1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Heung min son

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by BobbyD, Feb 14, 2019.

?

Most important player

1. Son

16.7%
  2. Eriksen

54.2%
  3. Kane

41.7%
  4. Vertonghen

4.2%
  5. Sissoko

4.2%
  6. Alderweireld

8.3%
  7. Alli

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. BobbyD

BobbyD President

Who in your opinion is the most important player in your current team?

I know hes been on a run of form but even when kane was out sonny boy has stepped up to the plate.

I actually dont think you guys are missing kane at all and its son and eriksen who are more important.

Although it pains me to see llorente do well, i always thought he was decent and didnt get the opportunities, hes proving to be a fairly useful acquisition

PleaseNotPoll and yossarian like this.
  2. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

In the last few seasons Son has turned into a sack of potatoes as soon as I transfer him in my fantasy football team. Unfortunately for Spurs, I have just done that for the forthcoming gameweek. He stands no chance because I'm cursed at FF.

remembercolinlee likes this.
  3. NSIS

NSIS Well-Known Member

Would be a tough decision. He’s one helluva player - makes things happen, creates something out of nothing.

His intelligence shines through, as shown by the way he lost the Dortmund defender for his goal last night.

4. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I'm not sure that we have a most important player at the moment, somewhat bizarrely.
    It seems that whenever somebody's out, we just pick some more players, get on with it and keep pushing on.
    As long as we're not missing about half the team, then we manage.

A good holding player has been very important to Pochettino during his time at the club. We've had to do without for big chunks of this season.
    Wanyama's been crocked, Dier was knackered then had surgery and then got ill, while Amos was ruled out for the whole campaign.
    The system changed, there were a few problems and now Sissoko and Winks have taken over. Completely unpredictable.

5. The RDBD

The RDBD Well-Known Member

The one who fronts up most for the team in the most recent game.

Lovearsenalcock likes this.
  6. No Kane No Gain

No Kane No Gain Well-Known Member

Son's brilliant when he's in form but both he and Eriksen play well in patches of the season and then go awhile without offering very much. Jan's our most consistent player and better than Toby so he should be up there but it has to be Kane overall, even on a bad day he's still a clinical player but when he's on form he links everything together and is unplayable.

The Changing Man likes this.
  7. No Kane No Gain

No Kane No Gain Well-Known Member

Also why is Toby and Alderweireld up there, I guess one of those was meant to be Jan?

remembercolinlee likes this.
  8. BobbyD

BobbyD President

It was me, lol. It should be jan but cant amend the poll. In a rush

9. The Changing Man

The Changing Man Well-Known Member

Toby & Alderweireld are the same player!! :smiley-finger007:Edit Too late point made already apologies

I think that its currently all about the team, we don't rely on one player particularly and recent results have shown that. The faith that Poch has in 'the group' is now being shared by the supporters.

10. The RDBD

The RDBD Well-Known Member

Understandable (you getting home to the TV for the Malmo game
    before the rush hour ensnares you) .

BobbyD likes this.

11. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

Toby or Alderweireld... Hmm tough choice between those two.

For what it’s worth though, Bob, Vertonghen is the better CB and the one who really organises that backline so he’s more important than Toby (and Alderweireld, lol).

As for most important, it’s Eriksen for me (and yeah, it’s spelt EriksEn not EriksOn! You’ve had a mare here bro). Even when Eriksen is having a piss poor game, he tends to somehow create something out of nothing that can lead to a goal or a very good chance of one. His creativity is up there with the very best in Europe, he could hit a ping pong ball into a nun’s snatch from 100 yards away.

Son’s level of importance has rose over the last couple years whilst he’s easily been the main man over the last few months and well on course for our POTY (and possibly Prem POTY) but all in all, it’s defintiely Eriksen for me. When he doesn’t play, the creativity levels in the side drop tremendously. We’ve shown that when our top scorer(s) is out we can still score goals but without Eriksen pulling the strings we struggle badly to really create stuff. It’s why Spurs must give the guy a blank cheque and get him tied down, we just can’t allow to lose someone of that pedigree.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
  12. Depends how well you know him, I guess <laugh>

Dier Hard and The Changing Man like this.
  13. BobbyD

BobbyD President

Alright inspector clouseau. Will get you to proof read my posts lol.

Tbh i didnt notice the toby thing but saw eriksen was wrong straight away. Thats when i found out i couldnt edit the poll names

Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
    Dier Hard likes this.
  14. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

The one who bails out Trippier when he's caught out of position for the umpteenth time...

15. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I can. Fixed. <ok>

BobbyD likes this.
  16. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

Tough one...it's like asking me which is my favourite bollock.

17. NSIS

NSIS Well-Known Member

It’s a real tough one, but after some thought I’ve gone for Kane.

Whichever way you look at it it’s pretty hard to discount a player who’s almost guaranteed to get you 20+ goals every season.

18. deedub93

deedub93 Well-Known Member

Poch, he is like the oil in an engine. You can have a super powerful engine, but if you dont put any oil in it, it will fall apart pretty dam quick, as maureen proved at manure.

19. Roo

Roo Well-Known Member

Has to be Eriksen for me.
    It’s always tough when we lose any key player in any given position, but we can usually manage to adjust things and get by. However, when Eriksen isn’t on the pitch we don’t look the same team. There’s always a gaping hole in his absence where we look totally lost, as no one else seems to be able to pull the strings or provide any sort of link up play.

20. D.G.C.

D.G.C. Well-Known Member

I went for Son, he's tireless and scores. I said then and I stand by my statement that he was a greater miss than Kane in his absence. Eriksen's a tad inconsistent and as we are proving, we can win without Kane. I think we'd find it harder to win without Son.

BobbyD, it took courage for you to say that we don't miss Kane and I've said for a while that his absence frees up the others. My fellow Spurs supporters don't understand this so maybe you can explain it to them, I can't. We scored 6 against Tranmere before he came on and were doing well against Everton before he scored. I like Kane but there's too much blind reliance on him, he is NOT our greatest miss. I've suggested dropping him amid a lot of catcalls and disagreement so I'm happy to see a kindred spirit.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019