1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Huddersfield Town 0 v 0 Swansea City

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Taffvalerowdy, Mar 4, 2018.

1. Bob the slob

Bob the slob Well-Known Member

Phenomenal concentration
    MVDH outstanding for me.

2. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

We got a point from hard graft and a huge slice of luck that was not there during the first half of the season.....About time too....

badwolf and Taffvalerowdy like this.
  3. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

Just watched the highlights on MotD.
    You were absolutely battered. 30 shots to zero, 19% possssion. Shouldn't have been anywhere near a point.

BUT, very disciplined performance. Very committed. Rode your luck, but a valuable point (and two taken off a team down there with you).

Hope losing Ayew doesn't come back to bite you, but a few more performances like that and you'll be well away from trouble.

4. swantastic

swantastic Well-Known Member

It was good to see the pundits get it righton MOTD in that point felt like a victory after the ref got it wrong and should have punished the Ayew incident equally. And how great our game with only 10 men was played valiantly against the odds going by the crazy stats against us !
    Concentrating on how great our lads did and pretty much ignoring udders game play.
    As said Carlos should pin those stats to the wall with pride this week for the players toenjoy.

5. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

You watched the highlights which was just that highlights ,how many games have your lot won by nicking games , if results were based on possession stats then you wouldn’t be second in the league <doh>

6. ccfcremotesupport

In case you missed them.
    Yawn.....

Get out of bed the wrong side did we Matthew?

I come over and say something positive about your club and you want to have a pop. I was complimenting you on grinding out a valuable point against one of those around you DESPITE the stats and despite you being a man down.

Also, you're selectively picking one of the stats, posession.

Yes, we have a low posession stat, it's, the way we set up, but also we have about the highest number of shots on goal in the division, which has put us where we are.

BESIDES your very low posession stat yesterday, you were 30 to zip in terms of attempts on goal, unlike the stats we typically have.

Go and have a nap and come back when you're in a better mood. You're embarrssing yourself.

7. When Swans are flying

When Swans are flying Well-Known Member

We won the point because justice was served...

Ayew's challenge was a straight red all day, but so was Hogg's...

When seen on many slow motion replays from all camera angles it confirms that. To be honest, when witnessed 'live', I can see why Michael Oliver saw Ayew's challenge as seeming the more damning. But the time he took to decide, must've either been because both players were lying sprawling clutching their limbs, or because he that little niggling doubt that Hogg's was equally 'red-cardable', or a bit of both. But he chose to dismiss Ayew from the field of play & end the game as a contest. They both lunged, over the ball, studs first with no control. Straight reds both!!!
    But that never happens unless 2 players are actually fighting, or one retaliates from feeling unjustly assaulted. So, 11mins into the game, 2 yellows & 'meating' out stern warnings, should have been the way it played out. Oh to be a ref...

That's why we got a point against all the odds, justice!!!

Another thing, Ayew's challenge from the video evidence seems reckless & basically stupid. Whereas, Hogg's is a more akin to a 'stamp' with intent..

Last edited: Mar 11, 2018
    DragonPhilljack likes this.
  8. Nosugarman1

Nosugarman1 Well-Known Member

Having seen the highlights We correctly finished with 10 but Huddersfield should have finished with nine.

9. Mono

Mono Well-Known Member

Still think we should have done better. It's Huddersfield we were playing against with 10 men FFS, not Man City. To have only 19% possession blamed on the sending off is ridiculous. From what I saw, we gave the ball away very easily when we had it - thus inviting them onto us continually. The fact that they struggle to score goal was a huge bonus for us and I'm content with the point, but slightly disappointed at how easily we gave them the ball.
    Many teams manage a win with 10 men, we were never ever ever going to score yesterday.

10. London_Jack

London_Jack Well-Known Member

bit harsh...10 men, away from home for 80 minutes, no they arent Man City (would have been 8-0) but they are still a Prem side fighting for survival. Would you rather we had 5 shots on target and lost one nil?

11. Bob the slob

VAR

12. PGFWhite

PGFWhite Well-Known Member

Fernandez for me. Every cross was magnificently headed away by the Argentinian salmon!

DragonPhilljack and Bob the slob like this.
  13. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

"its the way we set up FFS " <laugh> , no maybe be the opposition can actually play better football rather than just knocking it over the top .
    You picked the point of the stats , no shots on target = 0 goals 4 shots on target = 0 goals . a draw .<laugh>

neveroffsidereff likes this.
  14. ccfcremotesupport

There's more than one way to win a game which is the beauty of the sport. It would be boring as hell if everyone played tippy tappy football. Warnock likes to get the ball to the front quickly then attack in the final third. If you want to call that long ball so be it. It's pragmatic and gets results. As I said we've had about the most attempts on goal as anyone in the division.
    I'm happy with that. I suppose tippy tappy and no shots on goal is your definition of good football.
    The laws of football are quite simple and objective. Score more goals than the opposition. Fortunately football isn't about opinion, no points for artistic impression.
    As for stats, I mentioned that burton had 30 attempts on goal to your zero.

I take it you're feeling no cheerier after your nap.

15. Mono

Mono Well-Known Member

Of course not, but it doesn't change the fact that we just couldn't keep the ball when we had it. Had we done that, it wouldn't have been as one sided as it was.

16. Bob the slob

Wouldn't argue too hard.

17. swanseaandproud

Your right of course CCFC. We should never have got a point and we were battered from start to finish, They hit the crossbar and hit the post 3 times, No shots off target and no shots on target and not a single corner for us and i dont care that we lost Ayew after 11 minutes that performance was not acceptable and we must not lose sight of that... We were lucky Hudders were not a team on form so to batter us is a huge let down and Carlos had 80 minutes to sort it out.....His worst game so far.....

18. neveroffsidereff

neveroffsidereff Well-Known Member

I've got to put my thinking cap on for this one, are you being sarcastic or do you believe that was our worst game. Buggered if I know.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
    PGFWhite and DragonPhilljack like this.
  19. swanseaandproud

Of course it was our worst game by a distance...

20. neveroffsidereff

neveroffsidereff Well-Known Member

If you say so.