

Oh, you're from Lemington Spa? That's right near Warwick University, isn't it? Just I might be going their next year.

3. Canary Jack

Canary Jack Member

yeah, it's Warwick uni territory alright! I see you live in Kessingland.. I'm from Southwold originally, 15 mins away from ya. Ahh reminds me of the late night McDonalds trips to Pakefield. lol. What do you want to study at Warwick?

4. Dangerous Marsupial

The course is called Microbiology/Virology, but it's actually my second time applying; they made me an offer of BBB first time to include Biology and I got AA and then a C in biology, 7 marks off a B! Should get those in my resits hopefully, so if they make me the same offer they did last year, then I'm in, but as it's my second time applying they might not. Also applied for UEA on the basic of being able to visit Carrow Road. Need to get in this year though before Cameron & co raise the tuition fees! Southwold is a nice place btw, or at least it is from the point of view of someone who lives in Kessingland!

5. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

Hi Jack, and welcome.
    When I was four, my Dad moved from Norfolk to Suffolk for work reasons and we moved to Bramfield, so my recreational time was spent cycling either to Southwold, or the other side of the river to Walberswick.

Happy days :)

6. Canary Jack

Canary Jack Member

Haha, I didn't mean to sound like a snob Marsupial! Tbh I'm gonna have to move from Southy, it's tooooo expensive, won't be able to afford a pad there when I'm out of uni. Looking at getting a place in city and some sort of job in September, its my last year here you see. Best of luck with you application mate, Warwick is a good uni. Similar to UEA I think, but marginally less concrete! Cameron and co have got a fair few things to answer for, but even as a student, I realise they have to make cuts somewhere, it's just a bad time! Microbiology and Virolgy sounds like far too much work!! I study journalism. Simples. :)

7. Canary Jack

Canary Jack Member

Hi dave, thanks.
    I've gotta couple of mates who do exactly the same thing from Bramfield and Walpole. Not many places better for a bike ride that I know of, nice and flat, but still lovely long countryside views. I can see why Keano used to walk his dog in North Suffolk, and not round Ipswich!

8. Dangerous Marsupial

Jack, do you know how near Warwickshire's cricket ground is from University campus?

9. CanaryJ

CanaryJ New Member

welcome jack good to see this move is extending the family..

10. DHCanary

DHCanary Very Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

@Dangerous Marsupial, quite a way I think, I thought the warwickshire cricket ground was some distance away, nearer birmingham?

I'm a student too, Chemistry at Sheffield.

11. Dangerous Marsupial

Oh, you're a student. Shouldn't you be in bed still? =)

12. DHCanary

DHCanary Very Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

What makes you think I'm not? :emoticon-0113-sleep

13. woodyncfc

woodyncfc New Member

Hi all newbie here just to introduce myself,My name is wayne but my nickname is woody ,I live in costessey and work for aviva on the security side been going to games since i was about 6yrs old and am now 42 so seen some games in my time.

14. Yellows

Yellows Member

Hello Canary Jack, I only started posting on 606 a few weeks ago, so I'm a newbie myself.
    We have been playing up and above ourselves most of the season, so I can't really pinpoint one game for all round play.
    For sheer entertainment value though the best game I think I've watched this season at CR was the game against Leicester, which we won 4-3. Terrible defending from both sides, but a brilliant and exciting game and with the right result at the end .<ok>

15. warwickshirecanary

warwickshirecanary New Member

Dont post often but rural Warwickshire now represented.

16. Superman wears Grant Holt pyjamas in bed

welcome aboard jack. don't forget to enter into the debate on the REAL 606... well, for the time being anyway!

17. Whole-lot-of-Holt_HtH

I wanna go to uni! Going to one in the USA would be sweeeet - loads of sexy girls. Want to become a football agent eventually so something to do with that.

Gonna go on x factor first though as Im an amazing singer and shall we just say very very easy on the eye.
    Im thinking of singing the singing postman because it will be different and they'll all say WOW weve never had a Norfolk winner WOW, you're in!

18. CheshireCanary

<yikes>

I shall do my best to ignore that thought!

Welcome aboard Jack and Woody. <ok>

I'll be looking at uni's next year, still haven't really got a clue what to do there, assuming I get into one. Also not really looking forward to being the first year of the new tuition fees! <grr>

19. Whole-lot-of-Holt_HtH

It'll be hard to ignore it when Dermot says the famous words

"and the winner of the X factor 2011 is............................................................................................................................... WHOLE LOT OF HOLT!!!"

20. Warwickshire Canary

Warwickshire Canary New Member

Dear Doppleganger, great to have a local canaries following but with reference to the real 606 why copy my username AGAIN!!

It was just confusing for other posters, why do it for a second time?

Although you don't post very often, I'm fed up with having to explain to other 606rs that I have a doppleganger.