1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

How do you rate the squad??

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Chelsea Pensioner, Aug 9, 2020.

1. BobbyD

BobbyD President

sack of havertz. If we plan on giving Tammy and Hudson Odoi time then we shouldn't be getting havertz. I don't think either will make it but we can't be calling for youth to play more and scrapping it in one season and giving them zero time, especially since our need is in defence and goalkeeper which are both currently a shambles.

I wouldn't be handing out tammy a multi million pound deal anytime soon though

2. BobbyD

BobbyD President

yeah he is, i still quite like him, athletic and can play a bit. His decision makings not terrible and sometimes he doesn't show the attacker to the right place but we are so open there are bound to be a few mistakes.

What we need is a leader at the back and kante as dm and a decent keeper

3. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

Yeah all that is clearly what you need, will you spend is the next question.

4. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Im kinda at the "**** Tammy" stage to be honest.
    He had a semi decent season last year, but we shouldnt be letting these young punks start holding us hostage for multi million pound contracts just because they have a run of decent performances.
    Tammy was great for the first dozen games of the season, thereafter he dipped, so much so that after the re-start, Frank seemed to prefer Giroud up front.
    I say keep Tammy one more year as a back up striker to Werner, and if he doesnt show any improvement next season, sell him to West Brom or Everton or something thats more his level.

I agree that the Havertz signing is not necessary, like you said, our Keeper and defence situation needs addressing and is a much more pertinent issue.
    No way we are challenging for anything other than the Carabao and FA cups next season unless we buy a CB, a full back and a keeper.

luvgonzo likes this.
  5. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

I'd really go for Havertz personally, especially if we get rid of Jorginho and Barkley as suggested.with CL achieved and hopefully a full season to play, there will be plenty of game for the youngsters of this season, plus the two attackers we bought, plus Havertz it's no point having a star studded front 3 if they get the dross service from their midfield that ours got far too often. Havertz can provide that link we have needed since Frank put his boots away.
    .Looks like one CD will go, personally it wold be Christensen as I think Zouma and Rudi would both be much better with a proper JT like player driving on the defence and being a proper Captain.

6. Bullet tooth Tony

Bullet tooth Tony Well-Known Member

Centre back sorted Thiago Silva free agent big money wages but loads of experience to teach to our young defenders.

7. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

That does look a good decision. Like Giroud, despite being maybe past his best, his experience saved our season. Silva can hopefully be the same rock at the back. Something about that name Silva, seems if that's your name you can play a bit !!