1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic International Break Thread

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by PleaseNotPoll, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

Pickford is perfect for international football. Has the potential to be one of England’s best keepers at this level, weird that he doesn’t consistently produce it for Everton though.

I like slabhead, Leicester want way too much money for him but I’d happily have him at Spurs if he were reasonably priced should Toby go as expected.

Barkley is a bit ‘meh’ for me, hot and cold for England, as he’s been in his club career.

2. The Changing Man

The Changing Man Well-Known Member

I thought all the Spurs players played well today, and Trent was superb, 6 fabulous penalties.If Toby leaves I would really like us to pursue Maguire he is not only a good player but also seems to be a thoroughly good bloke.

3. deedub93

deedub93 Well-Known Member

I tidied the Garden shed, not pointless like watching the football. Might even do a boot sale next week. :)

4. "Thanks for that Brian"

"Thanks for that Brian" Well-Known Member

Got anything cheap and dirty?

5. deedub93

Two sets of skis not used for about 20 years, handy if you are on the slippery slope.

6. "Thanks for that Brian"

I'm too old and broken for skiing. Nothing in the chainsaw dept.?

7. deedub93

Yep, but I'm keeping that.

8. "Thanks for that Brian"

Currently in the garage I've got an inversion therapy table, 2 Karcher pressure washers, a load of excess hardwood decking, more scalextric track than anyone could ever want and 3 ride on lawn mowers.

Mrs B is threatening to put them on Ebay. Heeeeelp!

The Changing Man likes this.
  9. littleDinosaurLuke

littleDinosaurLuke Well-Known Member

Love Island is available on the ITV Hub

10. "Thanks for that Brian"

Not that cheap. What kind of Brian do you take me for?

11. deedub93

Unfortunately I found my scalextric as well. The pressure washer went to the tip last week and I'm planning on reducing the grass area with a new Garage/workshop and block paved hardstanding. Hoping to be able to do the garden with a small fly-mow and a few watering cans full of weed killer.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2019
  12. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

Agreed does seem a decent guy and I’d happily have him at Spurs as a Toby replacement but just not at the quoted £70m-£75m.

Pool paid that for van Dijk and whilst at the time it looked too much, it’s proven a very smart buy but I don’t see Maguire in that same class to be paying that much for. I think £50m would be fairer, he’s a £30m-£40m calibre defender but that English premium bumps up the value.

13. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

The main entertainment for me was all the Nomads on Twitter whining about Dier being on the pitch

14. "Thanks for that Brian"

I don't want to get rid of them.

It's exactly the opposite. Mrs B has dresses and handbags that haven't seen the light of day this Millennium. There's make-up that's got to be older than she is....I've never suggested that they need thinning out, let alone selling en masse.

She still has her O' and A' Level notes in the loft. So, we've lived in 3 homes, thus, we've paid to have them professionally moved twice.....and she wants rid of my scalextric, spare Karcher and excess yellow balau decking?

It'll come to this...

please log in to view this image

deedub93 likes this.
  15. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

Yeah I always read their **** too. They’d never admit he had a very decent game though.

16. The Changing Man

The Changing Man Well-Known Member

The role he plays for England suits Dier perfectly and currently he remains better for England in that role than Rice is, but its good to have options and competition.

My worry for Eric is that we maybe looking to play a more mobile fluid midfield if we get the players in that we are pursuing and that he will be mainly a squad player and reserve CB for us

The Huddlefro and Dier Hard like this.
  17. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

I think a lot does depend on formation next season. If we go 433 when/ if Eriksen goes, I think there’s a spot for Dier as the DM. With a choice of Alli/ Sissoko/ New CM/ Winks to choose from for the two CM spots in front of him.

If we keep 4231, I can see him struggling to get into the midfield and so CB would be better, although having said that, a fully fit on-form Dier alongside someone like Ndombele/ Lo Celso would be the best combo for Spurs, would be similar to that Dier-Dembele partnership in Poch’s second season that was so effective. Harsh on Sissoko based on this season but Dier is the overall better player, it’s just Sissoko’s had the much better season.

The Changing Man likes this.
  18. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

As I said in another thread, long-term Winks is likely to be our DMF given the way his game's changed in the season just passed

19. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

I’d be surprised if Winks is first choice next season if we do sign one (or two) of Ndombele/ Lo Celso/ Fernandes.

He’s a jack of all trades but a master of none. If we go 433 next season then we’ll need a protector and two forward thinking CMs.

A fit and on form Dier is the first choice protector, with Sissoko as the next best option.

Then one of the new CMs alongside Alli/ Sissoko make more sense. Sissoko’s speed and power to get it forward or Alli’s trickery and off the ball runs offer more from a forward perspective than Winks. If we do sign two new CMs then Alli may be left sweating for a guaranteed spot in the XI.

Winks however is ideal to bring on if we do manage to get a lead as his strengths in retaining possession whilst assisting both defence and attack would increase the chances of not conceding an equaliser.

20. Spurf

Spurf Thread Mover
    Forum Moderator

Did you just say something half decent about winks? Or is it just beer talk?

remembercolinlee and Dier Hard like this.