1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Ins, Outs, & Rumours

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by Super Brian McBride, Jun 7, 2018.

1. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

Agree that Loftus-Cheek is the stand-out amongst them, and I don't see him moving to a club where he might not be a regular starter (which, incredibly, I don't think he would be with us - a sign of just how good a window we've had). Kalas is probably the best option unless Jokanovic has another CB in the offing, but I am quite taken with the idea of Abraham myself. He looked good enough at Swansea, but isn't at the stage of his career where he would bridle at being on the bench. The fact that little Timmy is here might be a plus for him, and who knows, Big brother might be a positive influence on Timmy's attitude and willingness to work at his game.

And Kunye: absolutely, the fact that Roy wants Loftus-Cheek shouldn't make any difference to us going for him. However I suspect that their time together last season would make Palace an obvious and easy choice for the player.

2. Super Brian McBride

Super Brian McBride Well-Known Member

Fulham have enquired about signing Real Madrid's French left-back Theo Hernandez, 20, (not his brother Lucas) on loan according to the Mail on Sunday [BBCSport]

3. Cottager58

Cottager58 Well-Known Member

Yeah, this one has been bouncing around for a few days. Real want £2m loan fee and the taker to pay his £40k pw wages. Real Sociadad were first in but not prepared to stump up half his wages. We, on the other hand are apparently okay with the wage bill and are prepared to give a loan fee of £1.7m. The player, the papers say, would prefer to stay in Spain.

And meanwhile:

* The Mirror says we've approached St Etienne about a season long loan of their 24 year old Norwegian International Ole Selnaes. The 6' 2" is a defensive midfielder.

* The Mail have us linked to Sampdoria's 24 year old Belgian Dennis Praet. He's also a central midfielder.

4. kunye

kunye Well-Known Member

Callum Chambers to join on loan ?

Captain Morgan likes this.
  5. Captain Morgan

My oldest heard a rumour saying exactly that. I think that would be ideal at this stage; until Mawson is fit, he gives us a good option to partner one of the two lefties, and after that he can either partner Mawson or be another strong option at right back. I hope we make this one happen.

6. 2whitestripes

2whitestripes Well-Known Member

It's being reported he is to have a medical today, so looking hopeful.

7. Surlyc

Surlyc Well-Known Member

This was exactly my thought.

Given that I was thinking over the weekend whether Kalas on loan until January would make sense (given Mawson's injuries), this is a much better option.

8. dempsey's revenge

dempsey's revenge Active Member

I think Fulham have done the best of all the teams in the Premiership this transfer season. I don't think there is any question about it. A+ to the management of the team.

2whitestripes likes this.
  9. Cottager58

This would be so good for all the reason the Captain says. After Saturday I was really concerned about our CB pairing for the Palace game. Okay there's only a few days between now and then for Chambers and Ream to get to know each other but there's fighting chance. Whereas however long there is, just couldn't see Le Marchand and Ream building a partnership.

A possible reason we've stepped in for Chambers - who we were very keen on last season of course - is that (and it's only whispers) Kara Mbodji failed a medical because of recurring knee problems. We apparently had a bid of £4.5m accepted by Anderlecht for the CB/DM.

Another from the early list and out of the running is LB Ludwig Augustinsson. The Swedish International has extended his contract with Werder Bremen until 2022.

That LB spot is obviously a Jokanovic priority and his (belated) airing at the weekend points all the way to him wanting Matt Targett. Will the Club hierarchy give way and go back in ? Will Southampton believe that their playing hard ball has got them a ridiculous price and give way? Mark Hughes doesn't thinks so but let's see!!

10. Fabulous Fabio

Fabulous Fabio Well-Known Member

If Chambers is very close to signing then surely the rumours about Boyata and a £9m bid can't be true??

One can only hope.

11. Cottager58

We'd have to be mental to offer that much for him, wouldn't we !? If the source wasn't The Times .... but then again perhaps they're just like every other when it come to reinventing rumours. Like you Fab, can only hope all tosh.

Mind it's got the Bhoys up in Glasgow twittering well.

12. Cottager58

Brendan Rogers has been reported as saying that the £9m bid for Boyata has been rejected by Celtic. However, we are allegedly considering upping the anti to £12m. Is it possible that the Club are confusing him with LB Kieran Tierney?

13. 2whitestripes

2whitestripes Well-Known Member

I'm hoping so Cottager, he would be what we need assuming Chambers is on his way.

14. Cottager58

News coming in fro Greece that Olympicos have made enquiries about taking Rui Fonte on a year loan.

As I understand things, there window is open for some while yet so they'll have the luxury of having time to negotiate. Time we don't have to find back up for Mitrovic.

15. kunye

kunye Well-Known Member

I still have this feeling that Slavi wants Targett and will greatly increase his offer
    Tierney being his other option but at the right price, and not the 20m + Rogers wants.

16. Captain Morgan

Worrying rumours that Spurs are preparing a massive late bid for Ryan Sessegnon, possibly with Danny Rose and/or Mousa Dembele as part of the deal. My first reaction was 'no way', but thinking about it I'm coming round to the idea: given that Schurrle prefers the left we've already got a quality replacement, and the makeweight players both fit what we're looking for. A deal like that wouldn't be a disaster. I'd still prefer to keep Ryan, obviously, but I won't be heartbroken if we get the right players in return.

17. kunye

kunye Well-Known Member

Rose + Dembele + 20mil
    That will do nicely

18. Cottager58

Who'd have thought it, another keeper? Reports abound that we're about to raid Sevilla for their 24 year old keeper Sergi Rico on a season loan.

Straight into the No 1 spot Fulhaman ?

If this happens, either Bettinelli has a more serious injury than thought or he's off. And Jokanovic doesn't fancy a young rookie on the bench. Not sure what it says about his opinion of Fabri either.

19. Cottager58

With LB being an open secret as our priority, there are plenty of rumours today.

* the Bristol Post say that a fee and personal term had been agreed by Villa to take Bristol City's Joe Bryan. But we're attempting to hijack the deal at the last minute

* Talksport say we've gone back to Southampton offering £14m for Matt Targett

* Italian papers say we've offered Palermo £1.5m for their 2 year old Norwegian international, Haitam Aleesami. They'd prefer £3m

[PS Scott Malone has signed for Derby on an undisclosed fee]

Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
  20. Cottager58

Khan Jnr says No !!

@TonyKhan
    We’re not selling @ryansessegnon. We’ve never considered it! I couldn’t sit back and read these false rumors anymore, had to say something. Ryan’s key to this @fulhamfc squad; he’s one of the top young talents worldwide and in our plans for @premierleague success. Come on Fulham!