1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Here we go again

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Santaseyebrow, Jul 29, 2019.

1. Mick O'Toon

Mick O'Toon Well-Known Member

Thought we only made 1 signing so far or did I miss something?

2. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

Almiron was just forward thinking :biggrin:

cronemeister likes this.
  3. Warmir Pouchov

Joelinton is coming into this season with a far better record than Rondon had prior to last season. Having watched him he just looks a better player than Rondon - his record in the Bundesliga backs this up too. Almiron has had his 6 months to settle and will move into his natural position. Contrary to popular belief, Perez is not all that. He was good last season (good not brilliant, lets not forget all the bad games with these doe eyes). To me Almiron looks to have better pedigree and doesn't seem as fairweather. He seems to have that in built south american toughness. He certainly wasn't chucking himself around like Perez. That got embarrassing at times and was detrimental to the team. I just think that Joelinton and Almiron are more dynamic mobile players. Obviously they have to develop an understanding. Perez and Rondon surpassed their previous levels because of each other. It just clicked. We need to forget it though because we never had the option to keep Perez. He wanted to leave when Benitez was here so its all a moot point. To be honest even if Rafa had stayed, I think Rondon would have been off to China. Supposedly on mega money which at his age is a big factor. Last big contract.

Rafa was clearly overrated by fans results wise. Its dressed up like he produced a minor miracle. He couldn't even surpass Pardew's record here in terms of results, and those same fans say Pardew was ****. If Pardew was **** then so was Rafa. Can't have it both ways. I personally actually think both did very good jobs. Neither were working miracles but both achieved the same thing in different ways.

NUFC London and cronemeister like this.
  4. Santaseyebrow

Santaseyebrow Well-Known Member

Look the fact is rondon and perez = 2 and 2 proven players that combined perfectly

This guys only one player .

5. Warmir Pouchov

Joelinton/Almiron>Rondon/Perez

Simple as that really.

6. cronemeister

cronemeister Well-Known Member

£800k a week apparently.....which is just madness. It's basically saying he's one fifth ****ter than Gareth Bale, you're not gonna turn that down at his age are you?

7. cronemeister

t

8. Welshie

Welshie Chavcunt fanboy dickhead

True.

Very accurate.

What I find with Newcastle and some elements of the fan base is this: the public opinion on the current manager is entirely dependent on the popularity of the previous one. When Pardew was hired, people despaired and weeped at the prospect as Hughton was a successful and popular bloke. When Pardew was sacked, Carver lingered and we signed McClaren, people on this and Youtube (True Geordie) actually argued it was a good appointment, he had a 50/50 record and was an England manager afterall! Despite being widely recognized as an utterly ****e manager.

Now, Rafa comes replacing the unpopular McClaren and he is ****ing worshiped (mostly because people loved his name being linked with the club) and we are singing his praises to this date. I thought we were mediocre in the Championship with Rafa, and I think we lost games we should have easily won both in the Championship and the Premier League, we also performed just as poor in all cup competitions. He did an acceptable job, if his name was Steve Bruce we would say he's not good enough and should be sacked.

As it stands, the current manager is replacing a popular one so losing to Preston North End with a B team in a friendly is unacceptable and we should sack him immediately.

That's a weak ass response, give him thunder you pussy.

cronemeister and mickeybnufc like this.
  9. Santaseyebrow

You are incorrect im afraid not only maths wise but also in your player ratings

10. Santaseyebrow

A thousands words of opinion can never be more accurate than 3 - 2 +1 = 2

Then ive accounted for the probability of a new partnership actually working even if another comes in.

mickeybnufc likes this.

11. Warmir Pouchov

This what all the fans forget in their bluster. Rafa and Rondon sacked Newcastle off for money more than anything else. There were other matters like the owner, but lets be honest greed took over. They might fool a few with their protestations, but the reality is they just had an easy shield in Mike Ashley. I mean the fans are happy to ignore Rafa's bluster that he wants to settle now, he wants a job in England where his family is.

Judge Death likes this.
  12. mickeybnufc

mickeybnufc Well-Known Member

I think WP is saying that Almiron and Joe Linton are an upgrade on the other two,so come match day my predictions will have to be Joe instead of Rondon and I think my predictions will be a lot better than last season,so there

13. Warmir Pouchov

I don't understand any fan not being excited by Almiron and Joelinton filling the forward slots this season. Perhaps we have just conditioned ourselves to moan.

14. cronemeister

Love your new job mate !!

upload_2019-7-30_15-56-18.png

Munson., LiamO and Santaseyebrow like this.
  15. Santaseyebrow

16. Santaseyebrow

Im hopeful but im not just going to lie to myself .

17. Santaseyebrow

Exactly thats an opiniom based on what he wants to believe

18. Warmir Pouchov

Rondon left and our other loan returned (Gayle - I'm sure I'll be told he doesn't count by some thicko). One in one out. Perez left and we signed Almiron was signed in January. One in one out. That was probably done because even then Perez was agitating for a move. Joselu left. Joelinton signed. One in one out. So at most we need one more forward (my preference) if you don't believe that Almiron should count. Reality is though Almiron was signed for this season and to play No.10, and I'm not sure we sold anyone in January.

Cold hard facts are with Joelinton, Gayle, Muto, Almiron we are not massively short in the attacking ranks. There are goals in that quartet for me.

19. Santaseyebrow

That is the least proven strike force I have ever seen

Gayle - not good enough
    Mutu - not good enough from what ive seen in any role
    Almiron - not a goal scorer hes a good am
    Joelinton - dont knkw

20. Warmir Pouchov

That is just your opinion.

Gayle is good enough to be 4th choice for a club like Newcastle.

Joelinton's record in the Bundesliga is very good and comparable with some serious talents to leave that league. Rondon has never had such a reputation at any point in his career.

Almiron is a No.10. That is his natural position. Obviously Rafa chose to use him out of position but he will have had his reasons for that (probably not wanting to upset the rhythm of the side mid season).

Muto hasn't had a chance but I like what I've seen in small doses. Highly mobile and something different to the others. Why he is being written off, again it just seems to be negative fans.