1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Heung min son

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by BobbyD, Feb 14, 2019.

?

Most important player

1. Son

16.7%
  2. Eriksen

54.2%
  3. Kane

41.7%
  4. Vertonghen

4.2%
  5. Sissoko

4.2%
  6. Alderweireld

8.3%
  7. Alli

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. The RDBD

The RDBD Well-Known Member

That will be easy for you to prove.
    Every Spurs game where the starting XIs had the following combos :

C1 - No Kane or Son
    C2 - No Kane, Son
    C3 - Kane, no Son
    C4 - Kane, Son

Total up for C1 - C4 : the W/D/L items.
    At the very least the numbers for C2 should be greater than C1, yes ??

2. Tilly'sowner

Tilly'sowner Well-Known Member

I voted Eriksen. Spurs manage without everyone else if they are injured, but really struggle to replace Eriksen when he's not playing.

Yes, he has bad days, but all it takes is one moment of genius in a match that could win the game for Spurs.

However, I like to think Spurs do not have one sole star that they are too reliant upon and can rely on the team/squad.

Lovearsenalcock likes this.
  3. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

“My fellow Spurs supporters don’t understand”... No, what you don’t understand is that Kane AND Son is better than just Son or just Kane.

When Barca score in Messi’s absence does that mean they don’t need him because they have Suarez and Dembele?
    When Mbappe scored for PSG the other night does that mean Neymar and Cavani aren’t great losses for PSG?
    Chelsea went two up last night before bringing Hazard on, I suppose that means he’s not a great miss for Chelsea then, right?

Your logic is flawed beyond belief. Kane is one of the best strikers in world football, if not the best, to try and make a case to say we don’t need him is laughable really.

4. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

To be honest, losing Neymar is the best thing to happen to PSG, as it allows them to better balance their team - but don't let the sponsors hear that...

5. D.G.C.

D.G.C. Well-Known Member

BobbyD agrees with me and my logic isn't flawed at all............sorry.

6. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

Congratulations, a Chelsea fan agrees with you on a Tottenham matter.

7. D.G.C.

D.G.C. Well-Known Member

Outside opinion and what does it matter which team somebody supports? Incidentally, how many have we lost since Kane's injury Dier? Do you mock Luke's opinion because he's a UTD supporter? You're a Spurs supporter but that doesn't prevent you from making accurate judgements of other teams does it?

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
  8. The RDBD

The RDBD Well-Known Member

BobbyD >> the bloke down the pub >> facts.

9. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

I mock you because you’re a wum and I get a kick out of going up against wums.

Luke hasn’t tried telling us Spurs don’t need one of the best strikers, in fact of one of the best players, in Europe.

10. D.G.C.

D.G.C. Well-Known Member

No I am not a wum Dier, not at all. I'm posting things as I see them. For me Kane will have to fight for his place back and not be an automatic entry.

11. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

<rofl>

12. The Huddlefro

The Huddlefro Well-Known Member

To be fair DH doesn't rate Harry Winks, so his opinion is invalid on all topics.

But seriously, I don't think you can make a credible argument that we are better without Kane than with. Even playing with Son and A. N. Other up top as we have been doing, Kane is going to be more effective than any of our other options to go alongside Sonny. You can argue Llorente has his moments where we need his particular strengths but you would play all three of them in that case, situationally. I have no doubt that Kane is busting a gut to get fit again, and will have the correct attitude to deserve to come back into the team straight away when he's ready. It's his attitude that makes him an automatic pick, coupled with his obvious quality. He wouldn't be the player he is without that attitude.

Sometimes top quality players just don't fit a team, look at Morata and Jorginho at Chelsea, or even our Nando on the occasions when when we just haven't been playing his game and wondering why nothing works. But Kane is as far away from that kind of player when it comes to Spurs as it is possible to get.

I'd side with others who say that Eriksen is the most important player at the club though. We can score goals without Kane, we can defend without Toby or Jan, we can keep goal without Lloris and we can control a midfield without Dembele and Dier. Son, Sissoko and Winks have all stepped manfully up to the plate this season, particularly and most obviously the former. But Eriksen is a unique player at this club, nobody else offers what he does especially when receiving the ball under pressure.

crackerman jack likes this.
  13. D.G.C.

D.G.C. Well-Known Member

So why shouldn't we listen to a Chelsea supporter Dier? I didn't say Luke did say we don't need
    Kane did I, I was just using Luke as an example of another team's supporter because you seem to think that a Chelsea supporter's opinion is irrelevant simply because he supports Chelsea. You're wrong. Again, how many have we lost since Kane's injury?

14. D.G.C.

D.G.C. Well-Known Member

I wouldn't say Dier's opinion is invalid Huddlefro.

15. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

<diva>.

Hey wait, I’ve even paid him some compliments recently. I said I’d rather him than Keita or Jorginho any day of the week and I’ve also acknowledged his willingness to start moving the ball forward a bit more. Still nowhere near the level of what a top four/ title chasing side needs from a CM though, unfortunately, but he’s improved to the point where I’m happy to have him as part of the squad. Plus, always said he was a nice guy so that’s gotta count for something, right?

16. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

You do realise me and Bob get along very well on this forum don't you? He’s like my Asian brother from another mother who just stupidly supports Chelsea. I’ll also be (hopefully) looking forward to picking his avatar at the end of this season.

But if I was trying to tell people that Spurs don’t need one of the best players in world football and the one person agreeing with me is a supporter of a huge rival, I’d probably question my perspective.

17. deedub93

deedub93 Well-Known Member

I think Eriksen plays better when Winks is in the side. Winks always makes himself available which allows Eriksen a get-out if he tries something, which begins to go pear-shaped. Coupled with Moose, who is there to clean up if Eriksen does lose the ball, It gives Eriksen a licence to play. I've said before Winks reminds me of a young Trevor Brooking, never going to be spectacular but will be solid, and improve with age.

18. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

From a mental and attitude perspective Winks is everything I want in a professional at Spurs. He’s Tottenham through and through and he’s a real gent of a guy (even if he did nearly run me over once, maybe that’s why I’ve been harsh on him! <laugh>).

But from a playing perspective I just feel Spurs need more. We’re one of the best sides in the country now and I think we need an elite midfielder to support our elite attacking mids. I’ve said before I look at CMs like Pogba, Gundogan, Silva, Doucoure and now even Brooks at Bournemouth and that’s what I want to see, someone who’s pivotal in attacks and chipping-in with some goals/ assists on a regular basis. We’re currently doing “fine” with Winks in the side but I think we could be doing so much better had we had a bit more quality in that central midfield.

19. D.G.C.

D.G.C. Well-Known Member

No I didn't know that but he seems a serious enough level headed Chelsea supporter so his opinion is valid. Anyway, I think we'll come back stronger after this wee break.

BobbyD likes this.
  20. BobbyD

BobbyD President

Lol where did i say spurs dont need kane?

Obviously you have to play him, it was more about whos the most important player/players.

The key thing is that its all about balance, winks and sissoko arent creative but they offer great protection and sissoko helps to create with his selfless running (dragging players away). Kane offers hold up ability, clever runs and if defenders pack the middle then trippier and rose can find him crosses

Alli has clever movement and can work in short space.

For me though eriksen and son are irreplaceable as you dont really have like for like replacements for either of them imo.