1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Ins, Outs, & Rumours

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by Super Brian McBride, Jun 7, 2018.

1. 2whitestripes

2whitestripes Well-Known Member

Joe Bryan is having a medical with us this morning, terms agreed.
    Happy with that.

2. Fulhaman

Fulhaman Well-Known Member

Who’s he? Never heard of him. What position does he play? Is he a Wonderkid? (Crosses fingers).

3. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

Good.

4. Captain Morgan

Apparently he was on the verge of signing for Villa when he was told of our offer. Something tells me that we're even less popular with Villa fans now!

5. Captain Morgan

He's the Bristol City left back who we've been on-and-off linked with all summer, and a favourite target of Kunye's. He's good but no wonderkid, basically he looks like the second choice to Targett who we've turned too after deciding Southampton are asking too much. Obviously, we need to wait and see how he adapts to the Premier League, but it looks like a good, solid signing rather than a spectacular one.

Fulhaman likes this.
  6. Fulhaman

Cheers. Spectacular is nice but solid is good.

Have Spurs actually signed anyone yet? Not that I really care but just wondering. Can't help thinking, with their track record that they will pop up at ten to five with an £80m offer for Ryan and turn his head with mega wages. I know TK's comments are positive but if the player says I want away there's not a lot a club can do, I mean, I've lived with stroppy teenagers around the house and it's no fun for anyone.

7. Cottager58

Cottager58 Well-Known Member

Quick summary of what might go down today:

Sergio Rico - GK - Loan - Sevilla
    Matt Targett - LB - £15m - Southampton
    Joe Bryan - LB - £6m - Bristol City
    André Anguissa - DM - £25m - Marseille
    Hugo Mallo - RB - £9m - Celta Vigo

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
  8. Super Brian McBride

Super Brian McBride Well-Known Member

TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY Morning Rumours :
    Sky sources: @FulhamFC are in talks with Valencia over a deal to sign right-back Martin Montoya.

Fulham are reportedly close to signing the Marseille midfielder, André-Frank Zambo Anguissa.

Report: Hugo Mallo rejects Fulham move after £9m Cottagers bid for Right-back HITC

Southampton have reportedly rejected a £15 million offer from Fulham for defender Matt Targett, according to the Mirror.
    but BREAKING:8:30 Sky Sources: @FulhamFC make £20 Million bid for Southampton defender Matt Targett #FFC #SSN

According to @bbcsport_david, Fulham are set to complete the signing of Joe Bryan for £6m. He's currently undergoing a medical?

Luciano Vietto (Atlético Madrid, W/ST) Fulham offer for Atletico Sky Source

9. Captain Morgan

Hey Fulhaman, any incite on the Spanish-based options? I notice that Vietto spent a year at Sevilla. Any good?

10. Fulhaman

He's not a 20 goal a season man. He scored 6 goals for us, although he didn't play every game during the season - I guess he must have played 15 or 20 times so probably a 1 in 3 game return. He scored a few in the cups as well. He's not tall, nowhere near 6ft so it would be a classic big man, little man attack with Mitrovic if we went for him. Certainly not a target man to lump crosses in to to put his head on but if he were following in on Mitrovic's attacking runs then he could profit from anything that got knocked down. He's young, though, was early 20's when he was with us. We had an option to buy when we loaned him but didn't exercise it so he can't have impressed the powers that be here. He's got a decent touch and a powerful shot. Could he cut it in the Premier League? Maybe. But I wouldn't have him starting every week.

Captain Morgan likes this.

11. Fulhaman

Just seen that Brighton have signed Wigan Defender Dan Burn for £4m. Would that be the Dan Burn that used to make some horrendous mistakes for us last time we were in the Premiership? £4m? That doesn't seem to be a great buy to me.

12. Fulhaman

By the way Montoya is being reported as having signed for Fulham.

13. Cottager58

Update:

Sergio Rico [GK - Loan - Sevilla] Medical completed

Matt Targett [LB - £15m - Southampton] Offer rejected and Southampton up the anti to £20m. Shame on them and Mr Am6iti0n for baulking the chance for a young lad to get regular games in the EPL, 'cos we've now walked away

Joe Bryan [LB - £6m - Bristol City] Fee agreed. Personal terms agreed. Medical underway

André Anguissa [DM - £25m - Marseille] The 22 year old has agreed personal terms and a 5 year deal struck (or maybe 4?). Medical in France this pm

Hugo Mallo [RB - £9m - Celta Vigo] Fallen through and the Club have turned to Valencia's 27 year old RB Martin Montoya. He's currently on his way to Motspur Park for a medical..

The 24 year Argentinian striker has been offered to us on loan since he's seen as surplus to Atlético's requirements - he was on loan to Valencia last season. We are considering subject to Rui Fonte going to Olympiacos on loan.

14. Cottager58

Don't tell rosc, he'll think we're in for Lewis Dunk.

But hey, fair play to Dan, he's had a grand last season at Wigan. Just somehow can't get my mind around a Button/Burn combination in the Premiership.

15. Cottager58

According to the Daily Mail he couldn't agree to our terms and is now headed to Brighton.

16. Fulhaman

Saying that out here now, too. Shame ex-Barca man. Always handy to have around.

17. Cottager58

The local West London paper is saying it was in fact Fulham who pulled out of the Martin Montoya deal. And that we are moving to another RB.

Well, I'm stumped as to who that could be at this late stage, unless we've gone back for Hugo Mallo. Anybody got any guesses ???

18. Cottager58

A wee hint coming through the RB could be 20 year old Tim Fosu-Mensah of Man Utd. Seems odd to me, but there you are.

At the same time a confidence booster on Joe Bryan, if it was needed. Bristol City have signed LB Jay Dasilva on a season long loan from Chelsea.

And apparently EPL clubs have been given a 2 hour period of grace after the 5pm deadline to complete paper work. So, we might have be patient for a while longer.

19. Super Brian McBride

Super Brian McBride Well-Known Member

Can see something going wrong with this signing
    André Anguissa [Marseille] Medical and player ongoing abroad, we've got history in failing last minute deals.

Tim Fosu-Mensah (Man Utd) another loan so how many can we have ? or is he young enough not to count.

20. Surlyc

Surlyc Well-Known Member

We have one UK loan - Calum Chambers. Overseas loans are treated as transfers and are unrestricted.

Super Brian McBride likes this.