1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

HOW LONG DO WE GIVE HIM ?

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by KIO, Nov 4, 2017.

1. CitySlicker2010

CitySlicker2010 Well-Known Member

For me, Jack Reeve MFW in Eastern Evening News says it all. There is a distinct air of hostility building up amoungst the fans towards DF although the article claims that Farke still has the support of the players. We will never know how much that is true, but defeat to Ipswich at the weekend could see the ‘Farke out’ campaign gather momentum.

2. DUNCAN DONUTS

DUNCAN DONUTS SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIOR

If we get a drubbing tonight that won't help either, last won away in January remember .

3. ncgandy

ncgandy Well-Known Member

I prefer 'Farke Off!'

Have to admit my early optimism is waning.

4. DUNCAN DONUTS

DUNCAN DONUTS SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIOR

I'm pretty sure most wanted him to succeed last season and were happy to give him the 2 transfer windows to improve.

Unfortunately Webber is in charge of buying players and Farke has had the guts ripped our of the side and has to work with what he has been given.

Bit like Ready Steady cook where some clueless mug picks a watermelon a pound of cheese and some kippers and expects Ainsley Harriet to conjure up something edible.

Of course we had to sell this season but I also believe that we have players left that can win a game , Farkes tactics and subs just don't work .

As I pointed out ages ago we only stayed up because of Gunn and Madders and we haven't attempted to try and replace them with adequate alternatives especially in goal .
    Most teams will shoot from anywhere knowing Krul will spill a few of them and the defence also look extremely fragile .

Last edited: Aug 28, 2018
    CitySlicker2010 and KIO like this.
  5. Forgot_My_Lines

Forgot_My_Lines Well-Known Member

Couldn't give a stuff about tonight. Send the kids and players like Martin and McGovern. Don't make "first team" players travel all that way on a Tuesday night for a battling, ugly game. We'd lose with the side he picks in the league anyway.

All focus has to be on Sunday, for me. Treat this as a U23 away game. (The sort of rule about putting out weakened teams, where clubs get finned. Does that apply to everyone? Does it apply to this cup for sides like us? Or just to stop the big teams, does anyone know?

6. RiverEndRick

RiverEndRick Well-Known Member

Considering Krul has only played 4 games, 'most teams' seems a bit over the top. I don't think we're missing Josh much, given the job Hernandez has done WL, but Madders we have missed and DF needs to address that. Leitner hasn't looked much like scoring so far, but he is a decent playmaker. IMO we're better with Pukki (our top scorer) playing behind the striker and Leitner playing deeper. We haven't yet seen much of Buendia as an AM (brief cameo in a lost cause against Leeds), so that's still another possibility. I'm willing to wait to see what the new players and a settled defence can do before writing off DF just yet. The Ipswich result will be a key factor though, unless it's another draw.

7. carrowcanario

carrowcanario Well-Known Member

I've got to say I've got a foot in both camps. Whilst I don't think things are as bad as some would have you believe I also lack the eternal optimism of others. Like Gandy my pre-season optimism is waning and whilst I'm not quiet ready to join the Farke out camp yet, I am of the view that if things don't improve soon it might be best if Farke & the club part ways. I think if he loses the players he'll go, but he seems to manage players better than he manages games, even the players's that aren't keen on his train approach like Jerome, still speak well of him, so that might be some time.

8. RiverEndRick

It is delicately balanced at the moment. Our first five games were tough ones and the first four were close run results. The Leeds match started well and then unraveled badly and much will depend on how the players respond tonight and on Sunday. We can't let this season slip into a relegation scrap. We were in the same situation last year and pulled out of it. The minimum for this season is an improvement on last season's 14th place. We now need to move towards that or change the HC for one who has the potential to do that with the players we have.

9. Canary Rob

Canary Rob Well-Known Member

I'm with you completely on this one.

The only thing in Farke's favour is that the matches we have lost have been against very strong opposition in the league currently - Cardiff, West Brom.

Time is running very short for him now, results need to improve as well as performances. It's all very well having players supporting him, but he needs the fans too. And we know that the board has dragged too long with underperforming managers in the past, so if it doesn't work out soon then they need to get rid. Soon.

KIO and carrowcanario like this.
  10. General Melchett

General Melchett Well-Known Member

Cardiff!

Bah!

DUNCAN DONUTS likes this.

11. Forgot_My_Lines

Listening to podcasts building up to the Derby. This must be the biggest game of Farke’s career. I wonder if he will approach it any differently, and if he’ll be feeling the nerves. He comes across as someone who doesn’t get phased by things. This will be interesting.

JM Fan likes this.
  12. Canary Rob

Canary Rob Well-Known Member

Good spot! Sorry I meant leeds!!

13. RiverEndRick

Certainly the response against Cardiff was impressive, but how much can we read into that given the 10 changes? Hopefully those who start will feel the pressure from the rest of the squad because of that. It will certainly be interesting!

14. Forgot_My_Lines

I think both teams are mentally fragile and the first goal could be massive. If Ipswich score first, I think we will crumble. I don't see any passion from Farke on the touchlines. Or any willingness to make early changes to rectify it, if that happens. I just hope we can get that early goal.

Ipswich have conceded about 8 goals from set pieces this season already, apparently. Press them, get early Freekicks and corners, and get them nervous.

15. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Norwich City Stats‏@NorwichFCStats
    Set pieces could be key on Sunday. 75% of the goals Ipswich have scored have come from set pieces. But 75% of the goals they have conceded are also from set plays.

Norwich City Stats‏@NorwichFCStats
    12.5% of Norwich’s goals have been scored from a set piece and 27% of goals conceded so far have come that way.

16. carrowcanario

carrowcanario Well-Known Member

Few more weeks then

17. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

#forsure

18. RiverEndRick

Quite amazing what a difference a few weeks can bring, moving from 17th to 5th in two weeks. Seven games unbeaten, six of them wins and five wins in a row now, three of them with clean sheets. Makes reading the back pages of this thread very strange. Long may it last!

canary-dave and JM Fan like this.
  19. goldeneadie

goldeneadie Well-Known Member

At least until May. About 35 weeks at a guess.

RiverEndRick and JM Fan like this.
  20. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

KIO’S been very quiet lately!!!! :emoticon-0116-evilg

: farkelife