1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

HOW LONG DO WE GIVE HIM ?

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by KIO, Nov 4, 2017.

1. RiverEndRick

RiverEndRick Well-Known Member

IMO confidence has been sapped by a run of bad results and the debilitating injury list. That's now down to 3 players out. Klose is out long term but Hanley and Zimmerman could be available after the international break or soon after. Hopefully that will lift the players and we can start to get results, starting with Watford. Even if we don't, I'm still committed to SW & DF long term. They unexpectedly got us to the PL after a major upheaval in the squad and even if we were to go down, we're still in a much better place than I ever thought we'd be. The club is moving in the right direction.

2. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

I'm obviously not happy with our recent run but I remember last season with a very poor start but DF and his team worked hard to turn things around and we all know what happened.

This is still the same DF and I have to say he's been robbed of many tactical changes due to our crippling injury crisis.

I didn't see too much of KIO shouting for Delia's head last year and I think blaming her for this year's poor show is rather silly.

Give DF a chance and some central defenders to return and I'm sure things will improve. OTBC

RiverEndRick likes this.
  3. Farked19

Farked19 Well-Known Member

Quite simply we are playing above our level given the resources we have. It's like giving Lewis Hamilton a ( fit non Mercedes in here) and still expecting him to win.

JM Fan likes this.
  4. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

I'd love to see the top 6 or so F1 drivers given an identical Touring Car or similar and then see how good they are!!

RiverEndRick likes this.
  5. ncgandy

ncgandy Well-Known Member

Have to say it rather galls me when people turn up occasionally simply to moan about our owners every time we have a blip.
    We're one of only twenty teams in arguably the toughest league in the world, and it's not just a one-off, we do it consistently. That's pretty amazing for a club of our size.
    OK, so we can't compete financially with some others and their dirty foreign money, but that only makes us more amazing!
    Still plenty of time to turn this season round. Of course I don't like where we are at present, but I just don't have it in my heart to moan about it.
    Right, I've got that off my chest, I can head out for the day in a better mood! <ok>

6. Phuketcanary

Phuketcanary Well-Known Member

This all day long. Id love us to be a permanent fixture in the premier league but we should recognize that we have consistently overachieved based on the size of our stadium and the money our club has. And if we finish bottom of the league, (which to be honest does look possible), thatd still be finishing below par for us for any given season.

This season feels a bit bleaker at the moment because sheffield united are doing so well, and it feels like that could have been our journey, but in truth theyve spent more than us by a good margin over the summer, and are a team that have come up with a significantly better defensive record.

RiverEndRick, JM Fan and ncgandy like this.
  7. robbieBB

robbieBB Well-Known Member

KIO is a regular on the Pink'Un forum. On here it's just opportunistic wumming since he knows we love the club for what it is, not for what he and others think it might be if some moneybags took it over.

canary-dave and ncgandy like this.
  8. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

What I find difficult to accept is that MOST of the goals we concede are the result of defensive errors (IMO, it is up to all of the team to defend!!!), rather than the attacking prowess of the opposition. :emoticon-0121-angry

RiverEndRick likes this.
  9. ncgandy

Just had a look on the pink 'un forum. Bloody hell, what fun that looks! First one I happened upon was a user referring to our players as 'a bunch of tossers' His user name? 'City Fan' <yikes> Sad thing is, he probably believes he is.

canary-dave likes this.
  10. canary-dave

I wouldn't dare to look on there, I get into enough trouble on the City "fans" Facebook page <yikes>

11. ncgandy

I deeply regretted my actions Dave <laugh>

RiverEndRick and canary-dave like this.
  12. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

13. royalbarclayfan

royalbarclayfan Well-Known Member

Webber has just announced that " he has our full support ", which generally is the kiss of death for managers in his position, so expect him to be gone before Christmas, unless he can find a winning streak from somewhere.

14. robbieBB

robbieBB Well-Known Member

It's a sad state of affairs when it ceases to be possible to take what someone says at face value!

Here, though, is something you can: "Good to hear from you RBF" <cheers>

15. RiverEndRick

RiverEndRick Well-Known Member

Yes, it's been too long RBF.

I think DF is a long way away from the sack. With such a young and inexperienced side further hampered by a horrific injury list, he's still got time to turn things around. With Hanley and Zimbo back we should be stronger at the back, but we need to keep our defensive shape consistently through matches. Our passing was much better against Watford and we have the midfielders and attacking players who can create chances, but we need to stop our defenders being caught out of position like Godfrey was for the first goal.

robbieBB likes this.
  16. DUNCAN DONUTS

DUNCAN DONUTS SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIOR

I don't believe Farke will get the bullet any time soon.

We have the weakest least expensive one of the youngest least experienced group of players and spent next to nothing in the summer , add to that an absolutely horrendous injury list to all of our centre backs and you can see why we are struggling.

Max will probably be sold in January and we will probably use that money to strengthen.

Farke is a good manager but he isn't Jesus.

We seemed to have used up all our luck last season and displeased the football Gods .

I don't think there is a manager in the game that could do much better under these circumstances.

I have no problem with the crowd booing after a long run of defeats and sloppy errors but we will still sell out every game with hope we can win the odd game.

We also have our snazzy new training facilities and hopefully carry on targeting young up and coming players to come through the ranks.

My pants are still dry .

Last edited: Nov 12, 2019
  17. KIO

KIO Well-Known Member

BUMP ! :biggrin:

18. canary-dave

We give him as long as he needs.

Fortunately most of us on here love Delia ❤️❤️

19. KIO

KIO Well-Known Member

There’s none so blind as those that cannot see :emoticon-0114-dull: