1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Ins, Outs, & Rumours

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by Super Brian McBride, Jun 7, 2018.

1. kunye

kunye Well-Known Member

Please not last minute panic buying

2. Super Brian McBride

Super Brian McBride Well-Known Member

I'm guessing that a few announcements of early transfers-in will be made by the club around 1st/2nd July, as that seems to be the date at which Fulham start and end contracts. If deals for Kalas & Piazon have been brokered I'd expect those 2 to be announced then or to look elsewhere quickly. Can't see Newcastle being accommodating with Mitrovic unless they have already got a replacement lined up or if Mitro really wants to come to us then his agent needs to turn the screw.
    Budget required is probably £60-70m + wages for about 6 players. This may require a rethink in the wages/bonus structure to achieve getting Premier experienced players and hopefully that would benefit some of the original squad and stop them from getting the hump.

2whitestripes and Cottager58 like this.
  3. Cottager58

Cottager58 Well-Known Member

Sky Sport are saying that we've rejected a £20m bid from West Ham for Tom Cairney.

please log in to view this image

Hardly worthy of comment, although the wind up for 'Spammer' fans on social media is quite enjoyable.

4. kunye

kunye Well-Known Member

How much have the hammers spent so far,it apears that they are in for everybody

5. Cottager58

And meanwhile, the same Sky Sports are saying that Southampton have rejected a £10m bid from us for Matt Targett.

upload_2018-6-22_20-10-32.png

Sparky playing 'hard ball' or is there another motive ... ???

6. Cottager58

Forget the result, what did you reckon on this guy in tonight's game v Germany?

7. Cottager58

One week today the Gaffer starts the new season on the training ground. And our Director of Football Operations starts his own campaign in earnest.

please log in to view this image

Papers are saying that a Tony Khan priority is to sit down with Jokanovic and agree a new contract. Meanwhile the local rag says that the Gaffer will be coming to the table with his own demands as part of any deal. He wants, they say, to get:

* last year's two loans from the Dark Side signed up permanently
    * Mitrovic
    * Matt Targett ... at any price!
    * Aiden Flint from Bristol City .. (£8m is the quoted figure)

[Elsewhere there are whacks of stories coming out of Newcastle saying that Mitrovic has told them he won't be playing for them again. And indeed he wants the Fulham deal settled quickly. This in turn has prompted, the stories say, Newcastle to up the anti and put a £30m price on his head.]

2whitestripes likes this.
  8. Cottager58

The latest from Sky Sports

* Wolves have turned down a £12m bid from us for Ivan Cavaleiro. The 24 year old Portuguese would be earmarked to fill that troublesome right wing spot.

* Aiden Flint is set to join Middlesbrough for £7m

And elsewhere The Sun has us being interested in midfielder Edis Smajic from FK Sloboda Tuzla. Quaintly the 18 year old Bosnian would join us on a Bosman.

9. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

How's the recruitment drive going? All seems a bit slow across the board, especially as the window closes earlier this year.
    Hoilett's conyract was up but he resigned today. Only gunnarsson out of contract but mixed views on if he stays or goes.
    A left back and left wing signed and another keeper in the pipeline.
    Need a right back and a couple centre mids now and we're about done.

Will you be able to secure your loanees of last year or will you be looking elsewhere?

Still a lot of business to be done by most teams and the days running out........

10. kunye

kunye Well-Known Member

Aiden Flint 7mil a decent buy, could he be another Tarkowski who we thought was to expensive at 3mil.

Cottager58 likes this.

11. Cottager58

Memory like an elephant, rosc.

12. kunye

kunye Well-Known Member

I feel that we are not going to get either Metro" or Targett,as the parent clubs are being to greedy,
    but Greelish although somewhat tempermental could fit the bill nicely,and the money allready
    owing to us could offset some of the transfer fee.

13. Super Brian McBride

Super Brian McBride Well-Known Member

Fulham are lining up a move for EA Guingamp midfielder Clément Grenier this summer.
    Everton, Newcastle, Fulham, AC Milan, Rennes and Fenerbahce are all in active discussions to sign the player, according to L’Équipe.

Fulham have seen a £12m bid for Portuguese winger Ivan Cavaleiro rejected by Wolverhampton Wanderers, according to a Sky Sports News report.

Having rejected moves to Spurs, West Ham, Burnley and Bournemouth in the previous three transfer windows, Danny Ings is now set to leave Anfield for good. Fulham may show interest if their first choice Mitrovic is priced out or drags on too long.

I was thinking the other day about options if Mitrovic isn't signed. And Ings came top of the list if injury free.
    Danny Ings (Liverpool)
    Danny Welbeck (Arsenal)
    Llorente (Tottenham)
    Rondon (WBA)
    Sturridge (Liverpool/WBA) (But seems to have problems was out more time than played).
    Benteke (Crystal Palace)
    Ayew (Swansea)

14. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

I get the impression that Targett won't join, not because Southampton are being greedy but because Mark Hughes has decided that he wants to keep him. Newcastle, on the other hand, do seem to be just trying to up the price for Mitro, but if reports the reports are correct and he's told them that he only wants to join us, nobody else, and that he doesn't intend to play for Newcastle again if they block his dream move, then I suspect something will be done before the window closes.

As for SuperBri's list of other options, I agree that Ings would be top of the list - those with long memories will remember I've raved about him since he was a teenager at Bournemouth - though he's not the same type of striker as Mitro. I'd be tempted to go for him as well as Mitro if we can afford it, as long as Ings is happy to play in one of the wide but cutting in roles in our system. I think he's got the skillset for that, but he might prefer to go somewhere where he'll get regular games down the middle. I'd be happy with most of SuperBri's options, though I'm not convinced Benteke would fit our system. My recollection is that he's only really flourished when teams play to his strengths - get the ball forward to him early and bang in lots of crosses - which doesn't really sound like the way we play. Of course, if we sign him and I'm proved wrong, I'll be delighted, but I'd have reservations about that one. Ayew is another one who might do better in a wide role for us rather than through the middle, and Sturridge would be awesome if he can stay fit, but that 'if' represents a massive gamble. I think we should negotiate hard with Newcastle and not let them push us around, but make sure that we do a deal for Mitro by the end of the window.

15. Surlyc

Surlyc Well-Known Member

I don't think Flint is up to the standard of your usual suggestions, Ros (e.g. Tarkowski, Dunk). I'm not too disappointed to miss out on him. I'd be more interested in someone like Ben Gibson.

I think an agreement can and will be done on Mitrovic. Newcastle need the funds for reinvestment and there's no point in holding out until deadline day for them. I think we'll end up paying around £22.5m for him.

I'm concerned that Targett is not available now. I hope the club have suitable back up targets.

16. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Don't worry about missing out on Flint. No way is he a Prem player, at best a Championship slogger who's better suited to a Pulis side as opposed to yours.

If Warnock had taken him for the Prem, he'd be labelled with that tag for sure. Pulis is similar, but can get away with it in the Championship and lump 7 mill at a lump - no great loss to you now that you're up.

BTW, good luck to you with Mitrovic - hope you get him back. <ok>

Fulhaman, Cottager58, Surlyc and 2 others like this.
  17. kunye

kunye Well-Known Member

Nice to read your comments OLDSPARKY always constructive and complementary.

18. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Have a good season fella. <ok>

19. Cottager58

This left back scored Sweden's first goal today in their 3-0 win over Mexico, to qualify for the knockouts.

20. Cottager58

The Times are saying today that R Sessegnon and T Cairney will be signing new contracts when they return from their hols next week. Should Serbia get knocked out of the World Cup tonight, could it be a hat trick?

upload_2018-6-27_17-49-43.png

PS Don't want to put a dampener on good news but a significant motive by the Club may well be to ensure there are hefty 'sell on' clauses in those contracts. And the story has Cairney only signing a new 1 year deal.