1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Holloway Out now !

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Rangerw9, Jan 27, 2018.

1. bobmid

bobmid Well-Known Member

He's arsenal though

2. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

We have Smith who is a large lump, who needs supply (we play without width or wingers on the whole....so it is not a connected up plan)
    We have Conor Washington, who puts a lot of work in, but seems to not be a natural goalscorer and has real confidence issues
    Then we have a number of bright star/untested youngsters.....Eze (who was scoring well out at loan to Wycombe before Christmas), Smyth who scored on his debut and then got injured, Bright-Samuel, who looks the part but is yet to make an impact, and Oteh who scores for fun in the reserves but is yet to make the step up.

We just need one of those to become a goal-scoring sensation....and it will all be Ok. (easee peazee lemon squeezeee)

3. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

4. 40 Years of Hurt

Is it just me .........because I did'nt know it was just a case of surviving this season. Because if it was why are we all pissed off and moaning about a P*** poor manager and and unmotivated and under performing team?!!!!!!!.....it seems there are a lot on here who knew but I as always want my team to win and play good football and actually excite me now and again. Regardless of financial issues it is extremely dangerous to keep someone in a job who is clueless and the people underneath him not performing. If he stays it is not just the issue of relegation but the whole support for this club is waning fast.....my mates and my son haven't even commented on Saturday yet!!!!! thats a massive indication of whats happening and thats after an away game we usually go to.....I honestly think the players are good enough. They just need fresh management throughout

BlindFaith likes this.
  5. bobmid

bobmid Well-Known Member

Praise the Lord

6. loomo

loomo Active Member

Kind of you to say so but your are alone in that thought process from my experience. I live in Bristol and have many friends who went and after the game having a beer with them they all said we were the worst team they have seen down at the Gate. Maybe your are being a tinker and hoping we keep Holloway so we will go down as I know how much you all love him.....

7. bobmid

bobmid Well-Known Member

A few Bristol city fans I know who went sent me some (to them) funny texts after the game. Not one said anything positive. Buggers

8. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

Pretty sure he's on the wind up.

9. Tramore Ranger

Tramore Ranger Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Maybe it's just me but at the start of the season most posters on here thought that we'd be somewhere between 16th and 24th and guess what? That's where we are........

The problem with being in that place range is that you lose as many if not more games than you win and that's exactly what's happened, so I must be missing something but what's happening is exactly what most expected, yet there's the gnashing of teeth looking to get rid of managers, DOF's, CEO's, Owners when we lose, I didn't see any of the game on Saturday so in no position to comment on performance or lack of, but before hand I thought that a point would be a decent result, but expected a loss, the same applies to our next 2 away games at Wolves and Villa. What we have to do is win our next 3 home games against Barnsley, Bolton and Forest.

DLLWDDLWWLL - this is our league form since the beginning of December, W3, D3, L5, 12 out of a possible 33 points, not good, but not bad either for a side in the lower part of the table and if we repeat that then we should have enough point to be safe and finish in the part of the league where most thought we'd finish.......

It can be soul destroying I get that, but the only people who can change things are those that pay the salaries and like it or not I can't see Holloway being replaced before the end of the season........

10. bobmid

bobmid Well-Known Member

That's where we are now yes. Unfortunately the form guide is absolutely nothing to go by when it involves us so predicting points can be dangerous. On the other hand we may win every game!

11. Tramore Ranger

Forum Moderator

Exactly Bob, we could go on another 6 game losing run and then we would be f*cked, but we could go on a 6 game winning run and be on the cusp of the play offs...........that's Championship football.

12. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Sometimes I think there is no point in stating the obvious.
    Hollow can do no wrong in some peoples eyes. Sadly the overall picture, the state of the club is not Hollow's fault. However this is a football team, it doesn't matter if it's ManCity or QPR you try your best to win every game. If the manager cannot achieve this then you have to ask the question why?

bobmid likes this.
  13. jeffranger

jeffranger Well-Known Member

He should have been sacked today but has not yet, my expectations have gone down rapidly & cant say I’m enjoying going at present, don’t like to anyone sacked but come on us paying fans like to see some improvement & decent football & haven’t see hardly any, I reckon he will be here summer & then the club have got to hold there hands up & say thanks Ian but we want to go down a different route & style.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2018
  14. Tramore Ranger

Forum Moderator

Not sure what you mean or who that's aimed at by "No wrong in some people's eyes "
    Do you honestly believe they are being sent out having been told by Holloway "look lads don't try to win this game" utter nonsense.....
    Maybe the player's aren't goid enough or other sides are simply better.....these things are a fact of life, it's just that some people can't accept that.
    For the time being we are a lower championship side with no funds to strengthen an already bloated squad....
    As much as it's hard to accept the limit to the club's ambition this season is to survive in this division....

15. Staines R's

Staines R's Well-Known Member

For me personally, I can take losing and am quite used to it by now. It’s more about the way we lose.
    Losing like we did on Saturday, against 10 men for the majority of the game was totally unacceptable.
    But hey, what will be will be......

I’ll be interested at what price they are pitching the Season Tickets this year.....at the moment a tenner seems poor value

16. bobmid

bobmid Well-Known Member

Wonder how the BIG meeting went today? Just scrolling through the archives and I came across April 2017 defeat to Bristol city. Holloway said post match. "It's the worst we have played since I've been here". Hmmmmmmm

17. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

If it’s a tenner I’ll get one. Might not turn up though.

I don’t think we’ll be relegated even if we keep Holloway (if I keep changing that mantra it might turn out true) but what happens to ST prices if we are? Do people who bought one when released now get some cash back? I hope so.

18. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

With respect mate, I think you're missing the point.

What most people are saying is that, with the squad we have NOW, we should be doing better than we are or at least PLAYING better than we are.
    Unfortunately, what we see are mind numbing, inept tactics and bewildering team selections at times. Ollie is struggling and we could well go on a 6 match losing run again. It's far more likely than a 6 match winning run imo.
    I think most people accept that we are no more than a mid-table side at present, including me, but that with a better coach we could be far more comfortable in mid-table.At present we are lower mid-table and constantly flirting with getting sucked into the relegation fight.

For the record, I'm not convinced that getting rid of Ollie now would be the right thing. If we lose three or four on the trot now I think he'd have to go though. One would hope the board are working on a replacement in case he's needed.

I certainly think that Ollie should go on the last day of the season with a replacement hopefully ready and waiting.

Rodney, ELLERS, danishqp and 2 others like this.
  19. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

Your confidence in Ollie is admirable. I'm sure the passengers on the Titanic never thought they'd hit that iceburg...

If we are relegated TF will be about as popular as the Venkys at Blackburn, at least their fans get some chicken for their pains...

ELLERS and bobmid like this.
  20. SW Ranger

SW Ranger Well-Known Member

To be fair to the fans... I think, after the ridiculous end to last season, that was why everyone was seeing us in the bottom half of the table at best.
    We’re flirting with poor selection, poor placement of players out of their best positions, poor delivery to strikers, poor football, waning confidence and dropping points like a whore drops her knickers.
    On the positive.... errrrr.... uhhhhh... ummmmm... Holloway is Rangers through and through? so is Birch?

Don’t ge me wrong... all I want now is to stay up in this league this season and then change our coach(?). Sorry, but Holloway has lost what little he had when he started with us. He would never have been my choice, I was clear about that when he was appointed. He has done nothing to change my mind after the end of last season when he royally f**ked up with that stupid losing streak and bizarre messing about. I feel more sorry for our strikers who aren’t getting the right service and are losing confidence - they get massive stick, while Holloway was getting just as much support. WTF?

Anyway... 6-pointer this weekend. Must win game for Holloway or he could be on his way. I’d rather he kept us up and decided that he cannot do anymore for us and stands aside. We shall have to see how it pans out.

WalsallHoop, rangercol and bobmid like this.