1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

How much longer do we give her?

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by KIO, Dec 2, 2017.

1. KIO

KIO Well-Known Member

2. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

For ever and ever! <ok>

3. Bure budgie

Bure budgie Well-Known Member

Not her fault.
    Blame the clowns who sacked Hughton
    and bought in Moxey,Alex Neil,Webber,
    Farke etc
    We nerd a manager who understands thr
    Championship and not German reserve
    league.

royalbarclayfan likes this.
  4. royalbarclayfan

royalbarclayfan Well-Known Member

Save your breath KIO, she´s immovable <laugh>

God save our gracious Smith
    Long live our noble Smith
    God save our Smith...
    Send her victorious
    Happy and glorious
    Long to reign over us
    God save our Smith <hug><smooch><hug>

canary-dave likes this.
  5. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

:emoticon-0119-puke: <rose> :emoticon-0119-puke:

I don't see how 'for ever and ever' warrants a thumbs up in clear approval.
    The club is regressing at an alarming rate of knots - how can that be a good thing for anyone who calls themselves a true 'supporter'?
    Surely we need to see occasional signs of progress, not continuous backtracking? <grr>

edit - plus, when she does eventually retire...or get ousted, <party> her nephew Tom is in pole position to carry on the dynasty of destruction unopposed. We know boogie all about him, so how can that be worthy of support?? <doh>

Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
    KIO likes this.
  6. KIO

KIO Well-Known Member

You’re right she has surrounded herself with those who share the same political/religious beliefs, got her nephew elelected to the board and it bloody stinks.
    The only way we can force the bitch out is with fan power a la Chase <grr>

7. Walsh.i.am

Forum Moderator

Just seen this on twitter, the latest intriguing MFW piece by Martin Penney.
    Seems appropriate to include it here - you'll nod several times in agreement here, KIO.
    The bit I wasn't aware of is below:-

http://norwichcity.myfootballwriter...he-back-end-of-those-halcyon-days-of-lambert/

KIO likes this.
  8. royalbarclayfan

This coming from someone who keeps on telling us that "we all know we´re better than this" <laugh> - Wake up Cromer! - we´re not, we´re poor, and very little, if any, of this season´s misery, has to do with Delia, Michael or Tom. Stupidity from Webber to begin with, in appointing a novice, and then equal stupidity from Farke, in not surrounding himself with qualified and experienced assistants, is where you ought to be directing your frustration.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
  9. Walsh.i.am

Forum Moderator

Erm, hello, I don't know if you've kept a weather eye on Huddersfield's progress over the last 18-24 months, but I'd say 'punching above their weight' was apt.
    Maybe ambitious or even a tad naive to expect a carbon copy of that here, but you can't blame the guy for trying to emulate it.
    And as with all managerial appointments, the board retain the right of veto, so they were clearly willing to accept Webber's proposals and go along with them. No one forced them to, so the buck stops upstairs with D+M and the rest of them.

10. royalbarclayfan

He was certainly exceedingly naive in expecting to be able to pull off the same trick again. If you ask me, he just got lucky at Huddersfield, with Wagner, that sort of thing does not happen very often. It´s fine to have ambition, but then to go and take the gamble he did, doesn´t say an awful lot for his judgement. Added to that, the fact that he has a history of not staying anywhere very long, suggests that if things go arse up, he´ll just bugger off, and leave the mess for someone else to clear up. Neither he nor Farke have done anything to convince me yet.

11. royalbarclayfan

Won´t happen KIO, Chase was pretty much universally hated, and it wasn´t dificult to stir up the masses, that isn´t the case with Delia. Oh there are mutterings and murmurings from the same groups of fans at regular intervals, whenever the question of outside Investment crops up, but there´s also considerable support for her from the silent masses, particularly now that she has relented to a certain extent, and taken this new course. Anyway, most people can see it´s pretty futile forcing her out, when Tom is waiting in the wings ready to take over, and carry on the Smith tradition.

12. Walsh.i.am

Forum Moderator

But it doesn't have to be that way, that's the whole point!

13. royalbarclayfan

Doesn´t have to, no, but what are the odds? <laugh>

You really think there´ll be some sort of a sea change when he takes over? Now that really is the most wishful of wishful thinking - I doubt it very much. In fact I wouldn´t be surprised if Delia hadn´t made that one of the conditions for handing him over the reins. But, while there´s life ..........and all that.

14. Forgot_My_Lines

Forgot_My_Lines Well-Known Member

She's alright! Leave her alone!

royalbarclayfan likes this.
  15. royalbarclayfan

Agreed! - she´s the least of our problems right now. <whistle>

Forgot_My_Lines likes this.
  16. Walsh.i.am

Forum Moderator

One man's 'least' is another man's 'cause' <grr>

17. KIO

KIO Well-Known Member

She IS the problem #wakeupandsmellthecoffee

18. General Melchett

General Melchett Well-Known Member

I'm on the fence where Delia is concerned. Her reign might be riddled with mistakes and her wealth is insufficient to catapult us to PL winners. But now she has handed over the football side to a (in theory) knowledgable football man, we finally have a chance to be run well and perhaps get to the PL and stay there as a self funding club.
    OK so Farke is struggling at the moment and that won't necessarily reflect well on Webber so far. But in the long term the work on the academy and the wage bill reduction were musts. We are still paying for the mistakes of the past in Naismith, Jarvis et al. Thats the only reason that I feel this season is going to be a write off but that better things may follow.
    The question for me is; what are the alternatives?
    • Get behind the current set up and hope it starts working, it better start to show signs before the end of the season as relegation will not lend it patience
    • Start booing and protesting against the coach and team, maybe Farke will get ousted, maybe not, it'll all depend on Webber and if he still believes in Farke. It will of course put pressure on him and the players and could doom it all before they've really had time.
    • Start protesting against the board, I'm not sure there is widespread enough feeling for that to do anything but fizzle out with barely a whimper. Too many of us are warey of the alternatives.
    • So enough protest and Delia sells up, what now?
      • Another person comes in wanting to run the club professionally but starts with £30M debt after buying out Delia et al = Worse outcome
      • Another person comes in wanting to run the club professionally but doesn't saddle the club with debt after buying out Delia et al = Better outcome just (Afterall Professional running trumps what we've seen from D+M
      • Someone wants a plaything and wants to chuck money/debt at the club Better or Worse - we simply don't know, could it be a Fernandez and a broken indebted club is the result or might it be like Leicester and our best years are but a sensibly used but sizable checkbook away?
    I honestly can't say what we might get, but to me there seem a whole lot more failed and crippling owners than gooduns to fire you to the stratosphere. So as long as there are professionals like Webber in the club trying to make it work, I think I can reconcile that Delia stays at the helm, I don't like her, I don't trust her running of the club in general, but with Webber on board (For now) there is faint hope.

Bah!

carrowcanario and canary-dave like this.
  19. DUNCAN DONUTS

DUNCAN DONUTS SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIOR

I blame Balls the media whoring clown.

KIO likes this.
  20. KIO

KIO Well-Known Member

BUMP ! <grr>